IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 203.
#5301 5 years ago

Hey Guys

Would there be any reason that wedge leds that i bought to go on the playfield will not work in the sockets but traditional wedge bulbs do?

The lights themselves are fine.

Is this some type of power issue ?
I thought leds use less power ??

Thanks !

#5302 5 years ago

Did you try reversing (turn the lamp 180 degrees) and reinstall?

#5303 5 years ago

Ball Save question for everyone that I can't seem to figure out. Running Chad's 6.0 code.

1. I don't see any adjustment for the ball save time (not referring to the raptor kick out save). Am I simply overlooking this setting?
2. Game mode is set to EXPO, when a ball us launched the "shoot again" light will flash for 10 seconds but it never gives a ball save. Could it be that "EXPO" has disabled the ball save logic, but the light still flashes?

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Hey Guys
Would there be any reason that wedge leds that i bought to go on the playfield will not work in the sockets but traditional wedge bulbs do?
The lights themselves are fine.
Is this some type of power issue ?
I thought leds use less power ??
Thanks !

Turn the lights 180 degrees around and re-insert.

Also, the metal wires sometimes to make good connections. Push them way out to the sides and re-insert.

If you have any questions, you can pm me or i have found ryan wanger (fellow pinsider and owner of comet pinball) to be incredibly helpful

#5305 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Turn the lights 180 degrees around and re-insert.
Also, the metal wires sometimes to make good connections. Push them way out to the sides and re-insert.
If you have any questions, you can pm me or i have found ryan wanger (fellow pinsider and owner of comet pinball) to be incredibly helpful

Thank you i will pull the contact wires out slightly and reinsert. That might be it, crazy thing i had one working great and took it out to try it in another socket and it didnt work and then when i put it back in the original spot that didnt work either !
Will try shortly and let you know if that does the trick.

Thanks

Tom

#5306 5 years ago

Sometimes if placing the wires better doesnt work the wedge holders metal clips are too wide you can carefully bend them together wit a small srewdriver
And make sure the side clips touches the board firmly
Be carefull when bending

#5307 5 years ago

Ball save is freeze time in the menu

#5308 5 years ago

It worked !! With pinball i am learning the answer is usually staring you in the face if you take a second to think or ask this forum a question haha ! Thanks guys !

#5309 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Ball Save question for everyone that I can't seem to figure out. Running Chad's 6.0 code.
1. I don't see any adjustment for the ball save time (not referring to the raptor kick out save). Am I simply overlooking this setting?
2. Game mode is set to EXPO, when a ball us launched the "shoot again" light will flash for 10 seconds but it never gives a ball save. Could it be that "EXPO" has disabled the ball save logic, but the light still flashes?

I believe ball save is 5 sec in chads code but not changable?
Yes probaby the expo code

#5310 5 years ago

I need some help. Im at a loss.

Balls were not ejecting properly into the shooter lane. The game would go into ball search every so often for seemingly no reason after mb.

The coil for the release mechanism was dirty and gummed up. The sleeve would not come out of the coil willingly. I cleaned it all up and bought a new coil and sleeve and installed.

Same issue.

Ive checked that the upkicker switch and the shooter lane switch are working in test. Balls activate them as well.

Im not sure what could be wrong next. I have a short video here. This was chaos mb going into drain of all 6 balls.

The game seems to be putting a ball in the upkicker and leaving it there for no reason. Does every ones game always have a ball ready to upkick? Its not recognizing that the ball is in the upkicker it seems. Like I said, the switch tests fine. And the ball activates it when its there. What am i missing?

Any help is appreciated.

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im not sure what could be wrong next. I have a short video here. This was chaos mb going into drain of all 6 balls.
The game seems to be putting a ball in the upkicker and leaving it there for no reason. Does every ones game always have a ball ready to upkick? Its not recognizing that the ball is in the upkicker it seems. Like I said, the switch tests fine. And the ball activates it when its there. What am i missing?
Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#5314 5 years ago

Thank you sir. Switch on order.

I thought that you have that new style switch from Davi?

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I thought that you have that new style switch from Davi?

He has a problem about switch above upkicker coil (number 4).
His 6-pack ball trough switch assembly is fine

20190310_165447 (resized).jpg20190310_165447 (resized).jpg
#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

He has a problem about switch above upkicker coil (number 4).
His 6-pack ball trough switch assembly is fine [quoted image]

Thanks for the clarification.

#5317 5 years ago

Got everything address in my JP except for the ball kicker into the shooter lane. I replaced the switch and now it’s seeing the ball fine but takes 2-4 attempts to eject the ball into the shooter lane.

I’ve tried adjusting everything but I’m guessing there is a simple fix I’m missing?

Appreciate any insight, last thing to have it working 100%!

#5318 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Got everything address in my JP except for the ball kicker into the shooter lane. I replaced the switch and now it’s seeing the ball fine but takes 2-4 attempts to eject the ball into the shooter lane.
I’ve tried adjusting everything but I’m guessing there is a simple fix I’m missing?

Have you replaced the coil sleeve yet? What steps have you done so far?

#5319 5 years ago

I'm looking for a static Tim's gate mode if anyone has one they are willing to part with. PM if you do. Thanks.

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Have you replaced the coil sleeve yet? What steps have you done so far?

I have not yet, but can try that. Checked all the wiring and tried a few different angles by bending the bracket, seems like it always catches the side of the ball.

I'll see if i have some coil sleeves laying around and try that.

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Have you checked your actual trough itself? The bracket that makes the top part of the scoop the ball travels through often breaks

#5322 5 years ago

So turned out the wrong sleeve was installed. Stole one from the knocker and now it works perfectly!

#5323 5 years ago

Hi everyone. So I rebuilt the flippers on my game. Rebuild kits plus new coils. Everything checked out fine. Was on my 5 or 6th game and the left flipper went completely dead. I turned it off, checked to see if the wires were still on the coil. They were, turned it back on, still dead. Smacked the flippper button a couple times, flipper moved briefly, then went dead again. Anything in particular I should check or look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Hi everyone. So I rebuilt the flippers on my game. Rebuild kits plus new coils. Everything checked out fine. Was on my 5 or 6th game and the left flipper went completely dead. I turned it off, checked to see if the wires were still on the coil. They were, turned it back on, still dead. Smacked the flippper button a couple times, flipper moved briefly, then went dead again. Anything in particular I should check or look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David

Chalkey gave me this advice a few months back.

"If you moosh together the eos contacts (or bridge them with a test lead) does it flip? There is a service bulletin about this issue. I had it happen after doing a flipper rebuild kit."

Also, Lonzo suggests the following: "During the time that it is dead, are you getting the red light on the flipper board? Also check your connections to the flipper board. When it is dead, try moving the connectors around. May need a new connector or the solder may need re-flowed on the pins."

So, check those EOS switch contacts and check your fuses/fuse clips on the flipper board.

#5325 5 years ago

Ok. I’ll give that a try. Thank you

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

chalkey gave me this advice a few months back.
"If you moosh together the eos contacts (or bridge them with a test lead) does it flip? There is a service bulletin about this issue. I had it happen after doing a flipper rebuild kit."
Also, lonzo suggests the following: "During the time that it is dead, are you getting the red light on the flipper board? Also check your connections to the flipper board. When it is dead, try moving the connectors around. May need a new connector or the solder may need re-flowed on the pins."
So, check those EOS switch contacts and check your fuses/fuse clips on the flipper board.

Smooshing the EOS contacts together totally worked. I guess I had them adjusted a little to far apart when they were opened. Thanks again for the help

#5327 5 years ago

I need some help. Im at a loss.
Balls were not ejecting properly into the shooter lane. The game would go into ball search every so often for seemingly no reason after mb.
The coil for the release mechanism was dirty and gummed up. The sleeve would not come out of the coil willingly. I cleaned it all up and bought a new coil and sleeve and installed.
Same issue.
Ive checked that the upkicker switch and the shooter lane switch are working in test. Balls activate them as well.
Any help is appreciated.

New switch installed, this issue is still not resolved.

The issue still seems to be the ball release mechanism. My game is level side to side, and I even increased my angle to see if that would help. Balls are still getting hung up for some reason right at the edge of the ball trough rail where it meets the upkicker assembly. The release coil doesnt seem to be able to pull hard enough to release a ball. This is a brand new coil, and the mech isnt dirty. If I do it by hand, it still has trouble, shown in this video. Everything is tight. Is my coil on backwards or something?

Can any one answer me these questions:

Is there any reason for the upkicker to fire if there is no ball in it? Does it fire in a sequence with the release mechanism or does the game HAVE to see a ball there? My game seems to fire the upkicker over and over when the ball is hung up out of the release.

Which way does your ball release coil face?

A short video of me trying by hand to release balls

#5328 5 years ago

New switch installed, this issue is still not resolved.
The issue still seems to be the ball release mechanism. My game is level side to side, and I even increased my angle to see if that would help. Balls are still getting hung up for some reason right at the edge of the ball trough rail where it meets the upkicker assembly. The release coil doesnt seem to be able to pull hard enough to release a ball. This is a brand new coil, and the mech isnt dirty. If I do it by hand, it still has trouble, shown in this video. Everything is tight. Is my coil on backwards or something?
Can any one answer me these questions:
Is there any reason for the upkicker to fire if there is no ball in it? Does it fire in a sequence with the release mechanism or does the game HAVE to see a ball there? My game seems to fire the upkicker over and over when the ball is hung up out of the release.
Which way does your ball release coil face?
A short video of me trying by hand to release balls

First thought on watching that video is coil stop is wrong or coil sleeve is wrong. Everything else appears correct.

#5329 5 years ago

I joined the club today, and I'm very excited! Previous owner is a pinhead, and takes great care of his pins. Purchased at a very fair price (I will not disclose), and pin came with a ton of add-ons (see below). Of course there are a couple of minor things I need to take care of, but in my mind this is a solid quality pin all the way around, and one that will stay in my possession for the foreseeable future. Now I just need to figure out how to play the game!

- ColorDMD
- PinSound
- All LED
- Tim's Static Gate
- Tim's Small Raptor Crate
- Tim's T-Rex Saucer LED
- Tim's Smart Scoop Lighting
- Loop Combo Scoop Mods
- Pinball Life White Egg
- Jeep with Illuminated Headlights
- All New Titan Rings
- Mirror Sideblades
- Illuminated Banner
- Illuminated Back Wall
- NVRAM
- Palm Trees
IMG_1918.JPGIMG_1918.JPGIMG_1909.JPGIMG_1909.JPGIMG_1910.JPGIMG_1910.JPGIMG_1917.JPGIMG_1917.JPGIMG_1920.JPGIMG_1920.JPG

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I joined the club today, and I'm very excited! Previous owner is a pinhead, and takes great care of his pins. Purchased at a very fair price (I will not disclose), and pin came with a ton of add-ons (see below). Of course there are a couple of minor things I need to take care of, but in my mind this is a solid quality pin all the way around, and one that will stay in my possession for the foreseeable future. Now I just need to figure out how to play the game!
- ColorDMD
- PinSound
- All LED
- Tim's Static Gate
- Tim's Small Raptor Crate
- Tim's T-Rex Saucer LED
- Tim's Smart Scoop Lighting
- Loop Combo Scoop Mods
- Pinball Life White Egg
- Jeep with Illuminated Headlights
- All New Titan Rings
- Mirror Sideblades
- Illuminated Banner
- Illuminated Back Wall
- Palm Trees
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you notice that your spitter targets and triceratops target aren't 3D targets? Not bashing your machine. It's gorgeous. Just saw it and it made my OCD twitch.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Did you notice that your spitter targets and triceratops target aren't 3D targets? Not bashing your machine. It's gorgeous. Just saw it and it made my OCD twitch.

Yes, actually owner was in process of switching out to the flat targets since a few of the originals were broken. He gave me the remainder of the new targets to install, so that is on my to-do list. Will end up with all flats. Might still cause you stress since not the same as original, but at least they will be consistent.

He also liked a little more upward flipper position than I'm typically comfortable with. I need to research what is "standard/default" for this pin regarding flipper position as I think I would like to set to that and then customize to my liking from there if needed.

For the most part I'm happy with the lighting (I've changed a couple of bulbs already), but think I'm going to see if I like white better in some of the GI where green is currently.

I also have one broken plastic (the one attached to the right pop/jet) as it is missing the lower finger that covers the metal bracket. Need to see if anyone has one to sell, or if anyone can at least provide a high res scan so I can make my own.

While the machine is in great condition, I can't help but put a few of my own touches on it. All in due time.

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, actually owner was in process of switching out to the flat targets since a few of the originals were broken. He gave me the remainder of the new targets to install, so that is on my to-do list. Will end up with all flats. Might still cause you stress since not the same as original, but at least they will be consistent.
He also liked a little more upward flipper position than I'm typically comfortable with. I need to research what is "standard/default" for this pin regarding flipper position as I think I would like to set to that and then customize to my liking from there if needed.
For the most part I'm happy with the lighting (I've changed a couple of bulbs already), but think I'm going to see if I like white better in some of the GI where green is currently.
I also have one broken plastic (the one attached to the right pop/jet) as it is missing the lower finger that covers the metal bracket. Need to see if anyone has one to sell, or if anyone can at least provide a high res scan so I can make my own.
While the machine is in great condition, I can't help but put a few of my own touches on it. All in due time.

I find anything other than the recommended flipper setting makes the pop bumper loop and the dock shot very difficult.

deflip2 (resized).pngdeflip2 (resized).png
#5333 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I find anything other than the recommended flipper setting makes the pop bumper loop and the dock shot very difficult.[quoted image]

Awesome, and thanks for posting that for me. I was confused about the hole alignment position since my experience is only with my Williams Getaway where best practice is to insert a straightened paperclip between the flipper plastic and rubber at bottom of bat then insert the paperclip into the alignment hole. Was wondering how I was going to do that on JP where the hole extends out beyond the flipper.

#5334 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome, and thanks for posting that for me. I was confused about the hole alignment position since my experience is only with my Williams Getaway where best practice is to insert a straightened paperclip between the flipper plastic and rubber at bottom of bat then insert the paperclip into the alignment hole. Was wondering how I was going to do that on JP where the hole extends out beyond the flipper.

No problem. I have my wife hold the flipper in place while I tighten the adjustment screw. You really have to tighten the hell out of it or in a few games it will slip.

#5335 5 years ago

Does anyone have one of these plastics for sale that is fully intact and in good condition (to the right of the rightmost jet/pop bumper, or just below it given the orientation of the photo)?

If not, is there someone willing to do a hi-res scan (1200-2400dpi) for me so that I can make one?

IMG_1924.JPGIMG_1924.JPG

#5336 5 years ago

To further enhance edward472 here is the official service bulletin from Data East.

data east flipper (resized).JPGdata east flipper (resized).JPG
#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

First thought on watching that video is coil stop is wrong or coil sleeve is wrong. Everything else appears correct.

Coil sleeve came with the coil from marco. The stop....hmmm.

I also got a recommendation to sand the trough ball rails in case of pitting/corrosion.

Super frustrating. I wont have time to work on this now until April. Any tips are very much appreciated.

#5338 5 years ago

Coil sleeve came with the coil from marco. The stop....hmmm.
I also got a recommendation to sand the trough ball rails in case of pitting/corrosion.
Super frustrating. I wont have time to work on this now until April. Any tips are very much appreciated.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5034-00

Was this the coil you purchased? The sleeve that should be in that location is 545-5031-00

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7066

#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5034-00
Was this the coil you purchased? The sleeve that should be in that location is 545-5031-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7066

Get out! Why would marco do this to me?

Guess I should have a manual...

Thanks!

#5340 5 years ago

Get out! Why would marco do this to me?
Guess I should have a manual...
Thanks!

That coil is used in many different applications with different sleeves. You can download a PDF copy of the manual from here https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

data east is middle of flipper tip = alignment pin

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

data east is middle of flipper tip = alignment pin

Great tip!

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

That coil is used in many different applications with different sleeves. You can download a PDF copy of the manual from here https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

Nice, thanks.

Ive got a lot of gottliebs, and if you arent familiar, downloading them is a major offence.

#5344 5 years ago

Hey guys
Seems like everytime i fix some stuff something else pops up.
Tonight replaced all the wedge based lights under the playfield with leds, fixed a target that was not part of the playfield when i bought the machine ( the target north of where the ball goes into the pop bumper field qhen you shoot the ball )
I soldered this in and pressed it and it looks like it works.

Anyway everyrhing is looking great but now when i play none of the modes start !! No stampede ect.. when you shoot into the control room ect.. holes?
Also the left flipper just goes deqd for sporatic moments..
Did i know somwthing loose ? I am baffled please help !

#5345 5 years ago

To be more specific the "control room" is mot being recognized hence not giving me modes via the dmd.

Everything elsw on the machine working normally

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

To be more specific the "control room" is mot being recognized hence not giving me modes via the dmd.
Everything elsw on the machine working normally

Did you check if the rollover switch in the metal subway underneath is still in position and functioning?

#5347 5 years ago

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it. Bending the piece of metal on the rollover switch worked for me. Also check the diode on the roll over switch it’s prone to breaking at the solder joint.

#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Did you check if the rollover switch in the metal subway underneath is still in position and functioning?

Thanks guys this makes the most sense maybe i hit it somegow when i wan soldering and putting in 2 new targets and brakets.
It makes the most sense becsuse the game works flawlessly otherwise

#5349 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Thanks guys this makes the most sense maybe i hit it somegow when i wan soldering and putting in 2 new targets and brakets.
It makes the most sense becsuse the game works flawlessly otherwise

I need to replace my switch. It sometimes works. It seems if I lob the ball into the control room, it works. Any ball with some speed on it and the switch doesn't register.

#5350 5 years ago

Need some advice from established JP owners. I have my new one all setup at 6.5 degrees of tilt and perfectly level side-to-side. Whenever I make the left loop (forget what its called, but shot with right flipper through the pops then up and around the top of the pin), 9 times out of 10 when the ball exits the loop at the right it takes an odd bounce and then descends to an automatic center drain.

I'm sure this is not the intentional design, so was wondering where the ball should hit (right or left flipper) and what adjustments I could make to correct this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.