IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 203.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I was able to also fix the left flipper now it is resting at the same level as the right.
When shot the ball it originally was not going through the T-Bar gate into the poppers. i slight bend to the end of the firing ramp has fixed that too. going into the poppers. looks like any other fixes i need to do will be purely cosmetic at this point thankfully.
The only other thing i am curios about is if i got a fair deal?
Whats the going rate for this Pin these days?

As someone who has just bought one myself and helped "broker" a deal for a friend for one as well, I can tell you they typically go for 3-4k. Anything working below 3,000 is a steal. I would consider 3,500 to be about average. The better the condition, the more value added of course. As mentioned before...LEDs, colordmd, upgraded gate, topper, cliffys, etc add some value as well. I have seen really nice examples going for 5k.

I think people have only recently really discovered what a truly great game this is, and the rising prices have directly reflected that.

#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think people have only recently really discovered what a truly great game this is, and the rising prices have directly reflected that.

4EA25F9A-A518-4B0C-983B-8004162AC33E.gif4EA25F9A-A518-4B0C-983B-8004162AC33E.gif

The longer people don’t discover how good they are the more chance I’ll have it finding a better example of one!

I’m glad de games aren’t as popular. Prices can stay affordable.

#5153 5 years ago

In our area average examples go for about $2800.

#5154 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Condition is everything. Yours has some scoop wear, but the area around the flippers looks OK and your pin works, so that would affect the value a little, etc.
Location also plays a factor, and if a store or dealer is selling it with a warranty, they would charge a premium.
LED's, Topper, Color DMD, etc, add some value.
I consider the Pinside price a rough guide for a good condition, working pin at a private sale such as $3000 or a little more.

The guy originally wanted $3,700. I took a snapshot pf Pinside average value of $2,700 and offered him that.

He said no right away and i told him that if he changed hi mind down the road let me know. He hit me back at $2,800, i accepted and picked it up the following Saturday. Based on some of the comments you guys made I at least feel like i made an ok deal then.

I also ordered and paid for Cliffys, a full new rubber set, the Novus cleaning kit and 6 brand new pinballs.
I almost ordered the Ceramic White ball from Marcos but $50 seemed steep to get that "Egg" look.
If you guys know of a cheaper Ceramic white egg to be found let me know.

thanks!

#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

BINGO , Exactly what i paid

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Is the end bumper missing? It is a plug grommet.

You are correct both Grommets were worn to nothing.

i wrapped some electrical tape to build it back up but i am now ordering these replacements.

thanks!

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

You are correct both Grommets were worn to nothing.
i wrapped some electrical tape to build it back up but i am now ordering these replacements.
thanks!

I just found the correct Grommets on Pinball Life and also a more affordable Ceramic white Egg Ball.

Bought em! To fix the Flippers properly

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

The guy originally wanted $3,700. I took a snapshot pf Pinside average value of $2,700 and offered him that.
He said no right away and i told him that if he changed hi mind down the road let me know. He hit me back at $2,800, i accepted and picked it up the following Saturday. Based on some of the comments you guys made I at least feel like i made an ok deal then.
I also ordered and paid for Cliffys, a full new rubber set, the Novus cleaning kit and 6 brand new pinballs.
I almost ordered the Ceramic White ball from Marcos but $50 seemed steep to get that "Egg" look.
thanks!

The cheapest i could find the ceramic ball was on ebay for 29.99....which i still think is too high, but i bought it anyway. It looks great. It was a much bigger improvement than i thought it would be.

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I have noticed that the NE area has an over supply of pins compared to the south. Where i live, pinballs sell quick and high.

I bet there have been 2 dozen pins in the NE area listed this month that would have gone for hundreds more and sold instantly if they were in my area.

#5160 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement smart missile button plastic? Mine is cracked pretty much all the way across, and I don't think its gonna take the abuse my wife's family is going to put on it when they find out I have a pinball machine.

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

thanks!

I think Mezel Mods sells singles of the Glo Balls for $15. The white looks great, it does not actually glow in the dark or tint green.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement smart missile button plastic? Mine is cracked pretty much all the way across, and I don't think its gonna take the abuse my wife's family is going to put on it when they find out I have a pinball machine.

ebay.com link: Data East Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Smart Missile Button 515 5825 00 New

I dont think they sell the plastic by itself. I looked for a start button a while back, and i had to buy the whole assembly...but there it is.

#5163 5 years ago

Daditude Thank you! Snagged the last one. Now the kids can hammer on the broken one until it fully breaks.

#5164 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have noticed that the NE area has an over supply of pins compared to the south. Where i live, pinballs sell quick and high.
I bet there have been 2 dozen pins in the NE area listed this month that would have gone for hundreds more and sold instantly if they were in my area.

LOL thats the first time in history anyone has ever told me anything in the NE is cheaper than the south.
I will take this as a win for once.
Meanwhile NY State might just Tax me enough to come move down by you eventually

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

LOL thats the first time in history anyone has ever told me anything in the NE is cheaper than the south.
I will take this as a win for once.
Meanwhile NY State might just Tax me enough to come move down by you eventually

Come on down! We say people here are either Texas by birth or by choice.

#5166 5 years ago

Never got the PM

#5167 5 years ago

Hey guys trying to fix a switch on my JP. The left out lane switch is not working. No response in switch test. There is a wire that had come loose which I soldered back on but still nothing. The right outlane has two wires to it, I don’t see any other wires for the left?

Can someone confirm this wiring is correct before I order a new switch?

51138069-9DA1-4D82-8845-4840059AE2C4 (resized).jpeg51138069-9DA1-4D82-8845-4840059AE2C4 (resized).jpeg
#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

daditude Thank you! Snagged the last one. Now the kids can hammer on the broken one until it fully breaks.

That looks like it is from the Mad Amusements seller. See the URL below.

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=125

There are a lot of postings on Pinside regarding this business so it is buyer beware when doing business with him.

Gord

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Hey guys trying to fix a switch on my JP. The left out lane switch is not working. No response in switch test. There is a wire that had come loose which I soldered back on but still nothing. The right outlane has two wires to it, I don’t see any other wires for the left?
Can someone confirm this wiring is correct before I order a new switch?
[quoted image]

Wiring is correct, only one wire as its the last switch in its column. Check the switch with a multimeter first, if it passes continuity test replace the diode.

#5170 5 years ago

TREX no longer wants to move side to side. I figured out how to re-adjust him so he'll go up and down, but the motor does not seem to want to come on for left to right movement. I was in the machine earlier today and am assuming I bumped something loose but cannot figure it out. I hear a clicking noise in the small thing pictured on the green board but don't see movement when the TREX should be turning. I wanted to know if anybody had any tips before I disassembled the motor. Does anybody know what would cause the left right motor to fail but the up down and chomp to continue working? All the switches in the test mode work here.

Also... on a completely unrelated note... How do I adjust the volume?

Thanks!

20190218_195534 (resized).jpg20190218_195534 (resized).jpg20190218_195713 (resized).jpg20190218_195713 (resized).jpg
#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

TREX no longer wants to move side to side. I figured out how to re-adjust him so he'll go up and down, but the motor does not seem to want to come on for left to right movement. I was in the machine earlier today and am assuming I bumped something loose but cannot figure it out. I hear a clicking noise in the small thing pictured on the green board but don't see movement when the TREX should be turning. I wanted to know if anybody had any tips before I disassembled the motor. Does anybody know what would cause the left right motor to fail but the up down and chomp to continue working? All the switches in the test mode work here.
Also... on a completely unrelated note... How do I adjust the volume?
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

You can adjust the volume in the adjustments menu or you can turn the volume pot(inside cab to the right next to the service outlet

#5172 5 years ago

The reason the up/down works but not the side to side, is because there is 2 separate motors to control side to side and up/down

What you have pictured is a relay, which allows the changing direction of the side to side motor. I always think easy as that's my skill level, try reseating the connections to the motor itself. Or the plug pictured

#5173 5 years ago

I had the same issue on my JP with the T Rex not moving side to side. Removing that same relay and reheating/resoldering the joints on the PCB did the trick.

#5174 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Never got the PM

Doh! I pmd pinball gizzard by accident and then he told me he only had the cliffys on order. I then proceeded to just buy them from cliff R via paypal imvoice. I am realizong now i pmed wrong guy sorry.

#5175 5 years ago

Just recently played a near flawless JP, first one I’ve played in many years.
There aren’t too many of these out in the wild locally anymore.
It was such a blast.
Although I’m currently out of space, this is definitely now on my wanted list down the road.
IMO, a very fun and under-rated title.

#5176 5 years ago

I had the same issue on my JP with the T Rex not moving side to side. Removing that same relay and reheating/resoldering the joints on the PCB did the trick.

I'll give it a shot today... Do you know which connections on the PCB (presumably power control board) need to be checked?

#5177 5 years ago

I'll give it a shot today... Do you know which connections on the PCB (presumably power control board) need to be checked?

Disaster. Still not luck with the dinosaur. But now my back right flipper is stuck on. When I turn on the machine it doesn't work but if I assist it the flipper stays in the up position and buzzes loudly. I had a working JP last night.... Grrr. It looks like I bumped loose a solder connection but when I re-connected it I had no luck. Any advice appreciated.

I took off the relay and reseated/reheated the connections but with no success. I hear the relay working so it obviously works. I took the motor out and it does not work even with no resistance. I used my very limited multimeter skills and got a tone between the relay and the two motor ports. I'm guessing its the motor itself but am open to suggestions.

Once I get everything working again that playfield is not coming back up.

#5178 5 years ago

Is there a way I can test the TREX motor and verify that it works or doesn't work? I'm thinking about hooking it up directly to something like a 9 volt battery... If this is a bad idea please let me know. I'm going to head in to the hardware store to get some more solder... would there be anything there more appropriate?

#5179 5 years ago

Is there a way I can test the TREX motor and verify that it works or doesn't work? I'm thinking about hooking it up directly to something like a 9 volt battery... If this is a bad idea please let me know. I'm going to head in to the hardware store to get some more solder... would there be anything there more appropriate?

The left/right motor is 5 volts. So, don't attach 9 volt unless you have a way to step done the voltage. If you have a spare PC power supply laying around, you can modify it to make an easy 5V power source to test. Check this link https://makezine.com/projects/computer-power-supply-to-bench-power-supply-adapter/

Also, check the pdf here https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5025-00 if you haven't already.

#5180 5 years ago

My bad I just mean the circuit board on the relay. My electronics vocabulary is rudimentary! Just take the relay off and there are about 8-10 or so solder joints in the back. Reheat those and flow a little new solder in there and give it a shot. Just make sure you don’t put so much solder in there that joints touch or anything. After that my TRex works like a champ.

#5181 5 years ago

This also happened to me and it looked like cold solder. But after reflowing it was working great.

#5182 5 years ago

I had a weird problem last night on my machine. The guy I bought the machine from said the VUK sometimes wouldn't get the ball all the way to the wire ramp and would fire multiple times before it succeeded. While playing last night, the ball would go into the subway I'd hear the VUK coil fire, but no ball. Wait a bit the game would start firing coils to find the ball, but couldn't. I open the coin door and the ball is sitting in the subway. This happened 3 times out of maybe 20 times the ball went into the subway. Pic attached. Thoughts?

20190218_182150 (resized).jpg20190218_182150 (resized).jpg
#5183 5 years ago

Move the wire bundle above it up, looks like its pressing down on the plastic guard and slowing the ball down in that area.

#5184 5 years ago

Noticing a strange issue, and wondering if any of you have had it:

Once in awhile, after the game is turned on and boots, sound/music doesn't work during the first ball. It corrects itself at ball number 2.

Running Rev6.00.

Anyone have this?

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Noticing a strange issue, and wondering if any of you have had it:
Once in awhile, after the game is turned on and boots, sound/music doesn't work during the first ball. It corrects itself at ball number 2.
Running Rev6.00.
Anyone have this?

Do you hear a random trex roar before this happens? If you do its from the sound board resetting, repinning CN2 should fix it.

#5186 5 years ago

Hey Guys
If i was to replace the glass on the JP is this a wide body or standard size glass?

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Hey Guys
If i was to replace the glass on the JP is this a wide body or standard size glass?

Standard. Save a lot of cash and pick up a sheet at show. Typically $40 out the door.

#5188 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Do you hear a random trex roar before this happens? If you do its from the sound board resetting, repinning CN2 should fix it.

Do you mean reflowing the solder on the connector?

#5189 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Standard. Save a lot of cash and pick up a sheet at show. Typically $40 out the door.

Thanks will do

#5190 5 years ago

Fixed the flippers but side to side TREX is still broken. I took this off and reflowed the solder. I confirmed with my limited multimeter skills a clear connection through all circuits on the board, and between the motor and the blue wires here. I confirmed with a small battery that the motor will spin with direct DC current. What is the next troubleshooting step?

Thanks!

20190218_195534 (resized).jpg20190218_195534 (resized).jpg
#5191 5 years ago

Fixed the flippers but side to side TREX is still broken. I took this off and reflowed the solder. I confirmed with my limited multimeter skills a clear connection through all circuits on the board, and between the motor and the blue wires here. I confirmed with a small battery that the motor will spin with direct DC current. What is the next troubleshooting step?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Sounds like stripped gears in the motor box.
Power good. Motor turns on. Continuity. No trex moving.
Unless maybe your voltage is way off? But you’d probably see other things.
I ran into this issue and replaced my motor. Some guys have rebuilt them but that’s a lot of work if it doesn’t work and you have to pull the trex again.

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Sounds like stripped gears in the motor box.
Power good. Motor turns on. Continuity. No trex moving.
Unless maybe your voltage is way off? But you’d probably see other things.
I ran into this issue and replaced my motor. Some guys have rebuilt them but that’s a lot of work if it doesn’t work and you have to pull the trex again.

Here's the thing though... motor turns in and out of the gearbox when battery is applied. It does not turn during TREX diagnostics when house power is turned on... The motor works... there is connectivity to that circuit. What else do I need to check? Thanks for the advice!

#5193 5 years ago

And because life cant be perfect the plastic piece here just broke on the upper righthand flipper. Conecting the arm. I think its white plastic.

Does anyone know the proper name for this so i can order a replacement? Hope this machine doesnt keep throwing little surprises at me.

20190219_204029-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190219_204029-756x1008 (resized).jpg
#5194 5 years ago

I think its called a flipper link ?

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I think its called a flipper link ?

Plunger link assembly. But you might as well buy a full flipper rebuild kit if you are taking it out to work on anyway

#5196 5 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the right and left sling shot leaf switch wiring/soldering locations?

#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Do you mean reflowing the solder on the connector?

You can start there but typically the wire side connector is the culprit in this problem, both should be replaced. Doesn’t hurt to try reflowing the connector to see if it improves at all first.

#5198 5 years ago

Here's the thing though... motor turns in and out of the gearbox when battery is applied. It does not turn during TREX diagnostics when house power is turned on... The motor works... there is connectivity to that circuit. What else do I need to check? Thanks for the advice!

Sounds like voltage/power problem since it turns with external power.

I’d check for 5volts at the motor when in trex diagnostics and trying to turn right/left. Obviously you’ll need a 2nd set of hands.

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

And because life cant be perfect the plastic piece here just broke on the upper righthand flipper. Conecting the arm. I think its white plastic.
Does anyone know the proper name for this so i can order a replacement? Hope this machine doesnt keep throwing little surprises at me.[quoted image]

Here you go: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5611-00

Like others, I would recommend a full rebuild: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6306-20

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Is that some kind of premium glass? At my local show there's a guy who sells them for $25 each or 5 for $100. At least it was that way a couple years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/104?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.