65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 203.
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Jurassic Park is heavier.

WOZ is 310lb. Is there an official measurement on JP? I honestly can say I had no issues moving my JP in the past, but WOZ kicked my ass.

This site says JP only weighs 250....

https://www.uship.com/shipment/1993-data-east-jurassic-park-pinball-mac/898218240/

This site confirms your 325...

https://www.mpamusement.com/Details.asp?List=20&Product=106

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

PPSSSHHH try moving a WOZ.

Jurassic Park is heavier.

Try moving a Haunted House. 3 playfields! Super heavy...and I've owned 2!

#5103 5 years ago

Those Mod Father mods are a fucking rip off. Sorry, but they just are. He's charging over $40 for the Pteranodon "mod", but on Amazon you can get them for $9.

https://www.amazon.com/Papo-The-Dinosaur-Figure-Pteranodon/dp/B000GL1BHO/ref=sr_1_5

And the Jeep on Amazon is only $23, as opposed to his $42 Jeep on his website, or $68 with the lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Jada-24038-W1-Jurassic-World-Wrangler/dp/B00WTMWBI6/ref=sr_1_16

Seriously, you gotta be a sucker to buy these kinds of "mods" from him.

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Try moving a Haunted House. 3 playfields! Super heavy...and I've owned 2!

Ya I own that one too. Woz still wins.

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Those Mod Father mods are a fucking rip off. Sorry, but they just are. He's charging over $40 for the Pteranodon "mod", but on Amazon you can get them for $9.
amazon.com link »
And the Jeep on Amazon is only $23, as opposed to his $42 Jeep on his website, or $68 with the lights.
amazon.com link »

He seems like a real nice guy but i have to agree. Trex looks like godzilla and the abominable snow man from the rudolph stop motion had a baby.

I can see a mark up for adding the lights, everyones time is worth money. To put a chain on a goat figure and mark it up $20+ is kinda nutso.

#5106 5 years ago

Adjustment 32 - Flash Lamps. I took mine off Normal and see pretty well when playing these days.

#5107 5 years ago

WOZ is 310lb. Is there an official measurement on JP? I honestly can say I had no issues moving my JP in the past, but WOZ kicked my ass.
This site says JP only weighs 250....
https://www.uship.com/shipment/1993-data-east-jurassic-park-pinball-mac/898218240/
This site confirms your 325...
https://www.mpamusement.com/Details.asp?List=20&Product=106

How about HH?

#5108 5 years ago

He seems like a real nice guy but i have to agree. Trex looks like godzilla and the abominable snow man from the rudolph stop motion had a baby.
I can see a mark up for adding the lights, everyones time is worth money. To put a chain on a goat figure and mark it up $20+ is kinda nutso.

So where do you buy the goat? Or the trees for that matter?

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Right switch should have white with yellow stripe and left switch white with orange stripe wire going to it, what does yours have?

Mine are backwards.

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Mine are backwards.

Pretty sure the wiring is long enough to accidentally allow the switches to be located in the wrong spots. Carefully unbundle the wires, then just unscrew the switches and move them to the right spots.

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

I am going to respectfully disagree.

I just dropped by Target and picked up a Jurassic Park Jeep. I spent the last 2 hours drilling out the headlights, putting in transparent plastic, rewiring the flashers through it, and getting it all working again. The results... are borderline passable but not nearly as nice as what is on the Modfather's website. I'm going to just order the jeep through him and pass this one to the kids. However... I do think I'm going to go with the kiddie action figure dolls for extra dinosaurs on my machine. I think they are at about the same scale as the T-REX

20190215_215619 (resized).jpg20190215_215619 (resized).jpg20190215_220226 (resized).jpg20190215_220226 (resized).jpg
#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Pretty sure the wiring is long enough to accidentally allow the switches to be located in the wrong spots. Carefully unbundle the wires, then just unscrew the switches and move them to the right spots.

I just desoldered and resoldered. All good with that now.

Next issue that has reared its ugly head is the trough. At times it doesn’t detect the end of ball when it drains, then after a minute or so ball search kicks in and it fires out another ball. Is this just a bad switch or an opto?

#5113 5 years ago

I just dropped by Target and picked up a Jurassic Park Jeep. I spent the last 2 hours drilling out the headlights, putting in transparent plastic, rewiring the flashers through it, and getting it all working again. The results... are borderline passable but not nearly as nice as what is on the Modfather's website. I'm going to just order the jeep through him and pass this one to the kids. However... I do think I'm going to go with the kiddie action figure dolls for extra dinosaurs on my machine. I think they are at about the same scale as the T-REX
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check out the papo dinosaurs first. They are generally considered the best.

#5114 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I just desoldered and resoldered. All good with that now.
Next issue that has reared its ugly head is the trough. At times it doesn’t detect the end of ball when it drains, then after a minute or so ball search kicks in and it fires out another ball. Is this just a bad switch or an opto?

Does it not detect end of ball after you had a multiball during that ball? The switch at the end of the trough that detects when a ball is above the solenoid would be the cause of that, they tend to start getting intermittent when multiball hapens. If its just during normal play then trough switch #1 would be suspect, its the one on the left.

#5115 5 years ago

loooooooool! That thing is ridiculously massive, fully hides the left orbit, flipper and half the shed!

#5116 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

There are smaller cheeper jeeps available at ali express or amazon!

1550307218841-486609192 (resized).jpg1550307218841-486609192 (resized).jpg1550307242254-349263148 (resized).jpg1550307242254-349263148 (resized).jpg
#5117 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

loooooooool! That thing is ridiculously massive, fully hides the left orbit, flipper and half the shed!

Quoted from jorro:

There are smaller cheeper jeeps available at ali express or amazon!

I think the lesson learned here is... not the one from Target!

I ordered the Modfather Jeep, side art, and some trees. I like the Mattel Dinosaurs better than the ones off of other sites because they match the color scheme from the original move. A green raptor would just bug me. The spitter I picked up also looks much more like the one in the movies.

#5118 5 years ago

I ordered the Modfather Jeep, side art, and some trees. I like the Mattel Dinosaurs better than the ones off of other sites because they match the color scheme from the original move. A green raptor would just bug me. The spitter I picked up also looks much more like the one in the movies.

You could use the jeep as a topper?

#5119 5 years ago

I carefully painted the logo and now I have cool custom pop bumpers! Give it a shot!

Yes. I did that back in 1992 when I got mine NITB. Black with red circles.
I wished Data East would of hot stamped them.

#5120 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Does it not detect end of ball after you had a multiball during that ball? The switch at the end of the trough that detects when a ball is above the solenoid would be the cause of that, they tend to start getting intermittent when multiball hapens. If its just during normal play then trough switch #1 would be suspect, its the one on the left.

Now that you mention it, I think it mainly happens during multiball. I’m out and about today until 8-9pm, at which point I’ll try determine exactly when it happens. Thanks!

If it is during multiball, do I just replace the switch with a new one?

#5121 5 years ago

Target sells Matchbox cars. They had (may still have) Jurassic World sets and individuals. You can get a Jeep or the Explorer from the first movie for a couple of bucks at a size more appropriate for this game. There are pics around this thread where people have posted examples.

In my opinion the detailed Papo dinosaurs look more movie accurate than the cheap-looking Mattel versions. Not sure they have the full range of JP dinos, though. I sure would not mix from different sets. Anything else next to a Papo is going to look bad.

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Now that you mention it, I think it mainly happens during multiball. I’m out and about today until 8-9pm, at which point I’ll try determine exactly when it happens. Thanks!
If it is during multiball, do I just replace the switch with a new one?

I'd replace it, the original switch is currently not available https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5118-00 but this one is verified as a working substitute with just a slight adjustment to the wire https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5101-00
Edit: PBL has the switch https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-ball-trough-microswitch.html
Also be sure to grab a new diode for it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1N4004

Here is a video that covers whats happening

#5123 5 years ago

Note: The OEM switch is a micro switch that had a very light weight activation force.
The replacement for the switch has a heaver activation tension...
as shown from the video above...
I think Chad thinks the OEM is the heaver tension micro switch...it is not.

#5124 5 years ago

Congrats!
Fair warning... Jurassic Park is a 325 pound machine... as opposed to the 250ish pound Bally/Williams/Stern Standard.

So i got the JP! It was heavy but me and my uncle made short work of it. Ratcheted straps and a handtruck are a must.
Some pics :

So here the thing. The machine has a few issues.
Forgive me i dont know the technical names for some of this stuff.
1) left flipper seems to hang a little lower than right flipper. If anyone can please tell me if this is an easy fix.
2) the "drop holes ??" To the left hat spell put cha..
When the ball goes in there it has a very hard time "popping" back out. Mostly the left one has the issues.
I would like to try and fix this myself, do i just need to buy something to fix this ?
3) the "drop holes" surrounding playfield/wood is chewed up a bit. I have heard of these cliffy protectors.. should i buy a set of those ? Will they install over chewed up wood ??

Thanks for everyones help, such a great forum.

Tom

20190216_142632-1008x756 (resized).jpg20190216_142632-1008x756 (resized).jpg20190216_143221-1008x756 (resized).jpg20190216_143221-1008x756 (resized).jpg20190216_144625-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_144625-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_144633-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_144633-756x1008 (resized).jpg
#5125 5 years ago

To help clarify my issues please see included pics

20190216_181714-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_181714-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_181733-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190216_181733-756x1008 (resized).jpg
#5126 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

left flipper seems to hang a little lower than right flipper. If anyone can please tell me if this is an easy fix.

Is the end bumper missing? It is a plug grommet.

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

So i got the JP! It was heavy but me and my uncle made short work of it. Ratcheted straps and a handtruck are a must.
1) left flipper seems to hang a little lower than right flipper. If anyone can please tell me if this is an easy fix.

Under the playfield, there is a bolt that is threaded through the pawl on the flipper. With JP, the opposite side has a red cap on it to open the EOS switch. Loosen that bolt, move the flipper to the correct position and tighten it down. The JP pawls have only one side threaded, so if someone put the bolt in the wrong way, the flipper will never stay tight.

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/515-5051-00/large.jpg

My C and A are both chewed up but I figure I won't be making it that much worse. Cliffy's can cause rejects and I get plenty of rejects as is still. I guess it depends on if it bothers you or not.

#5128 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Under the playfield, there is a bolt that is threaded through the pawl on the flipper. With JP, the opposite side has a red cap on it to open the EOS switch. Loosen that bolt, move the flipper to the correct position and tighten it down. The JP pawls have only one side threaded, so if someone put the bolt in the wrong way, the flipper will never stay tight.
https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/515-5051-00/large.jpg
My C and A are both chewed up but I figure I won't be making it that much worse. Cliffy's can cause rejects and I get plenty of rejects as is still. I guess it depends on if it bothers you or not.

I have emailed the Cliffy guy i think i will buy them and see if it can prevent further damage.
100% will try the flipper fix tonight. I have a feeling that will be the perfect fix, thank you !

#5129 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Is the end bumper missing? It is a plug grommet.

I will check thank you

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I have emailed the Cliffy guy i think i will buy them and see if it can prevent further damage.
100% will try the flipper fix tonight. I have a feeling that will be the perfect fix, thank you !

Cliffy will cover some but maybe not all of that wear on your A hole. Lol. C hole damage should get fully covered by looks of it.

#5131 5 years ago

I bought a a set of rom chips with Chad's 6.0 code to upgrade a new purchase, but it turns out that the machine has already been upgraded. Is anyone interested in buying these off me? $20 shipped.

EDIT: They are sold to Billc479, Thanks!

#5133 5 years ago

You 100% need to square off your scoop holes with wood filler before installing cliffy's or the edges will raise, causing missed shots. The p.o. of my game did not do this :/

#5134 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You 100% need to square off your scoop holes with wood filler before installing cliffy's or the edges will raise, causing missed shots. The p.o. of my game did not do this :/

Thanks good to know. Is there a certain brand or type of wood filler to use for this ?

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Cliffy will cover some but maybe not all of that wear on your A hole. Lol. C hole damage should get fully covered by looks of it.

Yes it appears my A hole is messier than the rest lol

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Yes it appears my A hole is messier than the rest lol

Sloppiest A hole ive seen in a while.

#5137 5 years ago

I think i need to replace this thing too it doesnt pop the balls out strong enough

20190217_104159-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190217_104159-756x1008 (resized).jpg
#5138 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I think i need to replace this thing too it doesnt pop the balls out strong enough
[quoted image]

No need to replace the whole thing or even just the coil. All you need to do is replace the coil sleeve. Super simple and super cheap. When I got my JP, I rebuilt all the coils in the game, and they all activated like new.

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I have emailed the Cliffy guy i think i will buy them and see if it can prevent further damage

I have a set of cliffys if needed

#5140 5 years ago

My understanding is that coils don't really get "weak". They either work or they don't. Changing the coil won't make it kick out any stronger. Need a new sleeve as noted above.

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

[quoted image]

It may be out of alignment. If the ball doesn’t go straight up, it rattled against the wiredorm on the way up and doesn’t make it.

#5142 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

He definitely should go for it. There is a long wait on cliffys now.

#5143 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He definitely should go for it. There is a long wait on cliffys now.

He just shipped an order I put at the start of December (tspp kit).

Check your local parts distributors they may already have some in stock, otherwise just put in an order and wait.

#5144 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Check your local parts distributors they may already have some in stock, otherwise just put in an order and wait.

Luckily for me, i just got mine.

#5145 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Sweet that means my 2 sets JP and STTNG that I ordered December 5th should be coming soon. In all fairness he told me they would take a long time, but they are worth it to me

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

No need to replace the whole thing or even just the coil. All you need to do is replace the coil sleeve. Super simple and super cheap. When I got my JP, I rebuilt all the coils in the game, and they all activated like new.

Crazy enough i was taking a good look at the C scoop where the kick back is. I noticed when the ball tries to pop out it was hitting the lower left gap opening at the bottom of the scoop creating friction and keeping the ball from popping out. Not sure if i explained that well enough.
Anyway i took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled that lower wall out a bit so it wouldn't be the first thing the ball hits on the kick back and Unbelievably the problem is completely fixed. tried about 20 drops in the bucket and every one kicked back on the first try now.

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

PM'd

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

It may be out of alignment. If the ball doesn’t go straight up, it rattled against the wiredorm on the way up and doesn’t make it.

Yes ball was hitting the gap between bottom of scoop at the left first

#5149 5 years ago

I was able to also fix the left flipper now it is resting at the same level as the right.

When shot the ball it originally was not going through the T-Bar gate into the poppers. i slight bend to the end of the firing ramp has fixed that too. going into the poppers. looks like any other fixes i need to do will be purely cosmetic at this point thankfully.

The only other thing i am curios about is if i got a fair deal?
Whats the going rate for this Pin these days?

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Whats the going rate for this Pin these days?

Condition is everything. Yours has some scoop wear, but the area around the flippers looks OK and your pin works, so that would affect the value a little, etc.

Location also plays a factor, and if a store or dealer is selling it with a warranty, they would charge a premium.

LED's, Topper, Color DMD, etc, add some value.

I consider the Pinside price a rough guide for a good condition, working pin at a private sale such as $3000 or a little more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/103?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.