65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 203.
#4951 5 years ago

I put in some poly uritane posts, no airballs and less hard bouncebacks.

#4952 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I recommend the firmer Clifty post sleeves over Titan silicone ones, unless Titan now offers harder sleeves. If you get soft, rubbery sleeves, there will be very frequent airballs. At least that was my experience.

I'll second Cliffy Post rubber. Had airballs with Superband post rubber before. So bad, i had a couple shots so hard, that it was hitting the post, fly over the crossover ramp, and hit the flipper in the air.

Installing the Cliffy post stopped all that.

#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'll second Cliffy Post rubber. Had airballs with Superband post rubber before. So bad, i had a couple shots so hard, that it was hitting the post, fly over the crossover ramp, and hit the flipper in the air.
Installing the Cliffy post stopped all that.

Thanks guys. I’ll keep that in my bag of tricks if needed. I just did a ring job about 3-400 plays ago so I’ll have plenty of good rubber post sleeves if I have some issues. I didn’t do a great cleaning just more of a wipe down then. So, this time around I’m stripping it down and getting in their deep.

#4954 5 years ago

After multiple misses on deals/sellers changing their minds/sellers skipping me for more money...and even one scam deal............after ALL that...I am finally...

FINALLY...

...officially a Jurassic Pinball owner and member of the club!

#4955 5 years ago

Rebuilt the flippers today. I now know I need to order new spring brackets. They springs have actually cut quite a groove into the metal. I'm guessing these were the original flippers. I also learned about Data East flipper pawls and how they are only threaded on one side. That detour took longer than planned.

#4956 5 years ago

Embrace the Newman!

20190121_231435 (resized).jpg20190121_231435 (resized).jpg
#4957 5 years ago

Whats up with your sling plastics? Are those from the lost world pin?

#4958 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Embrace the Newman![quoted image]

Of all the custom price / scoring cards for every game, this one is my absolute favorite. So good.

#4959 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats up with your sling plastics? Are those from the lost world pin?

Yeah. I just got this pin, and the guy I got it from kept it working, but not much else. Wrong plastics, missing pteradons, a bent key, etc.
I have a lot of improvements that need to be done.

#4960 5 years ago

Get I'm getting that GI light fix. Got an invoice for it yesterday and paid for it. Now all I need is that new ball through from Davi

#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Get I'm getting that GI light fix. Got an invoice for it yesterday and paid for it. Now all I need is that new ball through from davi

I hear you
In progress, waiting for parts.
20190123_224030 (resized).jpg20190123_224030 (resized).jpg

#4962 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I hear you
In progress, waiting for parts.
[quoted image]

Were so ready.

#4963 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Embrace the Newman![quoted image]

Quoted from Daditude:

Yeah. I just got this pin, and the guy I got it from kept it working, but not much else. Wrong plastics, missing pteradons, a bent key, etc.
I have a lot of improvements that need to be done.

For anyone ready for a MOD EXPLOSION...get ready. This JP was bone-stock with half or more of the lights out, wrong bulbs, no apron cards, dirty as can be, worn rubbers of various colors, etc.
I am in the process of ordering items and getting it tricked out. LEDs, topper, new pop bumpers, chad h code, working gate and raptor mods, tons of ectra lighting, all new black rubbers, etc. I will try to keep it pisted in this thread.

15483946551211697272076 (resized).jpg15483946551211697272076 (resized).jpg1548394684187176199131 (resized).jpg1548394684187176199131 (resized).jpg
#4964 5 years ago

Doesn't it just pain you to see pins which are left for dead? I don't get it myself, when there are no end to the loving homes that they can go to.

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Doesn't it just pain you to see pins which are left for dead? I don't get it myself, when there are no end to the loving homes that they can go to.

I have improved every pin i have ever owned. Cleaning, shopping, modding, and so on. I leave them better than i get them in.

I have wanted JP for a long time, and it def needs TLC, so I will go "ham" on it!
I have already spent a ton on it.

Here are the items I have ordered for mods/improvements so far:

JP:
Full LEDs from Comet, a changeup of backup incandescent lights, reserve mixture of color LEDs, light bulb covers (in different colors), black rubbers, dino decals, start button, pteradons, keychain, replacement key, flipper rubbers, east dock sign, led strips, t-rex led light, loop scoop lights, moving gate mod, moving raptor in cage mod, sling plastics, chad h code, TRex topper, spotlight reflectors, touch up paint, papo trees, apron cards, apron card holders, pop bumpers, new pinballs, target decals.

I haven't decided, but I may also get more dinos and trees, the dino egg mod, side blades, and/or the goat mod. I will see how much room I have.

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have improved every pin i have ever owned. Cleaning, shopping, modding, and so on. I leave them better than i get them in.
I have wanted JP for a long time, and it def needs TLC, so I will go "ham" on it!
I have already spent a ton on it.
Here are the items I have ordered for mods/improvements so far:
JP:
Full LEDs from Comet, a changeup of backup incandescent lights, reserve mixture of color LEDs, light bulb covers (in different colors), black rubbers, dino decals, start button, pteradons, keychain, replacement key, flipper rubbers, east dock sign, led strips, t-rex led light, loop scoop lights, moving gate mod, moving raptor in cage mod, sling plastics, chad h code, TRex topper, spotlight reflectors, touch up paint, papo trees, apron cards, apron card holders, pop bumpers, new pinballs, target decals.
I haven't decided, but I may also get more dinos and trees, the dino egg mod, side blades, and/or the goat mod. I will see how much room I have.

What did you use for scoop lights?
I am in the process of shopping mine now. It was a nasty beast but luckily under all that dirt, she was very clean.

#4967 5 years ago

Guys, I realize the topper light deflector is not available. Can someone tell me how long it is? I am going to make a metal piece myself.

Thanks!

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

What did you use for scoop lights?
I am in the process of shopping mine now. It was a nasty beast but luckily under all that dirt, she was very clean.

content://media/external/file/681

https://loopcombo.com/products/jurassic-park-scoop-light-set

Screenshot_2019-01-25-08-17-36 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-25-08-17-36 (resized).png
#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Guys, I realize the topper light deflector is not available. Can someone tell me how long it is? I am going to make a metal piece myself.
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/82#post-4161300

#4970 5 years ago

Does anyone have a "feed t-rex" decal, or know where i can get one?

20190125_103536 (resized).jpg20190125_103536 (resized).jpg
#4971 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have a "feed t-rex" decal, or know where i can get one?
[quoted image]

Bay Area Amusements have this for $5 under part number DC-820-6030-03.

#4972 5 years ago
Quoted from wanderer:

Bay Area Amusements have this for $5 under part number DC-820-6030-03.

You are awesome! Thank you.

#4973 5 years ago

@Daditude, looks like you're doing it up right! I need to get my a$s in gear and bring mine back to life. Does anyone know if the gate mod will be offered for a long while yet? I realize that some mods are limited runs but the were a ton of JP produced.

#4974 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Daditude, looks like you're doing it up right! I need to get my a$s in gear and bring mine back to life. Does anyone know if the gate mod will be offered for a long while yet? I realize that some mods are limited runs but the were a ton of JP produced.

Last I heardd tim was focusing on his career and less on pinball. I see his store is still functioning though, so hes not completely out.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Last I heardd tim was focusing on his career and less on pinball. I see his store is still functioning though, so hes not completely out.

Maybe I should snap a few mods up then. I just seem to be years away from putting mine back together

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Daditude, looks like you're doing it up right! I need to get my a$s in gear and bring mine back to life. Does anyone know if the gate mod will be offered for a long while yet? I realize that some mods are limited runs but the were a ton of JP produced.

Tim makes them 10 at a time. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday, and he is in the process of making 10 right now...including mine!

I would recommend calling or emailing him though. Im not sure how many are spoken for already.

#4977 5 years ago

dnaman

I have started a JP mod thread with my machine (for anyone interested).

Here is the link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-tojurassic-park-a-dinomite-mod

I wrote a couple of blurbs and have some pics, but it is an evolving project, obviously.

In it, I make the assertion that jurassic park would likely be a top 5-10 pinball if just a few changes were made. One of the top changes is the gate. It is small and cheap looking. The modded one DRASTICALLY improves the look of the pin.

#4978 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

dnaman
I have started a JP mod thread with my machine (for anyone interested).
Here is the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-tojurassic-park-a-dinomite-mod

Thanks for sharing! I will be watching your progress as well

#4979 5 years ago

Hey guys! I am in the process of clearing out my mod parts inventory so once parts are gone I will be discontinuing mods and closing out the business. I am focusing on a new business venture and between that, my 9-5 and family, the mod business is just too much and something has to give. I'd like to sincerely thank all of you that have supported me! JP was always one of my favorite games and I'm glad I was able to help make it better for some of you.

I am currently working on 1 last batch of 10 functioning gate mods. Static gates have been discontinued. Smart Scoop Lights have been discontinued. I have a a few static raptor crates and small raptor crates left and will make one last run of moving raptor crates. I have some dock signs and t-rex scoop lights.

#4980 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Hey guys! I am in the process of clearing out my mod parts inventory so once parts are gone I will be discontinuing mods and closing out the business. I am focusing on a new business venture and between that, my 9-5 and family, the mod business is just too much and something has to give. I'd like to sincerely thank all of you that have supported me! JP was always one of my favorite games and I'm glad I was able to help make it better for some of you.
I am currently working on 1 last batch of 10 functioning gate mods. Static gates have been discontinued. Smart Scoop Lights have been discontinued. I have a a few static raptor crates and small raptor crates left and will make one last run of moving raptor crates. I have some dock signs and t-rex scoop lights.

#4981 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

THANKS FOR THE MANY YOU HAVE MADE IN THE PAST!! I HAVE MINE AND LOVE IT

#4982 5 years ago

Ive wanted a moving gate, I just havent ever gotten enough funds in my pinball account to pull the trigger. I have a static gate from another guy, its works fine. The moving one is super cool though. Now maybe never....

#4983 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Not sure I would personally do it, but any considerations for making available the files for those with 3D printers? Maybe set up a patreon page where people cab donate to get access?

Also, perhaps someone like mezelmods would manufacture them and give you a cut? If you've got a proven product, there's probably a path forward where you can still earn from it, and make it available, even if you don't want to be directly involved in production.

#4984 5 years ago

Not sure I would personally do it, but any considerations for making available the files for those with 3D printers? Maybe set up a patreon page where people cab donate to get access?
Also, perhaps someone like mezelmods would manufacture them and give you a cut? If you've got a proven product, there's probably a path forward where you can still earn from it, and make it available, even if you don't want to be directly involved in production.

Yes. Please do this.

#4985 5 years ago

Just picked up 1 each of all his mods but bummed I missed out on the smart scoops...

#4986 5 years ago

There is so much more to the mod than just the 3D files.

If enough demand is there in the future, I may consider making another run but for now I need to focus on my new business.

#4987 5 years ago

Has anyone used the Titan star posts in JP? I've decided to just replace all the star posts since there aren't that many but have never used the ones from Titan.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=81

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Just picked up 1 each of all his mods but bummed I missed out on the smart scoops...

I think I bought every single one of his mods

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Has anyone used the Titan star posts in JP? I've decided to just replace all the star posts since there aren't that many but have never used the ones from Titan.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=81

Yeah I used these in mine, I have the orange slings, so I used orange posts and rubber. They look great and no issue with them.

There is a picture in this post. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/24#post-2758271

#4990 5 years ago

I agree with this. I would hate to see these mods go away. Some
of the best out there. Good luck with your future business.

#4991 5 years ago

Hope someday someone makes side blades for JP with

Helipad and waterfall , visitors center, electric gates

Normal bleu sky and no black dino's

The ones available just dont rock my boat

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah I used these in mine, I have the orange slings, so I used orange posts and rubber. They look great and no issue with them.

Thanks, great advice. Thinking about getting the blue posts and blue rubbers to go with the blue sling plastics.

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I am currently working on 1 last batch of 10 functioning gate mods.

A sad day to hear this but understand the need to focus on other things.

I have just secured a moving gate, this morning. Thank you for all that you have done for the JP community.

#4994 5 years ago

are the small PCBs in the scoop lite mod custom or off the shelf?

#4995 5 years ago

I thought I would post this in the club thread first. If this should be in the tech thread let me know.

Ok, I have sent out the original CPU and PPB for check/repair. The raptor pit coil had locked on. In the mean time, I have installed Rottendog boards and replaced the coil. All seemed Ok after a couple of games. Put the plastics back on and started a game. I noticed that the left sling was firing when ever the pops, raptor, kickoff, and TRex fire. The right sling is not affected. Diagnostics did not show any issues. I have reset all connects on the PPB and CPU. I my be incorrectly reading the switch matrix, as it doesn't seem that all of these do not have a common row or column (correct?). I have not found any loose or disconnected wires. Everything else seems to work as it should except for the left sling firing as mentioned above.

Anyone have any suggestion of what I should look at?

Thanks,
Phil

Update: I posted this question on the tech forum so if you have any input please post there so there is only one thread. Thanks Phil

#4996 5 years ago

Stated the tear down and cleaning process. Waiting on a few new parts to come in as well.

JP 1.JPGJP 1.JPG
JP 2.JPGJP 2.JPG
JP Rubber Kit.jpgJP Rubber Kit.jpg
Also, here is a photo of the rubber kit that I got from PRW (I saw someone comment earlier about what rubbers to get for JP). I have never had an issue with their sizing or quantities. In fact, they usually give you a few extra rubbers in their kits.

472210E0-BE19-4A2F-B178-DC52258BDA38.jpeg472210E0-BE19-4A2F-B178-DC52258BDA38.jpeg
Gotta include my shop helper

#4997 5 years ago

So, mid-way through ball 2 today, I hear something firing that shouldn't be. Put the ball in the scoop to start a mode and it shoots it right back at me. Get it cradled and pop open the coin door. Sure enough, left scoop is firing. However, it is firing to the beat of the music (I think it was the end of Stampede). That mode finishes and things are seemingly back to normal until the knocker starts firing during the current mode.

I have unresolved issues with the flashers that are listed in parallel with knocker, left scoop and ball release. (Data East L/R deal). So, should I be looking at the Q39-46 transistors? I saw an old thread about unwanted coils firing but no replies or solutions.

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Stated the tear down and cleaning process. Waiting on a few new parts to come in as well.

Unique slingshot plastics?

#4999 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Unique slingshot plastics?

Those are just the standard orange sling plastics. I did order the blue ones though, I think they look better with all the other plastics.

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

So, mid-way through ball 2 today, I hear something firing that shouldn't be. Put the ball in the scoop to start a mode and it shoots it right back at me. Get it cradled and pop open the coin door. Sure enough, left scoop is firing. However, it is firing to the beat of the music (I think it was the end of Stampede). That mode finishes and things are seemingly back to normal until the knocker starts firing during the current mode.
I have unresolved issues with the flashers that are listed in parallel with knocker, left scoop and ball release. (Data East L/R deal). So, should I be looking at the Q39-46 transistors? I saw an old thread about unwanted coils firing but no replies or solutions.

Have you probed the switch drives and returns on CN8 and CN10? Verify the drive pins are all pulsing and verify the returns have voltage present as well. If that checks good reconnect CN8 and CN10, disconnect CN11, CN12, CN9 and then go back into active switch test and try every switch to see if they are shorting multiple switches when one is pressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/100?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.