Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 143.
#451 4 years ago

Question about diodes for ball trough -
I was having intermittent registering of all 6 balls, and now it is always missing one. The problem is clearly one of the microswitches, so I will change it out along with another one that was replaced by a prior owner, but is not quite the right one. I will use new diodes, but I cannot find the diode type for those - can anyone tell me what diode to get? Thanks for your help!

#452 4 years ago

Just did the do-it-yourself version of the mod. Really appreciate Rock914 posting all the pics and details that made it possible. One additional thing I did was extend the backing up by a couple inches and ran another row of LEDs to light the Dinosaur sign. image.jpg

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just did the do-it-yourself version of the mod. Really appreciate Rock914 posting all the pics and details that made it possible. One additional thing I did was extend the backing up by a couple inches and ran another row of LEDs to light the Dinosaur sign. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Outstanding! Very nicely done.

I need to make a video showing what i did with the upper section as pics would not describe it. Fyi to all who ordered the acrylics from me they are in and will start shipping Tuesday. I will need your paypal email to send you an invoice. Those of you who ordered the total package those will be done later as i get time to make them. I will invoice only when i am ready to ship.

Thanks
Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Renouart:

I was having intermittent registering of all 6 balls, and now it is always missing one. The problem is clearly one of the microswitches, so I will change it out along with another one that was replaced by a prior owner, but is not quite the right one. I will use new diodes, but I cannot find the diode type for those - can anyone tell me what diode to get? Thanks for your help!

1n4001

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Renouart said:

1n4001

Rock914 - thanks. Looking forward to getting my JP back on line and looking sharp with your acrylic backing.

#456 4 years ago

I brought a piece of Perspex from ebay and did this myself with a strip of led's very cool mod, I never noticed that plastic before!

After.JPG
#457 4 years ago

Here is a video of what i did. I made tgis for total user control, color, speed, modes, ect.. in the video it is set on a medium 7 color fade i think.

#459 4 years ago

Yep, same legs.

#460 4 years ago

This game needs a color DMD bad. Who is working on the colorization?

#461 4 years ago

I've contacted ColorDMD about it and they just got back to me. I haven't started yet but will update this thread if I do actual get started on it.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No one, ColorDMD does not support DE System 3. SmartDMD supports this with 4 colors.

#463 4 years ago

I sent them an email volunteering my services. They replied and actually have interest. They will get back to me when they are ready to proceed. This was last Friday. Crossing fingers!!

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I sent them an email volunteering my services. They replied and actually have interest. They will get back to me when they are ready to proceed. This was last Friday. Crossing fingers!!

This is GREAT! Good work man!

I really feel like that open animation with John hammmond and the visitors center would look sooo nice in color. It looks like a blob right now.

Super pumped to hear this. Finger crossed indeed!

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Maybe we can do a little divide and conquer on this as I have volunteered as well.

#466 4 years ago

Why do i have trouble with the easiest thing? How do I fix this? The cliffy is all the way on, no gaps, no movement. I pulled the scoop/subway to see if I could adjust it but no go. Any ideas?

image.jpg

#467 4 years ago

Why do i have trouble with the easiest thing? How do I fix this? The cliffy is all the way on, no gaps, no movement. I pulled the scoop/subway to see if I could adjust it but no go. Any ideas?
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The scoop assembly is supposed to be unscrewed from underneath, moved back a bit to where you have to make new holes when screwing it back in.

There are directions on the Cliffy site:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/jp.htm

#468 4 years ago

I read that, i wasnt sure If I was supposed to make a new hole or not. Thanks

#469 4 years ago

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I had to relocate the screw holes for mine. When I pulled it off, it looked like someone had screwed it in wrong at some point.

#470 4 years ago

Got it all sorted...played a few games, all good. Thanks for the confirmation of making a new hole. I was kind of afraid to do it.

Really digging this game so far. Its perfect for my collection. Really mixes the gameplay up from my others.

#471 4 years ago

Can some one explain to me what the deal is with the raptor running across the screen mid ball and you have to pull the trigger a bunch of times to shoot it? Why does that happen and what is the reward for shooting it?

Also what the heck is said during the match sequence? "Oh, T-rex get him!"? Such a weird accent, almost sounds like stewie griffin lol.

#472 4 years ago

Can some one explain to me what the deal is with the raptor running across the screen mid ball and you have to pull the trigger a bunch of times to shoot it? Why does that happen and what is the reward for shooting it?

It's a sort of random video mode, and you get something like 3m points.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It's a sort of random video mode, and you get something like 3m points.

Weird....

I shoot the hell out of him, and he explodes, but I never see any indication of a reward. I will watch closer, thanks.

#474 4 years ago

Weird....
I shoot the hell out of him, and he explodes, but I never see any indication of a reward. I will watch closer, thanks.

There is no indication, though I believe ChadH is fixing that.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There is no indication, though I believe ChadH is fixing that.

Nice....cant wait for the update. Would be sweet for the modes not to always start on stampede.

GO GO GO GO GO GO

#476 4 years ago

Recently added the Loop Combo scoop mods and made a East Dock sign.

RussM

IMG_5841.JPG IMG_5842.JPG IMG_5843.JPG IMG_5844.JPG IMG_5850.JPG
#477 4 years ago

I put the loop combo mod on my last night too...love that mod. Seems like such a simple thing that should have been done in the first place. That dock sign is SICK! I have all the files, I just need to make mine. Did you use foam core board or something?

#478 4 years ago

Printed out the graphics on Avery decal paper, stuck it to foam core, cut out with Exacto, and glued to a Popsicle stick painted white, then the stick gorilla-glued to a small metal bracket.

Not difficult.

RussM

#479 4 years ago

I love the dock sign, very nice job.

I used to have the files but don't know where they went. If/when I can ever get my JP up and running to even install my Loop Combo mod, I'll have to make a dock sign. Priority one is getting the darn game to run though. lol

#480 4 years ago

I'm glad you guys like my mod. I don't get a lot of feedback so it's nice to read

Your game is looking great Russ. I dig the East Dock sign!

2 weeks later
#481 4 years ago

Working on a new gate mod.

IMG_7294.JPG

#482 4 years ago

Go ahead and take my money!

#483 4 years ago

Go ahead and take my money!

I'm working out a few small details, but I should have them ready to sell next week.

#484 4 years ago

Wow, that looks excellent!

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I'm working out a few small details, but I should have them ready to sell next week.

Do the leds flicker like a torch? Do they tie into the game like the torches already on the current gate?

#486 4 years ago

That looks very nice

#487 4 years ago

Do the leds flicker like a torch? Do they tie into the game like the torches already on the current gate?

They don't flicker, but they do connect to the same power that lights the current gate.

#488 4 years ago

The gates are now available! Please PM me for payment details if you're interested in one. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19676

IMG_7299.JPG

#491 4 years ago

I wonder can you incorporate flame type effect using specific LEDs into that new gate mod ? Would like to see a video in action .. Do the doors swing open or are they stationary ?

#492 4 years ago

The doors are stationary.
I don't know of any flickering leds. It's a cool idea, but I wonder if it would look like blinking lights. Right now they go on and off just like the original gate lights. If you know of some flickering leds, please send me a link.
Thanks!

#493 4 years ago

Goodtobedad, did you want to partner on this, work out a deal. Here are the fire pots I use for WOZ. We can work a deal to sell through our international website. I also have 3d printing capability.

#494 4 years ago

yay Mezels. If you can get the partnership going, time to ship to Australia (again!)

#495 4 years ago

Hey im having issues with the trough switch from the power shed. I can trigger it from underneath, but a ball will not trigger it normally. I tried to loosen it and move it up a bit, but that did nothing. Any tips? I was going nuts not being able to get the S in CHAOS to get the 6 ball...finally figured out why.

#496 4 years ago

Ug...I'm guessing there would be no way to retro fit for fire pots at each KED location and I'd have to buy another if I wanted it

But might be too flashy and detract from the T-rex?

#497 4 years ago

Hey im having issues with the trough switch from the power shed. I can trigger it from underneath, but a ball will not trigger it normally. I tried to loosen it and move it up a bit, but that did nothing. Any tips? I was going nuts not being able to get the S in CHAOS to get the 6 ball...finally figured out why.

I had similar trouble with mine. I think it would bounce over the switch sometimes. I bent the switch actuator upward so the ball would be more likely to hit it, but the downside was that a slow ball entering the power shed would not have enough momentum to roll over it and would get stuck. So it took some adjusting to find a position that would be reliable but not too high to hang up the ball.

The other thing you could try is to bend the actuator so that it bulges downward into the microswitch, requiring a lot less movement to trigger it. Some switches I've come across require a lot of movement so doing this really helps.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I had similar trouble with mine. I think it would bounce over the switch sometimes. I bent the switch actuator upward so the ball would be more likely to hit it, but the downside was that a slow ball entering the power shed would not have enough momentum to roll over it and would get stuck. So it took some adjusting to find a position that would be reliable but not too high to hang up the ball.
The other thing you could try is to bend the actuator so that it bulges downward into the microswitch, requiring a lot less movement to trigger it. Some switches I've come across require a lot of movement so doing this really helps.

OK, cool. I was figuring bending it would help. Im going to play with it when I get time. MAN was it frustrating not being able to get the S....I was pulling my hair out because I thought I was doing something wrong.

#499 4 years ago

image.jpg

Looking good.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Looking good.

T-Rex, raptors, egg, gate, scoop signs.... show off!

I've got... um... Cliffy's...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Paul, MN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside