IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Data East / JP Ball Trough fix (#7) [Video] Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #98 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer [External Article] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #138 Ball not entering gate at pop bumpers Posted by accidental (9 years ago)

Post #159 Creation Of Jurassic Park’s CGI Dinos [Article / Video] Posted by blondetall (9 years ago)

Post #162 Link to Loop Combo Scoop Mod Thread Posted by InfiniteLives (9 years ago)

Post #182 Link to CRT Mod Thead Posted by CraZyMuffin (9 years ago)

Post #209 Custom Apron Cards Posted by Pinballocks (9 years ago)

Post #322 Playfield Back Wood-Block acrylic mod Posted by smerff (9 years ago)

Post #357 Switch Matrix / Random No Target Scoring Bug Posted by ChadH (9 years ago)

Post #374 Link to Shaker Problem Thread Posted by aobrien5 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 10,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 203.
#1 10 years ago

I didn't see a Jurassic park club and I just picked up this game two days ago and thought it would be a great place to share tips, mods, and information about the game.

I'm digging the game a lot and find it real tough.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-348.jpgimage-348.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I'm planning adding a couple spotlights to mine. Next to my DM, the playfield seems pretty dark. I had Cliffy's, but I took off the Control Room one because I was sick of constant rejections. How are you liking your?

#3 10 years ago

Mine came with LEDs all along the sides of the playfield and in the slings. Blues and Greens which really make the game pop. I have the cliffys which I need to install.

I really like the game and find it tough. I haven't come close to the System Failure, but I'm digging a lot of the modes.

I'm having two issues. Every once in a while when the ball comes out of the control room, it shoots the ball straight down the middle (seems like when the shaker motor is engaged).

The other issue is the remote battery holder. I replaced the batteries with new batteries when I got the game on saturday and today it was reverting back to factory settings this morning. I replaced the batteries again and its working for the time being but I think it's the holder.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 10 years ago

thanks for the link. I've got to get some of the inner cabinet art, it really looks great.

#6 10 years ago

I've only had mine for a few weeks. My best so far is around 350,000,000. Trying to take down scores that were set when the game was on 5-ball (I set it to 3).

It's a cool game with a lot of strategy....especially when factoring in the "smart missile". When to use that makes ALL the difference.

Can't wait for Chad's new code to come out.....should make a good game even better.

#7 10 years ago

I usually use the smart missile right after I hit the jackpot to take care of chaos and get the 6 ball multiball going.

250 million is my top score. Not easy and some modes don't score a lot of points.

#8 10 years ago

Congrats on the pickup! Did anything leave the collection to make room?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

I usually use the smart missile right after I hit the jackpot to take care of chaos and get the 6 ball multiball going.
250 million is my top score. Not easy and some modes don't score a lot of points.

That's not a smart move...wait until you fail on spelling CHAOS the first time yourself, and when you get down to one ball immediately fire the missle. You'll still get the 6 ball multiball at that point, but if you succeed with that first CHAOS on your own you can use the missle for the 2nd Chaos, which opens up the 50 million shot at t-rex...oooooorrrrr save it for the super jackpots after the t-rex shot if you can!!!!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's not a smart move...wait until you fail on spelling CHAOS the first time yourself, and when you get down to one ball immediately fire the missle. You'll still get the 6 ball multiball at that point, but if you succeed with that first CHAOS on your own you can use the missle for the 2nd Chaos, which opens up the 50 million shot at t-rex...oooooorrrrr save it for the super jackpots after the t-rex shot if you can!!!!

thanks for the tip...I will try that next time.

#11 10 years ago

Its by far my favourite DE game - owned LW3 and SW - such similar sounds used in all of them. I'm keeping this one though due to the theme and strategy - and to wait for the code update!
Some pics of mine form the other thread.
JP friends 2.jpgJP friends 2.jpgJP friends.jpgJP friends.jpg

#12 10 years ago

agree damn tough game, average around 200-300 mil, that top loop shoot is a killer more than once around would be good, power shed is pot luck

dendoc your seem to missing a post sleeve

#13 10 years ago

I only have two games JP and Williams IJ everyone picks the IJ as their favorite but I love JP great game and nice pace.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

dendoc your seem to missing a post sleeve

Yes, was doing a bit of a shop and mod fix. It's now in place, thanks.
Need a Dino egg for the egg shot.

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

Just joined the club! Got a nice egg on mind when I bought it.

Anybody know who sells the light domes on the top of the back box?

#16 10 years ago

They are in very short supply at the moment. Searched quite a few of the regular offenders but they were all sold out.

#17 10 years ago

Figures, thanks. One is broken but all the pieces are still there so it looks fine.

#18 10 years ago

So I don't have to look it up, can someone tell me the point system for shooting the dino when he passes across the screen mid ball (not the one at ball launch)? I can usually blow him up, but wondered if you get more if you shoot him earlier than later.

#19 10 years ago

Looking for ideas for a mod to replace the "Shoot T-Rex" sign. It just seems out of place. Is there a toy jeep like the one they flee the T-Rex in?

#20 10 years ago

My first pin still enjoy playing it. Since I bought in October of last year they start to multiply picked up a high speed two months later and ordered a Star Trek pro last week. Ole lady says I can't buy anymore till after the wedding.that's a year and a half. Then it will be go time,little does she know the gift money is mine for a pin I'm high jacking that lol

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

My first pin still enjoy playing it. Since I bought in October of last year they start to multiply picked up a High Speed two months later and ordered a Star Trek pro last week. Ole lady says I can't buy anymore till after the wedding.that's a year and a half. Then it will be go time,little does she know the gift money is mine for a pin I'm high jacking that lol

Oh, man....Get that in writing.

#22 10 years ago

I'll just tell here for registry she can scan every thing I get the card box . I do have a question for you guys. Random slam tilts? And my T. Rex picks ball up but doesn't swallow it drops 90% of time almost like he isn't going far enough back any thoughts I read some post about adjusting up switch but pretty new to this not really sure how and it really is hard to get at

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I'll just tell here for registry she can scan every thing I get the card box .

I'm pretty generous with my husband regarding the pinball purchases but even I wouldn't have gone for that

Does anyone know what the call out that happens right after the ball fires actually is? I hear "upper rex" every time and I know that can't be it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from carmour:

I'm pretty generous with my husband regarding the pinball purchases but even I wouldn't have gone for that
Does anyone know what the call out that happens right after the ball fires actually is? I hear "upper rex" every time and I know that can't be it.

Yeah I said that to her this morning she said absolutely not

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yeah I said that to her this morning she said absolutely not

It was worth a try! Haha

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from carmour:

If you make the skill shot and hit the dino on the DMD, the call out is "Thumpers ready." Thumpers being the jets/pop bumpers/thumpers. (They apparently used to be called thumper bumpers.) It means that since you got the skill shot, the score is increased for the hits in the jet. If you don't make the skill shot, you won't hear it or get the higher scores.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

If you make the skill shot and hit the dino on the DMD, the call out is "Thumpers ready." Thumpers being the jets/pop bumpers/thumpers. (They apparently used to be called thumper bumpers.) It means that since you got the skill shot, the score is increased for the hits in the jet. If you don't make the skill shot, you won't hear it or get the higher scores.

THANK YOU! I was way off. Haha.

#28 10 years ago

Got a JP a few months back and thought I had everything working as it should until today.... T-Rex's mouth stopped closing. When I pulled it apart I found the coil plunger and the linkage that goes to his jaw laying an the base and the spring was below the playfield in the ball trough.

So.. does anybody know what hardware is used to attach T-REX's mouth to the linkage. Also the linkage has a lot of wear and almost looks like a piece is broken?

DSC_0587.JPGDSC_0587.JPG

DSC_0591.JPGDSC_0591.JPG

#29 10 years ago

I am an owner once removed....(my dad has one). This game really took me by surprise. I can't wait to play it again and help him with some mods. My brother is getting a 3D printer and the ideas are already churning for this game.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from warpin:

Got a JP a few months back and thought I had everything working as it should until today.... T-Rex's mouth stopped closing. When I pulled it apart I found the coil plunger and the linkage that goes to his jaw laying an the base and the spring was below the playfield in the ball trough.
So.. does anybody know what hardware is used to attach T-REX's mouth to the linkage. Also the linkage has a lot of wear and almost looks like a piece is broken?

DSC_0587.JPG 153 KB

DSC_0591.JPG 94 KB

It doesn't look broken to me. That little nub is supposed to stick into the hole there in the side of the jaw. The jaw might just have had too much lateral play and the hook nub came out. You can use small washers as spacers to tighten up the lateral movement in the jaw.

Here's an example of a stripped down T-REX (with a different jaw, but same principle) for my mod I'm working on:

http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201311/1247531/154049.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Thanks for the info winteriscoming, your mod looks like quite the project! Please share the pics when it is complete!

I can't seem to get that tab through the hole, the tab does not seem long enough, and where the tab should be angled (?) or start to angle it appears worn or missing? I was going to bend the tab to get it through the hole but it just does not seem right?

DSC_0600.JPGDSC_0600.JPG

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from warpin:

Thanks for the info winteriscoming, your mod looks like quite the project! Please share the pics when it is complete!
I can't seem to get that tab through the hole, the tab does not seem long enough, and where the tab should be angled (?) or start to angle it appears worn or missing? I was going to bend the tab to get it through the hole but it just does not seem right?

DSC_0600.JPG 46 KB

Take a pic from the side. It's hard to tell, but it may be worn down too much. It doesn't stick out much further than the width of the metal in the jaw for me. If your bending doesn't seem to fix it, or if you can't figure out another fix, there are replacement T-REX links available. They aren't cheap, though: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=579

If you've got access to a welder or know someone who does, a bit could probably be welded onto it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Take a pic from the side. It's hard to tell, but it may be worn down too much. It doesn't stick out much further than the width of the metal in the jaw for me. If your bending doesn't seem to fix it, or if you can't figure out another fix, there are replacement T-REX links available. They aren't cheap, though: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=579
If you've got access to a welder or know someone who does, a bit could probably be welded onto it.

I have not tried to bend it yet, wanted to know what it is supposed to look like before bending or modifying. It just does not appear there is enough "meat" currently on the tab that it would be a solid repair by just bending it. But I will find out soon. Thanks again winteriscoming!

DSC_0602.JPGDSC_0602.JPG

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from warpin:

I have not tried to bend it yet, wanted to know what it is supposed to look like before bending or modifying. It just does not appear there is enough "meat" currently on the tab that it would be a solid repair by just bending it. But I will find out soon. Thanks again winteriscoming!

DSC_0602.JPG 24 KB

Yeah, it's definitely broken. Sorry, couldn't tell in the earlier pictures. The nub should be sticking out more at a right angle. You might get away with bending it out some more, but you'll end up shortening the jaw movement slightly, so I'm not sure if that would keep it from picking up the ball. You may need to file some of the top away to get a longer tab that you can bend down. I don't have mine apart at the moment, or I'd get some pics for you.

#35 10 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with a dent in the trough preventing the ball from rolling into the last trough switch? I often have to shake the machine after draining to register that the ball is over. Any ideas for fixing this?
1395950183504.jpg1395950183504.jpg

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone else have a problem with a dent in the trough preventing the ball from rolling into the last trough switch?

We occasionally have that issue also. Sometimes just using the flippers will cause it to recognize the drain...other times require a little nudge.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

Mine came with LEDs all along the sides of the playfield and in the slings. Blues and Greens which really make the game pop. I have the cliffys which I need to install.
I really like the game and find it tough. I haven't come close to the System Failure, but I'm digging a lot of the modes.
I'm having two issues. Every once in a while when the ball comes out of the control room, it shoots the ball straight down the middle (seems like when the shaker motor is engaged).
The other issue is the remote battery holder. I replaced the batteries with new batteries when I got the game on saturday and today it was reverting back to factory settings this morning. I replaced the batteries again and its working for the time being but I think it's the holder.

The good news is, you can take those LEDs out and replace them with decent bulbs for practically no cost.

image.jpg 186 KB

#38 10 years ago

You have to pull the metal trough out of the game and file the dents smooth.

RussMyers

Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone else have a problem with a dent in the trough preventing the ball from rolling into the last trough switch? I often have to shake the machine after draining to register that the ball is over. Any ideas for fixing this?

1395950183504.jpg 132 KB

#39 10 years ago

Two things. Filing the dents out of the trough didn't seem to help, so wtf? Now I'm going to try putting washers between the playfield and trough to increase the slope and hope extra gravity helps.

Second. I know a problem is that control room shots can bounce over the switch. Has anyone tried putting a little foam pad on the bottom of that trough to help stop the bouncing? Any other tips for preventing that?

#40 10 years ago

Anyone have a JP for sale in SoCal? Thanks Mike Paris

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Two things. Filing the dents out of the trough didn't seem to help, so wtf? Now I'm going to try putting washers between the playfield and trough to increase the slope and hope extra gravity helps.
Second. I know a problem is that control room shots can bounce over the switch. Has anyone tried putting a little foam pad on the bottom of that trough to help stop the bouncing? Any other tips for preventing that?

It doesn't bounce over...if it's not registering it's a bad switch/connection to switch.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It doesn't bounce over...if it's not registering it's a bad switch/connection to switch.

Ohhhhh. OK then.

#43 10 years ago

What are the symptoms of failure? Most of the time it's the 'ready to launch' switch that's not working correctly, not a trough switch. It's located on the right side of the ejector that shoots the ball into the shooter lane, if that's misadjusted you will see issues like balls not being ejected properly and you have to wait for the ball search to kick in and shoot the 'missed' ball out into the playfield.

My guess is that would be your problem, not the trough issue.

#44 10 years ago

This is my problem.

IMAG0572.jpgIMAG0572.jpg

You can see the ball isn't rolling all the way onto the switch.

#45 10 years ago

That metal is pretty stout, wonder how it happened? Might have to replace it or try to bend it back, or maybe jb weld it flat as a temp fix?

#46 10 years ago

I had a similar problem and just replaced the switch.

#47 10 years ago

Replacing the switch fixed it? Cool. I'll try that.

#48 9 years ago

If you wanted to go that route, just bend that switch about halfway in to get it to contact, but also make sure the ball can roll over it when fully compressed. I assume the only issue you have is on a slow rolling last ball?

#49 9 years ago

It doesn't seem to be adjustment because I have bent it up/down to no avail. Its really intermittent, not always a slow roller. You can't see in the picture but the arm is sitting on the micro switch, but the switch is not depressing.

#50 9 years ago

Can you hear the switch make closure, normally you can hear a soft click when it does. If that's intermittent, then yes, you need a new switch. Sorry, I thought you had already confirmed that your switch is in working order, I assume sometimes...bad habit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
There are 10,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.