(Topic ID: 157949)

Jurassic park burning up leds

By PinballHog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've had several LED bulbs start to smoke and burn out. They don't burn out in test mode. They are burning out in game play. I used all non ghosting led's under the playfield and reg led's for all the gi lighting. I know on one of the non ghosting bulbs that keeps getting to hot that if I put a ghosting led in it it will not burn up. I'm using some of Pinball Life's & Comet led's. I'm wondering if JP you can't use the non ghosting bulbs? Also I checked if all the bulbs that are burning out are in the same column or row and they aren't they are all over the Matrix. A lot of the led's I'm using are Pinball Life's older flat top non ghosting led's but I'm also mixing in some of the newer ones Terry sells the non ghosting with the dome top and some of the comet non ghosting with the dome top which look just like the Pinball Life bulbs. Do you have any ideas for me to check? By the way the game had just old iridescent bulbs in it before I started working on it. They weren't burning out like this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Buy the way I just leded the machine tonight, and no gi ghosting bulbs are burning out just the bulbs in the Matrix and all of them are non ghosting.

#5 7 years ago

What should it be like 6 V?

#7 7 years ago

On testing the bulbs, I know on gi lighting you set your meter to AC and then touch each post to get your 6v reading. On the lights in the matrix do you keep your meter on AC or DC and ground to the ground strip in the cabinet and touch the red to either of the post on the light socket? Should I test it when the light is lit or off? Should both post read 6v? Let me know if this is right or wrong. Thanks for your help.

#12 7 years ago

Got it fixed guys. It was a transitor that was out. Games working great. Thanks for all the help and advise.

#15 7 years ago

What I did was unplugged both plugs that controls the lights in the matrix. I took a lamp socket with an old bulb and I jumped it to the pins. I started with pin 1 connected to pin 1 then I moved to pin 1 connected to pin 2 then pin 3 and all the way down to 8. Then I went to pin 2 connected to pin 1, 2, 3, all the way to 8. Then pin 3 to pin 1, 2, 3 all the way to 8. I went through all 8 x 8 matrix. Every time I would get to pin 4 (yellow/black wire) the bulb would be extra bright. So I knew there was somthing wrong with somthing in that 4th column. I then took the board off and started testing with my meter the transistors first. When I got to the 4th one up from the bottom, which was the one that was in line with the 4th pin (the bad pin) the transistor tested bad. I replaced it and boom it was fixed. Hope this helps someone else that might have this problem. Thanks again for all the help from you guys and of coarse Lloyd who has also been there to help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-burning-up-leds?tu=PinballHog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.