2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tait316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Ok so a little while ago my Jurassic Park went down and narrowed it down to the power supply. Now mind you before this everything was functioning in the game. I got a new Xpin power supply, the cpu booted up fine, ready to go....hit start and the ball doesn't come out of the trough. When I hit the flipper buttons it also make the solenoid in the raptor pit go off but not the flippers themselves. Tested all the playfield switches in the test menu and all the switches in the trough. I thought that maybe there was something disconnected that would cause a problem with the switch matrix but I've looked and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from XPinPinball:

Probably not the power supply on this. The coil voltages are just passed through the power supply before going on to the PPB, but then you also have the Flipper board to contend with because of the switch wiring when the flipper switch is hit as well.
So my question would be, what made you think it was the power supply? Did the fuse blow?

I wasn't getting the right voltage to the main board and it wasn't going through the boot process. Before I put the new board in it wouldn't even do the T-Rex test.

Quoted from phishrace:

Run solenoid test. If most all are firing, make sure they're firing in the correct order by looking at the coil chart in the manual. Also watch for more than one coil firing when only one should.

I went into the test menu and tried to test the coils. I couldn't activate any of them until I got to coil#11 which is the GI Relay. After that I was able to fire the coils for the slings...the jets...ect.

#5 2 years ago

Oh my god...things are worse. I didn't think about checking the playfield power board and upon doing so I discovered there was a blown fuse @f5 which is the power for the flippers...great.. I replaced the fuse and then the fuse for f9 blew. I replaced that one which is another 5A fuse....turn it on...watching to see what happens and all of the sudden smoke starts rolling out of the raptor pit. I'm waiting for the plastic to cool down so I can take it off and look at the coil. What the hell is going on here? For a guy whos only had Gottlieb, Bally and Williams games I don't know why this one is being so problematic.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Closely inspect the power supply board. Check the fuse clips for corrosion or discoloration. If you see any corrosion or discoloration, remove the fuse and push on the clip lightly with a finger to make sure it's strong. Nothing broke or discolored? Check connectors CN1 and CN2 for burnt pins. Still ok? Disconnect all connectors on PS board except CN1 and CN2, power up and test voltages at the test points on top of the board.
If the PS board fails any of this, it needs to be rebuilt (new fuse clips for sure) or replaced with an aftermarket board. They should be available and are reasonably priced.

Quoted from BleacherBum:

Not sure about your initial problem but, if the raptor coil cooked p, Q4 on the driver board probably blew and will need replaced. You should also check the pre-transistor and resistor. Hopefully this did not feed back to the CPU

Thanks for the help guys. That will get me started. ^_^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tait316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-being-weird?tu=tait316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.