New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190818)

Jurassic Park Apron Question

By SirScott

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Meloyelo51
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

square_thing (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Does anyone know what this is on my JP apron? Here are the things that I know about it:

1. It is square
2. It is filled with some kind of gooey/goopy material (almost like melted plastic)
3. Looking at pictures on IPDB, there doesn't appear to be anything missing here (and seems to be factory?)
4. There is nothing on the underside of the apron in this area
5. It is only partially covered by the lockdown bar
6. It serves no purpose as far as I can tell, other than to get crap all over your hands/fingers

square_thing (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Rubber pad ( decrepit ) to rest the playfield against the backbox ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Wouldnt it resolidify at some point?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Wouldnt it resolidify at some point?

Melted crap usually doesn't. Got chemicals on it, or breaking down with age.

#5 3 years ago

Strange that it is now a liquid goo and not some brittle solid (if old and dried out). I am not sure that I want to touch it anymore.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I am not sure that I want to touch it anymore.

You've probably had your hands in worse crap by now. Clean it, scrape it, get it off. Before it attacks the plastic underneath.

#7 3 years ago

Did you touch it scott? I cant get it off my hands! (I guess i should try washing them instead of wiping them on my pants though)

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Does anyone know what this is on my JP apron? Here are the things that I know about it:
1. It is square
2. It is filled with some kind of gooey/goopy material (almost like melted plastic)
3. Looking at pictures on IPDB, there doesn't appear to be anything missing here (and seems to be factory?)
4. There is nothing on the underside of the apron in this area
5. It is only partially covered by the lockdown bar
6. It serves no purpose as far as I can tell, other than to get crap all over your hands/fingers

Mine has this too. Never knew what it was for but it is annoying

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Did you touch it scott?

Not yet, but I want to be in the I-Touched-That-Icky-Stuff-On-DE-Aprons Club, so I probably will when I get home.

3 weeks later
#10 3 years ago

I just checked mine. It's a little pad missing. My original theory was that it kept the glass from rubbing/getting scratched by the apron, but it's not quite that tall. I think you're pad is gone and you're just left with the adhesive residue.

You can see it in my video @ about :43

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside