Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dsmoke1986
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8110 (resized).JPG
    Tom-Brady-Patriots-receive-sixth-Super-Bowl-rings (resized).jpg
    head (resized).jpg
    71bles8xqKL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg
    17535_331083592754_4400754_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200309_175058 (resized).jpg
    5b740515be1c78e8d6370e5bcf8a051a (resized).jpg
    3rqrea (resized).jpg
    JP GOAT-aid (resized).jpg
    20200302_142757 (resized).jpg

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 4 years ago

Elwin and crew has simply mashed it out of the park

Pure genius on code allowing us to work back on the Escape from Nebular mode

How do you improve on that Elwin?

You set the bar so F ing high I’m wondering if it’s possible to top it? Lol

#2 4 years ago

It’s a good pin but didn’t click with our home so we sold it. I wouldn’t call it a GOAT. The right flipper is so crucial to hit shots for progressing, but you have no way to reliably feed the right flipper other than a tight edge of the flipper shot from left flipper to heli wireform. Also wanted more Jurassic park elements in the theme.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s a good pin but didn’t click with our home so we sold it. I wouldn’t call it a GOAT. The right flipper is so crucial to hit shots for progressing, but you have no way to reliably feed the right flipper other than a tight edge of the flipper shot from left flipper to heli wireform. Also wanted more Jurassic park elements in the theme.

I realize you bailed early Honda. Your mistake

And your loss but hey, to each his own

The masses have spoken

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I realize you bailed early Honda. Your mistake
    And your loss but hey, to each his own
    The masses have spoken

Not a mistake or loss by any means. You presume to know what is best for my family?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not a mistake or loss by any means. You presume to know what is best for my family?

I don’t really care Honda.

And yes you lose by selling JP especially based on the lineup. Patience

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Post pass or bounce pass it over.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t really care Honda.
    And yes you lose by selling JP especially based on the lineup. Patience

I lost nothing. Pinball machines are personal preference. I sell machines that no one in my house is playing.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I lost nothing. Pinball machines are personal preference. I sell machines that no one in my house is playing.

Ok move on. Keep selling what you have then. Lol

Based on what’s left I’m not interested in your opinion

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ok move on. Keep selling what you have then. Lol

I’m just ruffling your feathers you’re a good dude. :p Lots of people love JP I know.

#10 4 years ago

To answer the question - No.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I like it.

I like maiden a lot more though.

#12 4 years ago

Really like JP, but folks start sharpening their machetes when you throw out GOAT around here.

Will say this title solidified Elwin as my favorite new designer- period.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like it.

I concur with the Crazy guy ...

Maidens Shadow and Dredd loops kill it! Loop those mothers!

JP is a sweet game though! The O orbit is a bit tight ... and the flipper post takes a beating!

rd

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I
    ... and the flipper post takes a beating!
    rd

and than again : from experience, how good/bad is the idea to simply remove the post and let the flipper edge taking all shocks !?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

How do you improve on that

JP in name only. Pay up and include the movie quotes/callouts/scenes/actors and the iconic movie vehicles.

#16 4 years ago

The best game ever! Now I hope Elwin do Jaws.

#17 4 years ago

KME's JJP will win 2020 Twipy for Game of the year.

Well deserved from what I have read.

I will be enjoying some of this during the Twips at 7am down under.

Thinking about The Goat, You beaut mate !

20200302_142757 (resized).jpg20200302_142757 (resized).jpg
    #18 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I've heard alot of good things on this one from Pinsiders I respect....gotta find one to play and give it a whirl.....

#19 4 years ago

LOL , how can it be the GOAT , when we all know JJP Pirates took that title..
    Just kidding, tho , I could vote Pirates that way. It is actually cool how some of the new pins are raising the bar for pin game play. I am watching how Elvira evolves and I must say I am impressed so far. Each .01 of code release is providing a significant amount of “goodness”. I am glad you like JP, somewhere down the road , I will get one.

#20 4 years ago

I think it's a great game , Keith's best , but it's not the Goat . In my opinion I like Elvira a lot more but that's fine , everyone's allowed their own opinion . It's like asking what movie is the best ever , everyone will have a different opinion depending on what they like . Ice Man just be happy someone made a pin you love and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat to agree with you .

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ok move on. I’m not interested in your opinion

Don't ask the question if you're not interested in other people's opinions .

#22 4 years ago

I played one at the Pinball Hall of fame. Didn't click for me. I prefer my DE JP

#23 4 years ago

I see Icey has been drinking again.

Wasn’t Munsters the GOAT a few months ago for him?

Whatever is newest it seems.

#24 4 years ago

I love reading icemans posts. Hes like a WWE wrestler that comes in after the match is over just to hit everyone with the chair, lol. Not even being sarcastic, I enjoy it.

Im in Louisville currently for the expo and will be taking home a Jurassic Park at the end of the show, its epic! That said pinball is obviously very much personal preference, and my Metallica will always be #1 in my heart, as it is what got me into pinball (I got in very late to the pinball scene), and is the only game I can definitively say is bolted to the floor in my humble little 2 pin collection.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I think it's a great game , Keith's best , but it's not the Goat . In my opinion I like Elvira a lot more but that's fine , everyone's allowed their own opinion . It's like asking what movie is the best ever , everyone will have a different opinion depending on what they like . Ice Man just be happy someone made a pin you love and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat to agree with you .

Elvira is almost better, and will be once Lyman finishes the code. JP is nowhere near GOAT status. A fine game, but not the best by any stretch. Heck, I prefer ACNC over it too (flame suit on).

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Elvira is almost better, and will be once Lyman finishes the code. JP is nowhere near GOAT status. A fine game, but not the best by any stretch. Heck, I prefer ACNC over it too (flame suit on).

I dont think a flame suit is needed. Literally anything can be someones personal GOAT game, except for Thunderbirds, that game is the corona virus.

#27 4 years ago

It's a great game, but not the GOAT.

#28 4 years ago

All Time Greatest Of All Time?

Acronym better.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Acronym better.

This makes it even better. Its like RIP in peace.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Acronym better.

What you've done with Rick and Morty kicks it out of the park , in my opinion .

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Acronym better.

I think rick and morty has potential to be the greatest of all GOAT.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like it.

i have a question....... how dare you?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think rick and morty has potential to be the greatest of all GOAT.

Agree with this.

#34 4 years ago

I've Played Rick and Morty extensively. While it’s fun...It’s not the GOAT and can’t hold JP’s jockstrap. Let’s not talk crazy.

#35 4 years ago

Goat, or it includes a goat ?

Had it for few months , l but no more goat for me

#36 4 years ago

Nah.

Call outs are nowhere near GOAT status.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I've Played Rick and Morty extensively. While it’s fun...It’s not the GOAT and can’t hold JP’s jockstrap. Let’s not talk crazy.

Sounds like you have been watching too many episodes of Ball Fondlers! I owned JP and had to sell it to raise cash. JP is a great shooting generic dinosaur pin IMHO. Theme & theme integration is very important to me (I have to love it) so R&M was an insta buy for me as I absolutely love the show and the game.

People like different things and that’s a good thing...

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

You have to keep in mind that JP2 is currently at completed 1.0 software and R&M is at beta code stage essentially. I think R&M certainly has the potential to be the best ever but we will have to wait and see. JP2 is the smoother shooter and has better rules currently but R&M has the better theme integration, sound and light show. I think when all is said and done both games will be too 5 of the past decade.

#39 4 years ago

VERY cool game, very innovative for sure! Especially the code where you can choose your path, getting chased by the T-rex, etc. IMO it's too early to call it the GOAT but it's definitely a contender

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aetos:

Now I hope Elwin do Jaws.

JP2 is Jaws! Ask Stern...

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

JP2 is Jaws! Ask Stern...

huh?

#42 4 years ago

Jurassic Park is a fantastic game. I have really enjoyed it (particularly the Premium/LE models) and I think it is one of the best shooting, most interesting, and magical pins. I have always wanted a Theatre of Magic as that is my favorite game but if I had to pick one or the other, I would go with JP.

I think people get too hung up on the movie IP. This is a game that is set in the world of Jurassic Park. People have to get over this.

To each their own.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like it.

Oh hell no Levi. Maiden came and went

JP layout much better

But two great pins to start with for Elwin

#44 4 years ago

And Elvira is getting right up there too!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Oh hell no Levi. Maiden came and went
    JP layout much better
    But two great pins to start with for Elwin

Gotta agree with The Nayman here. I enjoy both games, but definitely prefer IMDN at this point.

And "all time Greatest of All Time"?!

C'mon iceman ...

#46 4 years ago

JP is the best game ever IMHO. I have also wondered if it's "possible to top it". I sure hope so!

#47 4 years ago

Not even close. I don't even want to play the thing again let alone look at it.

Well, you asked.

But, it is a relatively modern theme for this company.

#48 4 years ago

I own an original AFM--considered one of the top 3--and IJ is my favorite pin of all time. But I also have a JPLE, and while it may not be widely considered the GOAT today, I think it will certainly be considered a contender for that title for years to come. It's really the complete game (and you don't even notice the hokey callouts after a while...).

Now...the greatest game with a GOAT in it? Yep...it wins, hands down.

#49 4 years ago

What's with all these antagonistic threads from Iceman lately?

#50 4 years ago
    3rqrea (resized).jpg3rqrea (resized).jpg
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-all-time-goat?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.