Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dsmoke1986
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8110 (resized).JPG
    Tom-Brady-Patriots-receive-sixth-Super-Bowl-rings (resized).jpg
    head (resized).jpg
    71bles8xqKL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg
    17535_331083592754_4400754_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200309_175058 (resized).jpg
    5b740515be1c78e8d6370e5bcf8a051a (resized).jpg
    3rqrea (resized).jpg
    JP GOAT-aid (resized).jpg
    20200302_142757 (resized).jpg
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Oh hell no Levi. Maiden came and went
    JP layout much better
    But two great pins to start with for Elwin

I respect your opinion Ice but you shit the bed moving Maiden

#102 4 years ago

It’s a fun game and better than many recent releases. But greatest? Cmon get serious.

#103 4 years ago

It's a killer game to play, but I like the flow and feel of IMDN better. Both games don't integrate theme well, and it's pretty tough to integrate a band as there isn't much of a story. Motley Crue would probably be a band that you could get a story out of...

Creature has the best theme integration in all of pinball IMHO. Hobbit does a great job too, even if the gameplay is odd.

Best balance of theme and play is TZ. Great sounds, modes etc. that mix well with the music. Great gameplay and shots, and the powerball puts it over the top.

My two bits.

#104 4 years ago

I think JP2 has the best goat noises out of any game ever made. The goat noises make me laugh everytime I play the game.

Fantastic to see people loving and enjoying all their games. JP2 definitely will end up being a great game. Only time will tell how great. For me for a game to be great I have to keep going back to it for years.

#105 4 years ago

The machine is amazing!! Just picked up a new Feb build premium. Playfield is real nice!! This is one of the best pins in my collection if not the best!! Good theme and a ton of fun to play. Very challenging and satisfying shots!!

#106 4 years ago

JP is def one of sterns best games, if not the best and one of the best out there old or new. Iron Maiden would be right up there too if the band Iron Maiden didn’t bring it down.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

JP is def one of sterns best games, if not the best and one of the best out there old or new. Iron Maiden would be right up there too if the band Iron Maiden didn’t bring it down.

Not a Maiden fan myself but not sure how it brings it down. I actually LOVE the music for a pinball machine. I wont be purchasing any concert tickets, but its a brilliant game with great music. It all works well. Also, that damn artwork knocks it out of the park, amazing.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Not a Maiden fan myself but not sure how it brings it down....

It hurts it a bit because the music is so awful, but the call outs are great. Met is still an all time with its crap.

#109 4 years ago

I agree with you guys, it’s easier to get Into a JP thème than Iron Maiden for a non fan of both theme

#110 4 years ago

This thread needs a Poll .

#111 4 years ago

Jurassic Park may be your GOAT, but it might not be everyone's GOAT. I am typing this next to my JP Pro and absolutely love it, but let me tell you where it falls short. I would also like to say that saying anything negative about this game is like complaining about your date with Ms. Universe because although you sealed the deal she showed up 5 minutes late. JP is a fantastic and deep game, but very difficult to understand the rules from an amature's perspective. I have family coming over later this month who will play on my pins, but I can barely wrap my head around the rules on this myself. Shoot the white targets to light the map, shoot the left ramp, to start the next paddock if you're not already in a mode, shoot the rescue targets, shoot the set trap targets, shoot the helicopter shot, shoot the yellow flashing target if it's not already in a mode, repeat. Compare that to my other games... Taxi: shoot the flashing standup targets until jackpot is lit. Whirlwind: Shoot the flashing cardinal directions until lock is flashing... follows the shooting the blinking lights rule. ST:TNG: Shoot the center scoop then shoot the flashing lights. Jurassic Park has flashing lights all the time and it is 100% not clear what to do.

JP is a potential GOAT for the home market, but to a casual I am guessing that it will not be the GOAT. It's kind of like the Simpsons in that the theme is great and the rules are deep, but unless you know what you are doingg you are just going to flail around for a while.

10/10 love JP (Whirlwind's better!)

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Not a Maiden fan myself but not sure how it brings it down. I actually LOVE the music for a pinball machine. I wont be purchasing any concert tickets, but its a brilliant game with great music. It all works well. Also, that damn artwork knocks it out of the park, amazing.

Simply from a music perspective. It's so terrible. Call outs and art are great though

#113 4 years ago

Jurassic Park premium is awesome and certainly a worthy candidate for GOAT
    So many great pinnies around, this hobby is thriving, good times indeed

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

... I like the flow and feel of IMDN better. Both games don't integrate theme well, and it's pretty tough to integrate a band as there isn't much of a story ...

IMDN is great. Id say it's based on the video game, not necessarily the band. The premise, art, battles and animations are spot on. Stern could have provided more explanation to motivate the story, but it's nice the way it is.

"With each battle, players will evolve their armies, take on ever ­increasing challenges to reclaim the facets of Eddie’s soul, and ultimately defeat the Agents of Control."

#115 4 years ago

What does it mean to call a game a goat?

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

What does it mean to call a game a goat?

GOAT = greatest of all time.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

GOAT = greatest of all time.

Oh. That’s dumb. There will never be a pin that is greatest of all time. Too many varieties, themes and personal preference. Enough of this nonsense.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh. That’s dumb. There will never be a pin that is greatest of all time. Too many varieties, themes and personal preference. Enough of this nonsense.

I agree, but I just assume it was meant to be a fun thread. Just last week iceman was talking about how little he plays JP since he got Stranger Things. I just take it with a grain of salt personally, but you are correct. There is no such thing as a definitive greatest of all time, since there is no way to actually measure it. Like you said, personal preference.

#119 4 years ago

I was about to buy the LE and played the crap out of a pro. It just didn't grab me no matter how hard I tried. The Newman character just seemed oddly put on the playfield and nothing really made me feel like I was immersed in the Jurassic Park world. Cool Dinosaur game though. I ultimately dropped cash on Elvira LE and don't regret it one bit. Huge hit in my family.

#120 4 years ago

For me, it's the GOAT, and belongs in that conversation with games like TWD, JJPPOTC, Tron, AFM, MM, IJ, ACDC, etc...

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

For me, it's the GOAT, and belongs in that conversation with games like TWD, JJPPOTC, Tron, AFM, MM, IJ, ACDC, etc...

Thanks for making my point.......never will be a single game that is greatest

#122 4 years ago

What about Elvira? Is It even close to be a GOAT? Just wondering as lyman is Still my favorite programmer

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What about Elvira? Is It even close to be a GOAT? Just wondering as lyman is Still my favorite programmer

It's pretty awesome, although there are a couple (totally minor) playfield issues (both of which are solved), and the code isn't as far along as JP. Also missing that 3rd flipper But the theme integration and the rules even so far are great

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

I respect your opinion Ice but you shit the bed moving Maiden

I loved the game, spent more time fixing the sarco mech and captive ball tweaks it had to go

Might pick it back up later

JP is still better layout and code wise

#125 4 years ago

Well Lyman is putting up another masterpiece and it could be the “fan factor” GOAT

#126 4 years ago

If you base goat on sales it's the Addam's family

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I loved the game, spent more time fixing the sarco mech and captive ball tweaks it had to go
    Might pick it back up later
    JP is still better layout and code wise

Well, JP has twice as much code than Maiden according to Keith.

There is another code update coming for Maiden that hopefully will make a superb game even better!

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, JP has twice as much code than Maiden according to Keith.
    There is another code update coming for Maiden that hopefully will make a superb game even better!

Rick Naegle code IMDN too? JP is loaded deep

Trex toy is phenomenal, raptor pen, unique ramp shots, awesome layout

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Rick Naegle code IMDN too? JP is loaded deep
    Trex toy is phenomenal, raptor pen, unique ramp shots, awesome layout

Yup.

And Keith's rules.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

... and the next "GOAT" in line.

#131 4 years ago

got to play the pro this weekend, def one of the best ive seen from stern in a long time. just wondering is the premium that much better for the price?

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

... and the next "GOAT" in line.

Technically all time greatest of all time

#133 4 years ago

That generic dinosaur game will never be the GOAT. Too funny.......

#134 4 years ago

JP is a great game but the lack of custom callouts from one of the themes actors and too many flat plastics / bare metal with stickers (helicopter toy) versus 3D molds hold it back from being a GOAT pin. Those are some of the reasons I would pick a game like GB over JP. With that being said I'm still interested in picking one up down the road.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JP is a great game but the lack of custom callouts from one of the themes actors and too many flat plastics / bare metal with stickers (helicopter toy) versus 3D molds hold it back from being a GOAT pin. Those are some of the reasons I would pick a game like GB over JP. With that being said I'm still interested in picking one up down the road.

Your criticisms of JP are woefully superficial. GB over JP? Bad taste!

I have no idea if it's GOAT, but it's the most satisfying game I've ever owned/played (despite it's difficulty).

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

got to play the pro this weekend, def one of the best ive seen from stern in a long time. just wondering is the premium that much better for the price?

Yes. T-Rex and raptor cage both rock.

#136 4 years ago

It seems people are arguing over semantics in this thread and it's quite amusing. Without objectively measurable criteria, it's not possible to have an objectively greatest pinball of all time. It's like saying the best painting of all time is "X." Obviously someone saying that would mean their opinion/experience says so. It seems clear to me people are using goat to mean their favorite and the fact that this ruffles so many feathers is making me chuckle.

#137 4 years ago

What about LCD theme intégration? I guess It is too early to say as this is usually not the part that is well packaged at first glance.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Braindance:

It seems people are arguing over semantics in this thread and it's quite amusing. Without objectively measurable criteria, it's not possible to have an objectively greatest pinball of all time. It's like saying the best painting of all time is "X." Obviously someone saying that would mean their opinion/experience says so. It seems clear to me people are using goat to mean their favorite and the fact that this ruffles so many feathers is making me chuckle.

These are the favorite discussions to any pinball fans.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

played the crap out of a pro

There’s your problem right there. PRELe is next level.

Pro is still good because this layout is pure genius, but PreLe brings in the best interactive toy in pinball. The animatronic Dinosaur head alone is GOAT.

#140 4 years ago

These are the favorite discussions to any pinball fans.

I agree, just saying no reason to get upset when someone disagrees.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Braindance:

It's like saying the best painting of all time is "X."

There's no debate on that one .

IMG_20200309_175058 (resized).jpgIMG_20200309_175058 (resized).jpg
    #142 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Jurassic Park may be your GOAT, but it might not be everyone's GOAT. I am typing this next to my JP Pro and absolutely love it, but let me tell you where it falls short. I would also like to say that saying anything negative about this game is like complaining about your date with Ms. Universe because although you sealed the deal she showed up 5 minutes late. JP is a fantastic and deep game, but very difficult to understand the rules from an amature's perspective. I have family coming over later this month who will play on my pins, but I can barely wrap my head around the rules on this myself. Shoot the white targets to light the map, shoot the left ramp, to start the next paddock if you're not already in a mode, shoot the rescue targets, shoot the set trap targets, shoot the helicopter shot, shoot the yellow flashing target if it's not already in a mode, repeat. Compare that to my other games... Taxi: shoot the flashing standup targets until jackpot is lit. Whirlwind: Shoot the flashing cardinal directions until lock is flashing... follows the shooting the blinking lights rule. ST:TNG: Shoot the center scoop then shoot the flashing lights. Jurassic Park has flashing lights all the time and it is 100% not clear what to do.
    JP is a potential GOAT for the home market, but to a casual I am guessing that it will not be the GOAT. It's kind of like the Simpsons in that the theme is great and the rules are deep, but unless you know what you are doingg you are just going to flail around for a while.
    10/10 love JP (Whirlwind's better!)

I get what you are saying, but JP actually does a great job of layering the rules so there is some easy to understand, fairly clear objectives for beginners. Hit the truck a couple times and the T-Rex will very clearly want to be hit on the left ramp, boom, multiball in 3 shots. If they missed the hurry-up to start the multi, no problem. Repeat the process and they will get another cool T-Rex mode. See that raptor? Hit it a bunch of times for a different multiball (5-6 shots?). The first paddock mode will probably start at some point for them...hit one rescue, one set trap target, and whatever shot is now flashing green and you captured a dino (three shots...a beginner isn't likely to get to enough paddocks for them to increase in complexity..it's a brilliant build). Any of those things alone will make a beginner very happy, and just those three things alone are every bit as deep as Taxi or WW. Not to mention if they really want to see something cool...start Escape Nublar Challenge for them. It's a whole additional game with rules of it's own that are on par with a Sys11. Bonus is there is a TON more game to learn as skills increase. It really does have something for everyone. Yes, there are deep rules that aren't super obvious. Yes, there are some tough shots. But the quick stuff for beginners to do is easy to understand, and only require the easy shots (truck, left ramp) to start.

Back to the original post...I do think it is my GOAT game. But no game will be the greatest to everyone. For example I really do not see the big deal with MM, TAF, or TZ. Yes...all good games that I enjoy playing, but none of them would hit my personal top 10 list (heck...probably not top 25 even). Thankfully we have so much to choose from to match our tastes. JP definitely hits my best games list, and some days it's at the very top.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hit the truck a couple times and the T-Rex will very clearly want to be hit on the left ramp, boom, multiball in 3 shots.

This may be true on the Premium/LE, but it is not apparent on the Pro as the T-REX doesn't move.

Agree with all your other points though. I love having a deep game with lots to do. Maybe the Premium/LE does a better job with easier to understand objectives with the raptor gate and the T-TREX.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

This may be true on the Premium/LE, but it is not apparent on the Pro as the T-REX doesn't move.
    Agree with all your other points though. I love having a deep game with lots to do. Maybe the Premium/LE does a better job with easier to understand objectives with the raptor gate and the T-TREX.

I do not own a prem/LE and have only played a handful of games on one. Mine is a pro, and the lighting, flashers, and display+sound do not leave any room for doubt about what to shoot when that hurry-up is active for multiball.

#145 4 years ago
    17535_331083592754_4400754_n (resized).jpg17535_331083592754_4400754_n (resized).jpg
    #146 4 years ago

Every time I see a JP2, I can't get this picture out of my head.

71bles8xqKL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg71bles8xqKL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

There’s your problem right there. PRELe is next level.
    Pro is still good because this layout is pure genius, but PreLe brings in the best interactive toy in pinball. The animatronic Dinosaur head alone is GOAT.

Data East thanks you for your words citizen.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Data East thanks you for your words citizen.

https://imgur.com/gallery/JW02B

No comparison really.

head (resized).jpghead (resized).jpg
    #149 4 years ago

I (or you?) Cant compare the ingenuity of a Trex that eats the ball that was created 30+ years ago?

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

JP in name only. Pay up and include the movie quotes/callouts/scenes/actors and the iconic movie vehicles.

Agreed. This pin needs the Cleland treatment. He fixed TWD and Guardians. His talents are needed again.

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-all-time-goat/page/3?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.