Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 463 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by briyau15
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9834 (resized).jpeg
    RenderedImage (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9726 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7752881_0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8669 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8673 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8668 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8666 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 2 years ago

Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary "JP30", could Stern release this next year ? With the final installment of Jurassic World this summer, Jurassic park hits 30th Anniversary next year. in 2023.. Perhaps an anniversary pin by Stern or a re-theme to Jurassic World possible ?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary "JP30", could Stern release this next year ? With the final installment of Jurassic World this summer, Jurassic park hits 30th Anniversary next year. in 2023.. Perhaps an anniversary pin by Stern or a re-theme to Jurassic World possible ?

I think with Stern recently releasing Jurassic Park, and then the home pin just coming out, and on top of that the existing DE Jurassic Park...no. I'd say no. To much dinosaur.

1 year later
    #3 8 months ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

After i googled for more info on stern's jurassic park 30th anniversary machine i saw this post from long ago.
    Good prediction!

Celebrating soon!
    https://fb.watch/msCGqiGdO3/
    https://twitter.com/sternpinball/status/1691812032683597887
    jp30 (resized).pngjp30 (resized).png

#4 8 months ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

The Winnah! mrclean

#5 8 months ago
    Quoted from Admin:

The Winnah! mrclean

so does anyone know what this will be? it's ood to me to make another jurassic park just as they are running an existing JP.
    is this going to be like a JP LE version 2? something like they did with Elvira or another JP game? or like they did with james bond and a completely different game? a remake of a previous JP.

#6 8 months ago

I heard it will have real dinosaur DNA under the playfield clear coat.

#7 8 months ago

Maniac227 wins Pinsider of the Month for searching to see if a thread exists before starting one. In this case he uncovered a cool bit of soothsaying.

#8 8 months ago

The end is near this hobby is officially F'd!

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

The end is near this hobby is officially F'd!

Now is a great time to sit on the sidelines and observe. The only money I'm spending is on restoring some project games I had squirreled away.

#10 8 months ago

Just got the e-mail from Game Exchange. 500 units rebadged LE. Well, Stern finally did it. They ruined the LE mystique with a rerun. Just slap an anniversary on it and make more LE's. A new precedent has been set.

#11 8 months ago

Looks like a pretty standard LE and sterns just capitalizing on new price structure.

93C84B32-44E7-48C7-B8BA-C07C9D211937 (resized).jpeg93C84B32-44E7-48C7-B8BA-C07C9D211937 (resized).jpeg
    #12 8 months ago

#13 8 months ago

New art, new backglass, insider connected.

New price point

That's not enough to get me interested...but I am curious to see if the re-do any of the movie clips/assets.

#14 8 months ago

New art is pretty cool. I like that a dinosaur instead of a jeep is at the center of the action. Much prefer the new armor color too. If I had an LE I'd be a little bummed they didn't go with this art the first time around, but not $13k bummed. Will just keep enjoying my premium.

Basically it's "oops we didn't make enough of these." Ruby red JPLE?

#15 8 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

New art, new backglass, insider connected.
    New price point
    That's not enough to get me interested...but I am curious to see if the re-do any of the movie clips/assets.

They will not do any movie clips even though that would sell a ton more games.

They can paint Dinosaurs on the cabinet and backglass all day, but with no actors or assets in the code except Nedry, I am going to keep my third party movie code game all day long.

#16 8 months ago

Jurassic Park is my favorite game of all time and this release corrects the awful art (especially that LE art - terrible). I'm all in on this one. As for the code, not sure why you can't just install older code that has the injected movie assets (developed by a really smart pinsider ; )

Seriously though - you should be able to install the older movie code with no issue unless stern has changed something I'm not aware of.

#17 8 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm all in on this one.

and its dopey guys like you that keep stern laughing all the way to the bank!

#18 8 months ago

what is the mrsp of this one?

If its 20K they should have made less than 500, 200 like Elvira would’ve been more exclusive.

It’ll sell out fast though I think, its a very wanted game.

#19 8 months ago

#20 8 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic Park is my favorite game of all time and this release corrects the awful art (especially that LE art - terrible). I'm all in on this one. As for the code, not sure why you can't just install older code that has the injected movie assets (developed by a really smart pinsider ; )
    Seriously though - you should be able to install the older movie code with no issue unless stern has changed something I'm not aware of.

The playfield art is the worst part, and I doubt that is going to change.

Also, that movie code Pinsider has abandoned the project and has asked that nobody distributes it any longer. I believe Stern actively went after him to do this. So, it's somewhat out of dates and harder to get now.

#22 8 months ago

They should sell the backglass and side art as an upgrade package. I would pay $1000 for that. I have too many mods on my machine to start over.

#23 8 months ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

They should sell the backglass and side art as an upgrade package. I would pay $1000 for that. I have too many mods on my machine to start over.

Why would they do that and lose out on the other 12k?

#24 8 months ago
    Quoted from Duster72:

They should sell the backglass and side art as an upgrade package.

They will never sell side art as an upgrade. Few people are competent/qualified to replace it. Would be a customer service nightmare for both Stern and distros.

And to my knowledge they've never sold translites or backglasses individually, although they did include alternate translites with some runs of Tron and BM66.

#25 8 months ago

I had a premium and loved it, played the crap out of it. One of the very few pins I regret selling, so this is mega awesome for me. Ordered!

#26 8 months ago

Won't sway me (I've owned it twice... great game) but it is the best looking of the JP packages.

#27 8 months ago
    Quoted from apessino:

I had a premium and loved it, played the crap out of it. One of the very few pins I regret selling, so this is mega awesome for me. Ordered!

ORDER-ed….I see what you did there

#28 8 months ago

Looks like stern jumped the dinosaur I mean shark.

IMG_7519 (resized).pngIMG_7519 (resized).png
    #29 8 months ago

Seriously, at this point why do any of us buy LE’s anymore? They certainly aren’t “limited”

#30 8 months ago

It's the one modern game I always regretted not buying when it came out...love playing it on location...alot of cheese though....

#31 8 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's the one modern game I always regretted not buying when it came out...love playing it on location...alot of cheese though....

Not as much cheese as some of the used old LEs are asking for tho

#32 8 months ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Seriously, at this point why do any of us buy LE’s anymore?

None of us have had any idea why you have been doing it...for a long time.

#33 8 months ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

Yep the only people that should be bummed out are the ones that paid 15k plus for a used LE. More is to come with this release that will make all JP owners happy not just the new LE buyers.

#35 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

None of us have had any idea why you have been doing it...for a long time.

Munsters was my first… and it looks like Bond will be my last. I think I bought 5 nib.

#36 8 months ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

True, Pinbud!

#37 8 months ago

The cabinet art is badass.

No way in hell I'd ever pay $13K. Maybe $8K ...MAYBE....

#38 8 months ago
    Quoted from smassa:

More is to come with this release that will make all JP owners happy not just the new LE buyers.

Like?

#39 8 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

curious to see if the re-do any of the movie clips/assets.

Not a chance in hell, that would cost way too much money. This is a quick price grab and additional cost would defeat the purpose.

#40 8 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The cabinet art is badass.
    No way in hell I'd ever pay $13K. Maybe $8K ...MAYBE....

Is the dinosaur on the backglass going to a beauty pageant or something? What the hell us up with the sash that it's wearing?

#41 8 months ago

Well, if somebody misses out on this one, please don’t worry because you’ll have another opportunity in five years with the 35th anniversary edition that Stern will release with better art.

#42 8 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Well, if somebody misses out on this one, please don’t worry because you’ll have another opportunity in five years with the 35th anniversary edition that Stern will release with better art.

And they can do Stranger Things 10 year anniversary in 3 years to coincide with when the final season is actually released.

#43 8 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

True. However the 40th will be the one to buy!

#44 8 months ago

Thanks for resurrecting my thread…I can tell you my crystal ball sees a Back To The Jurassic Jaws in Sterns future.

#45 8 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Just got the e-mail from Game Exchange. 500 units rebadged LE. Well, Stern finally did it. They ruined the LE mystique with a rerun. Just slap an anniversary on it and make more LE's. A new precedent has been set.

Curious to see if whales boot their existing LE to make room for JP Ruby Slipper Edition and how that effects resale prices of original LEs.

#46 8 months ago

Very happy with my Premium. I still feel like it has the best art package. Too much muddy tan on this backglass. Anybody that buys this probably wipes with $20 bills. Congrats I guess. You're probably the wasabi ice cream guy in The Big Short....

#47 8 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Very happy with my Premium. I still feel like it has the best art package. Too much muddy tan on this backglass. Anybody that buys this probably wipes with $20 bills. Congrats I guess. You're probably the wasabi ice cream guy in The Big Short....

Only peasants wipe with 20’s!!!! Bengi’s or bust!!!!

#48 8 months ago

Looks great.

#49 8 months ago

Feels like money grab city to me. Deja Vu-feels like JJP releasing a 'Ruby Red' money grab edition after green 'limited' version -goes to show if you put lipstick on anything-it will sell. If I wanted a Premo(Pro plays better) with lipstick I would buy a premo and send it to Steve and save a couple grand-30 years-meh

#50 8 months ago

Calling it here first, like Stern isn’t going to release a 70th anniversary Godzilla next year

There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-jp30-1993-2023-jurassic-world-retheme?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.