Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 463 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by briyau15
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9834 (resized).jpeg
    RenderedImage (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9726 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7752881_0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8669 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8673 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8668 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8666 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 10 months ago

Paid in Full and awaiting this BMFr!

#302 10 months ago

Ha ,I forgot I was on in the thread already .Hoping later in the week Seeing the real pics is just awesome .Really exited with our new lineup .

#303 10 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyCage:

leaning towards the premium to save some cash.

This would be what I would do.

#304 10 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Just curious... Since Stern is still making JP Premiums as well as disti's selling them around the $9500 range, what is it that made you choose the 30th over the premium, even though it's about 3-4K higher? I'm looking at both options for my home collection but seem to be leaning towards the premium to save some cash.

There is ,and will be 30-40 prems for sale at all times .I really like the art package on the 30th and it will command top tier pricing in trades and trading is King moving forward .

#305 10 months ago

I think the artwork and colors are cool

#306 10 months ago

Just arrived! Unfortunately will have to unbox and set up tomorrow but can’t wait to play.

#307 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never ceases to amaze me how eager people are to embarrass themselves around here.
    JP30 has probably been in the works for a year.
    And yes, I'm saying it's literally impossible that they came up with this in the three weeks since Venom "flopped." If you think otherwise, you are likely...uhh...not too sharp.

Strawman argument Levi. That’s not the man’s point of view. Love your posts usually, but you are the one embarrassing yourself. Stern has done this in the past on more than one occasion. They have their remakes standing by when a new title’s initial sales and interest fall flat. If there was more buzz around Venom, Stern probably holds off on JP30 a little while longer.

#308 10 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Strawman argument Levi. That’s not the man’s point of view. Love your posts usually, but you are the one embarrassing yourself. Stern has done this in the past on more than one occasion. They have their remakes standing by when a new title’s initial sales and interest fall flat. If there was more buzz around Venom, Stern probably holds off on JP30 a little while longer.

So JP 31st ?

#309 10 months ago

I’ve always wanted a JP ,it’s one of those that just never happened .I was shocked to see this ,as everyone else was (minus reddit dude) .At todays pricing ,this is a absolute steal and let’s face it ,prices may flatten ,but they’re not going down .GFCE 15k ,TS4CE 15k ,SDCE 10k ,Venom LE 13k ,Space HunTah 11k .Yeah ,JP30LE sounds real good to me at 13k .A deal I couldn’t refuse

#310 10 months ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve always wanted a JP ,it’s one of those that just never happened .I was shocked to see this ,as everyone else was (minus reddit dude) .At todays pricing ,this is a absolute steal and let’s face it ,prices may flatten ,but they’re not going down .GFCE 15k ,TS4CE 15k ,SDCE 10k ,Venom LE 13k ,Space HunTah 11k .Yeah ,JP30LE sounds real good to me at 13k .A deal I couldn’t refuse

It’s a beautiful game in person, I’m loving the look and feel of it. The build quality seems better than the Pre I bought in 2019, maybe from years of refining the manufacturing process.

#311 10 months ago
    Quoted from dts:

It’s a beautiful game in person, I’m loving the look and feel of it. The build quality seems better than the Pre I bought in 2019, maybe from years of refining the manufacturing process.

Ours is landing next Friday .We can’t wait Best thing is like GZ ,you can keep it for years and years as they have so much in it to explore and really fun to shoot .They seem the best 2 pins ever made to me .

#312 10 months ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Just arrived! Unfortunate will have to unbox and set up tomorrow but can’t wait.[quoted image]

I’d edit your photo to be just the photo of the game, not your camera roll

If you’re a JP fan, love the Stern game, and have the funds, the 30th is a good choice. Can’t see them making ANOTHER limited version to diminish its value, haha

#313 10 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I’d edit your photo to be just the photo of the game, not your camera roll
    If you’re a JP fan, love the Stern game, and have the funds, the 30th is a good choice. Can’t see them making ANOTHER limited version to diminish its value, haha

Ah crap, thanks for the heads up, ha ha. I just deleted it so will post a better pic once it’s added to the game room.

#314 10 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Can’t see them making ANOTHER limited version to diminish its value, haha

I'm sure that's what many people thought after JJP made the 2nd "Limited Edition" of WOZ. Until the 3rd "Limited Edition" of WOZ was released. Haha.

#315 10 months ago

It's so bad ass. Love the art on this one.

20230830_185533 (resized).jpg20230830_185533 (resized).jpg20230901_112454 (resized).jpg20230901_112454 (resized).jpgIMG_20230830_173734_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230830_173734_01 (resized).jpg
    #316 10 months ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everyone knows the game itself but damn that pin looks incredible now that the home pics are coming out .Can’t wait until next Friday .

#317 10 months ago

At least your’s works!!! Mine arrived today and doesn’t work. Power to the main box and other places under the playfield, but nothing on the screen, no lights on playfield, no back box lights, no sound. Unbelievable how a $14,000 game isn’t tested before it leaves!!!

71526966459__A33A2876-7472-447F-B35D-ED14E79983F4 (resized).jpeg71526966459__A33A2876-7472-447F-B35D-ED14E79983F4 (resized).jpeg71529542957__39DF976E-B194-4913-9E00-591A0C1F8DD5 (resized).jpeg71529542957__39DF976E-B194-4913-9E00-591A0C1F8DD5 (resized).jpeg
    #318 10 months ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

At least your’s works!!! Mine arrived today and doesn’t work. Power to the main box and other places under the playfield, but nothing on the screen, no lights on playfield, no back box lights, no sound. Unbelievable how a $14,000 game isn’t tested before it leaves!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s not good. I just unboxed mine and have it placed in the room but didn’t even try powering up yet. Will do so when I get back home…

#319 10 months ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

Might've been tested, but things can happen in shipping. Might be able to get it running if you can post more information on what lights are on what boards.

First thing I would check is the SD card. Make sure it is there and fully seated. With no SD card nothing can boot but you would still get led lights on the boards.

#320 10 months ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Couldn't agree more! Mine setup, playing great..update smooth...won't get major time on it as my children come to visit tomorrow. The powder is definitely stellar!! Hard to capture in the pics but just beautiful! Very happy w entire package!

I always spend some time under the hood before firing up, so no problems to report...having this one at home will be a blast!!

20230901_232236 (resized).jpg20230901_232236 (resized).jpg20230901_232807 (resized).jpg20230901_232807 (resized).jpg
    #321 10 months ago

30, 40, 50, 60 in library office. Will be hard getting work done here anymore!! Yes, I have a problem, lol...think I'm safe as long as a 20 or 70 doesnt emerge in a theme/ game I like.... Probably wrong thread for these pics, but I was already posting so thought some might like these in here...

20230901_233133 (resized).jpg20230901_233133 (resized).jpg20230901_233142 (resized).jpg20230901_233142 (resized).jpg

#322 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Couldn't agree more! Mine setup, playing great..update smooth...won't get major time on it as my children come to visit tomorrow. The powder is definitely stellar!! Hard to capture in the pics but just beautiful! Very happy w entire package!
    I always spend some time under the hood before firing up, so no problems to report...having this one at home will be a blast!!

I was a little surprised by how beautiful the game is in person. Photos didn’t show as well. The flow is better than I recall on my 2019 Pre, missile shot is cleaner, but still super hard to hit consistently.

#323 10 months ago
    Quoted from dts:

I was a little surprised by how beautiful the game is in person. Photos didn’t show as well. The flow is better than I recall on my 2019 Pre, missile shot is cleaner, but still super hard to hit consistently.

Only got around 15 games or so on it tonight after all my OCD setup. Im a terrible photographer, but even the good pics haven't captured how well everything goes together on this one. Kind of true for most games I suppose.

Had only played a premium on location in the past...liked it alot, and sort of " missed" the release buys ( wasn't a must have). I've been lurking for awhile in the market, looking at LE's...great looking game, but just couldn't pull the trigger @ 12.5 k for a used one.They seemed to be selling, too ( thought no one was buying expensive pins anymore). When this was announced, I caved in ...glad I did.

#324 10 months ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

Check your SD card.
    Mine had the same problem. It’s what happens when the SD card isn’t fully inserted (or fails).

#325 10 months ago
    Quoted from dts:

Can you explain why you think the build quality is better? Premium and LE are way better looking then this 30th version imo. It looks like people who missed the LE are all over this 30th version but please admit it doesn’t look right.

The only positive thing about the 30th is that the playfield is the same

#326 10 months ago
    Quoted from dts:

Omg… Dude, it’s 100% the same game!

#327 10 months ago
    Quoted from smassa:

There is more to the Art package than just the green armor. The backglass art and side are IMO better than the original LE.

Yes, ive seen it. Art package on prem and le are better. But its just art, the game itself is the best!

#328 10 months ago

It was the SD not being pushed in!!! A good friend of mine knew where to look!! All good!!!!

#329 10 months ago
    Quoted from Munsters:

Can you explain why you think the build quality is better? Premium and LE are way better looking then this 30th version imo. It looks like people who missed the LE are all over this 30th version but please admit it doesn’t look right.
    The only positive thing about the 30th is that the playfield is the same

There was pooling and some wood grain exposed on my previous playfield, shots rattled more and didn’t flow as smoothly, I can double loop lower orbits, various other smaller details. Missile shot is cleaner, cabinet feels more solid, maybe my first didn’t have the corner brackets yet. Pretty common to improve build quality the later you go in a run. For example, Rick and Morty had the best builds between 500 and 750(Spooky confirmed this when I was talking with AJ and recommended buying later builds where possible). Alien Heighway had better late builds. Even Stern, the manufacturing king of pinball, has this happen. Absolutely the same game, less tweaking out of the box. I’ve owned my share of early build games and you are forced to buy them often if you want a specific game. The positives are largely aesthetic but this game definitely plays better than my first, which could be simple variation, but I’m betting improvements in tolerances such as in a car build. Just my opinion! Also, this is basically the 30th enthusiast thread, so that is where we go on about things. You have the same game if you own it. I bet the current Premiums and Pros are similar compared to early run games. I haven’t spent time on the later runs until this point. Maybe it’s just my imagination

#330 10 months ago
    Quoted from Munsters:

Yes, ive seen it. Art package on prem and le are better. But its just art, the game itself is the best!

An opinion I don't share

Everyone is entitled to their own. For God's sake, shit on the price as that is relative ( maybe once) give your opinion on this package ( good or bad) then move on to other threads you enjoy.

If I spent the majority of my time on here bashing games that I don't like for MY reasons in the game threads...what a horrible life!!!

I absolutely despise DI. Never liked it, never connected with it, and could go on and on. Look through that owners thread....doubt I even posted in it...for what reason?

Maybe just stop and enjoy whatever is making you happy...geesh

#331 10 months ago
    Quoted from Munsters:

Premium art package is definitely the best. The new ULE obviously got the 4th place translite from 2019 LoL Poop brown everywhere and the layout is so random (what's with the random bone foot in the lower right?).

I've certainly seen some Johnny Crap art that I like. But I don't think pinball art is his area of expertise.

#332 10 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Premium art package is definitely the best. The new ULE obviously got the 4th place translite from 2019 LoL Poop brown everywhere and the layout is so random (what's with the random bone foot in the lower right?).
    I've certainly seen some Johnny Crap art that I like. But I don't think pinball art is his area of expertise.

I thought the translite looked bland in the pics but it is awesome in person, lots of contrast, mirrored details, looks like the best of the four to me. I love the Pre art, that’s my other favorite of the four art packages.

#333 10 months ago
    Quoted from dts:

I thought the translite looked bland in the pics but it is awesome in person, lots of contrast, mirrored details, looks like the best of the three to me. I love the Pre art, that’s my other favorite of the four arr packages.

Agree 100%....will endure the negativity...it is Pinside after all..

To share excitement about a game is sort of taboo around here for very long....thinking PFLE is the only one that currently walks on water...but Im not interested in one so got out of the thread early..

#334 10 months ago

We should be happy indeed, all those great games last years, pinball rocks

#335 10 months ago

Could be just me but I hate seeing the t-rex getting bit on the 30th backglass lol. When the banner falls in the movie t-rex has already killed both raptors. In the movie the first raptor is long dead by the time the 2nd one attacks t-rex. On the backglass the first raptor is just randomly chilling in the lower left corner lol.

The artwork makes it look like the t-rex is crying out in pain getting it's ass kicked, just not a fan of that for something that is $13k and on full display for friends and family. Odd choice of backglass artwork.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 130550 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-09-02 130550 (resized).jpg

#336 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be just me but I hate seeing the t-rex getting bit on the 30th backglass lol. When the banner falls in the movie t-rex has already killed both raptors. The artwork makes it look like the t-rex is crying out in pain, just not a fan of that for something that is $13k and on full display for friends and family. Odd choice of backglass artwork.
    [quoted image]

tom.giftom.gif
    #337 10 months ago
    Quoted from apessino:

[quoted image]

I know lol. Just doesn't make sense to me how the dinosaurs are being represented on the backglass but then again Stern has other dinosaurs on the 30th cabinet that are not even in the first movie...

#338 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be just me but I hate seeing the t-rex getting bit on the 30th backglass lol. When the banner falls in the movie t-rex has already killed both raptors. The artwork makes it look like the t-rex is crying out in pain, just not a fan of that for something that is $13k and on full display for friends and family. Odd choice of backglass artwork.
    [quoted image]

Odd concern. The back glass looks awesome in person. Hard to imagine many people would make the connection you are making.

#339 10 months ago
    Quoted from apessino:

[quoted image]

At first, I was like, WTF Panzer, then when I considered his argument, I am like WTF Stern.

#340 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be just me but I hate seeing the t-rex getting bit on the 30th backglass lol. When the banner falls in the movie t-rex has already killed both raptors. In the movie the first raptor is long dead by the time the 2nd one attacks t-rex. On the backglass the first raptor is just randomly chilling in the lower left corner lol.
    The artwork makes it look like the t-rex is crying out in pain getting it's ass kicked, just not a fan of that for something that is $13k and on full display for friends and family. Odd choice of backglass artwork.
    [quoted image]

If you own the original LE, you see it. If you got the new game, you don't.

#341 10 months ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Odd concern. The back glass looks awesome in person. Hard to imagine many people would make the connection you are making.

He's the first to really voice it, but trust me, he's not the only one thinking it. I 100% agree with him.

We don't need BOTH the raptors and T-Rex on the translite. If they were about to fight...ok, that's one thing, but I agree with him, this is an amalgamation of at least 2 different scenes that DO NOT blend well together, and the doofy raptor at the bottom left awkwardly looking at us like "$13.5K ready....right? RIGHT?" - sorry guys, I get the need to protect that used car level investment, but it is definitely 3rd or 4th place (interchangeable with the Pro).

#342 10 months ago

Omg...do you guys hear yourselves? Maybe it's time to put down Pinside and do some reflecting. Let's talk about how the code has no movie clips and yet everyone bought the game.

#343 10 months ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Omg...do you guys hear yourselves? Maybe it's time to put down Pinside and do some reflecting.

The backglass is stunning in person. It's looks like a collage of sorts, w one raptor staring you down. Combined with cabinet/backbox art and the armor finish, it all "fits".

Dont worry, I'll try to find something to complain about on it...this should help the thread get more traction

#344 10 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you own the original LE, you see it. If you got the new game, you don't.

I don't and I don't

#345 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

The backglass is stunning in person. It's looks like a collage of sorts, w one raptor staring you down. Combined with cabinet/backbox art and the armor finish, it all "fits".
    Dont worry, I'll try to find something to complain about on it...this should help the thread get more traction

I know...

20230830_185533 (resized).jpg20230830_185533 (resized).jpg
    #346 10 months ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe just stop and enjoy whatever is making you happy...geesh

What if bashing games I don’t like IS what makes me happy?

#347 10 months ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

What if bashing games I don’t like IS what makes me happy?

This is a very valid point, hence the thumbs up from me, lol....

( you could be in the majority, Idk?)

#348 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Maybe what could have really sold it was the Spinosaurus cracking the T-Rex's neck or standing over the dead carcass viciously roaring !!!

#349 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know lol. Just doesn't make sense to me how the dinosaurs are being represented on the backglass but then again Stern has other dinosaurs on the 30th cabinet that are not even in the first movie...

" BackGlassGate" ( BGG now). Maybe BGG is just a different representation as it's an anniversary edition?

#350 10 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Maybe what could have really sold it was the Spinosaurus cracking the T-Rex's neck or standing over the dead carcass viciously roaring !!!

Think they are pretty much sold....

There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.