Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 463 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by briyau15
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9834 (resized).jpeg
    RenderedImage (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9726 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7752881_0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8669 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8673 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8668 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8666 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 11 months ago

It looks like the real winners here are current JP owners because I think the only real knock on the game (and the one that has kept me from seriously considering it as a home pin) was that the code is very linear and that there is only one path to get to wizard. I'm fine with the really tight shots, but if they're now saying that there will be multiple ways to play the game and get to the end, I may have to reconsider. I'm an intermediate hack player and just didn't want to be chopping away at the first two padocks over and over again...

#102 11 months ago

Do we know if the code update will go to JP premium and pros?

#103 11 months ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Do we know if the code update will go to JP premium and pros?

Yes all versions. Pro, Prem, LE, and 30th Anniv

"To celebrate this milestone anniversary, the team at Stern has created a software update available for all existing versions of the game. The update offers new ways to play; including Co-Op Play, Team Play, and a 30th Anniversary Insider Connected Quest. The update also brings additional polish and refinement throughout the game experience. Co-Op Play gives players the unique ability to collaborate in order to escape Isla Nublar and reach the ultimate wizard mode, “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!” Team Play allows players to challenge each other in any combination of 1 to 4 players. "

#104 11 months ago

I don’t buy LEs because they are made early in the run and many seem to have issues because of this. Premium has always been the way to go because they’ve had time to work out the kinks and the workers have had more time to competently learn how to put these things together. This could be a chance to get an LE without those issues. New code too. It’s tempting.

#105 11 months ago
    Quoted from Npbassman:

It looks like the real winners here are current JP owners because I think the only real knock on the game (and the one that has kept me from seriously considering it as a home pin) was that the code is very linear and that there is only one path to get to wizard. I'm fine with the really tight shots, but if they're now saying that there will be multiple ways to play the game and get to the end, I may have to reconsider. I'm an intermediate hack player and just didn't want to be chopping away at the first two padocks over and over again...

Totally agree. Our household hit a wall and can't seem to ever get past the dinos before visitor center. We still play for points but making it to the end always seemed like it may never happen. We thought of just turning on 10 ball but never went that far haha. This will bring new life back into the game for us.

#106 11 months ago

"Slaughtering Golden Gooses" edition!!!!

#107 11 months ago

Sure it's a cash grab but would love this edition.

Pricing by all manufacturers in 2023 kills it for me though.

#108 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

By making a product you don't need to buy?

By making an overpriced product that I want to buy because of greed and saps who pay it. Not too difficult?

#109 11 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t buy LEs because they are made early in the run and many seem to have issues because of this. Premium has always been the way to go because they’ve had time to work out the kinks and the workers have had more time to competently learn how to put these things together. This could be a chance to get an LE without those issues. New code too. It’s tempting.

Never mind. Only available through Stern which means paying sales tax and shipping. So price is really around $14.5k

#110 11 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Never mind. Only available through Stern which means paying sales tax and shipping. So price is really around $14.5k

Distributors have these available. There are only a few available through Stern, directly.

#111 11 months ago

I saw this on Facebook and thought they hit it out of the park. Can we please have someone in the mod community come up with a sticker

IMG_1045 (resized).jpegIMG_1045 (resized).jpeg
    #112 11 months ago

Also maybe sharpie one little teardrop rolling down the t-rex's cheek.

#113 11 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Well, if somebody misses out on this one, please don’t worry because you’ll have another opportunity in five years with the 35th anniversary edition that Stern will release with better art.

But is there a goat on the backglass?

#114 11 months ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Precedent was set with Elvira 40th

But the 40th was a much higher price point so it didn’t drop all the LE values the same way. I think this is a first, the new LEs are already way overpriced and one of the few ways to justify them was that they held their value better. This does not seem like it will be true anymore.

#115 11 months ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

But the 40th was a much higher price point so it didn’t drop all the LE values the same way. I think this is a first, the new LEs are already way overpriced and one of the few ways to justify them was that they held their value better. This does not seem like it will be true anymore.

There have been like half dozen LEs released since Godzilla and none of them have "held their value," so it's been "not true anymore" for a long time.

If you want to spend $13K on a JP LE, you can buy an old one, or you can buy the 30th. And with a little rooting around, you'll be able to find one for a little less. Nothing has changed.

#116 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There have been like half dozen LEs released since Godzilla and none of them have "held their value," so it's been "not true anymore" for a long time.
    If you want to spend $13K on a JP LE, you can buy an old one, or you can buy the 30th. And with a little rooting around, you'll be able to find one for a little less. Nothing has changed.

Rush, Bond, FF, and Venom (not actually in my house yet of course) judging by my dining room Bond is definitely underwater at the moment and maybe FF but that’s where the larger price gap between premium and LE happened. It’s definitely harder to pull the trigger on LEs just to get mirrored backglass now.

#117 11 months ago

everyone is complaining but they sell out anyway haha. Sold put at Stern’s site, rest will follow soon. it is a great game!!!

In Europe they are all gone it seems, but not sure how many were allocated to here.

I personally feel they should have priced it higher but adding something exclusive (exclusive topper, gamemode or shooter etc) and make less, like the elvira 40th. This was really a nice and exclusive rerun.

The Bond 60th I passed on mostly due to the retro design, not so much the price.

#118 11 months ago
    Quoted from Faust:

I personally feel they should have priced it higher

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
    #119 11 months ago

Your wish is my command:

CryingDyno.gifCryingDyno.gif
    #120 11 months ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

I was responding to the assertion that this was the first time that Stern has done a new limited edition of an existing game, thus "setting a precedent". That is wrong. "This is the first time Stern has done a new limited edition of an existing game that will severely impact the over inflated price of my existing LE" is (probably?) correct.

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ledman62:

By making an overpriced product that I want to buy because of greed and saps who pay it. Not too difficult?

You are mad that other people are willing to buy expensive thing? This affects you how?

Pinball is ruined cause someone bought a thing that you don't need?

#122 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You are mad that other people are willing to buy expensive thing? This affects you how?
    Pinball is ruined cause someone bought a thing that you don't need?

Think your missing the point.. Pinball is ruined because those people who "Believed" that LE meant one and done. Have been lied to
    by a unexpected twist of fate..

They tried to ease the foot to the ass from the by giving away some free software updates.

Ultimately betrayed the entire LE crowd. They might as well release a second run of Godzilla LE's and Met Master of Puppets redux to sweeten the deal. See?

LE just means 'Lots Extra' now. Though do you really get lots of Extras? Way to kill your own biz.

#123 11 months ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

LE just means 'Lots Extra' now. Though do you really get lots of Extras?

For years LE advocates have been giving us itemized lists of why everything added to an LE justifies the cost. If they're right, nothing changed this week. They still have all the stuff they paid for.

#124 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

For years LE advocates have been giving us itemized lists of why everything added to an LE justifies the cost. If they're right, nothing changed this week. They still have all the stuff they paid for.

The price gap used to be justifiable for the stuff pre-bond price change. The people really getting burned on this one are those that bought JP LE on secondary market recently. For me, the concept of LEs beeing limited for as long as stern feels like it puts a lower ceiling on secondary prices.

#125 11 months ago

But when original LE owners bought theirs for $9k and they end up on secondary market for $15k then someone still took it in the shorts, correct? Only difference I really see (beyond what things cost "now vs. then") is who is getting the extra $$$.

My first NIB was WOZECLE (1000 made, btw)...still prefer it (except the topper) over any of the other revs that came after....who cares?

Again, not justifying or liking the ever raising prices, and Stern has effectively dealt a death blow to those who buy pins to flip. A good game is a good game...I just buy the silly things to enjoy....retaining substantial value regardless of model is a huge plus imho.

Game looks beautiful and I've been on the fence for awhile of adding one. Might do it.

#126 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

They don't have the exclusivity that they paid for.

#127 11 months ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Distributors have these available. There are only a few available through Stern, directly.

Oh, I guess I read that wrong. I thought you had to subscribe to a yearly insider connected full access for the privilege of buying one exclusively through Stern.

#128 11 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Yeah they do. Theirs is green, this ones red. Different edition. I don’t recall ever seeing any of these listed as an I.E (Investment Edition)model. If people buy LEs to show off or feel special, that’s their problem. People need to buy the game they want for personal preference. Nobody cares if a guy has a “limited edition”. You can play same game in a bar nowadays, just a different color/art scheme.
    This red on looks far and away better than any previous versions imo. Glad they did it, and are making money selling games, so later on they can keep developing and selling new games.

#129 11 months ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

Just for kicks I looked up my original JPLE invoice. MSRP was $8,799. With sales tax of $695 I paid $9,494 back in August 2019.

Paid $8800 shipped
    Sold for $9400 a year later and thought I did ok, boy did I miss timing on that one

#130 11 months ago

Don't forget the new mark 2 LEs will have a different certificate of authentication signed by Seth while LEs mark 1 will have the Gary signed certs...surprised it's not been highlighted more in these threads, every farking thing else is.

#131 11 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I didn’t see exclusivity on the LE guys’ itemized breakdown. All the tangible stuff added up to justify MSRP.

#132 11 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I think they do, actually....still only made "x" # of that version, and if it's a good game (which this one is) will always command a nice price.

As mentioned prior, JJP jumped that shark on initial release (and did well for the company) "1000 ECLE's". Ruby Red phased me zero. Why is it now that 500 globally (meaning 250 in the States?) is a high #? Thousands more in the hobby, short or long term.

Love my LE's....suspect many people do. Idk....hate high prices across the board, period. Pinball in general is just getting up there with all sorts of overpriced luxury items. Beyond that? Meh. Buy what you like and can afford (I only spend my $$$).

#133 11 months ago

That’s one hell of a powder coat for this edition.

#134 11 months ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Think your missing the point.. Pinball is ruined because those people who "Believed" that LE meant one and done. Have been lied to
    by a unexpected twist of fate..
    They tried to ease the foot to the ass from the by giving away some free software updates.
    Ultimately betrayed the entire LE crowd. They might as well release a second run of Godzilla LE's and Met Master of Puppets redux to sweeten the deal. See?
    LE just means 'Lots Extra' now. Though do you really get lots of Extras? Way to kill your own biz.

Pinball as a hobby is ruined because someone else gets to buy a toy that has a label on it that says it's special? So their special thing is not the same special thing so Pinball is ruined?

I thought the hobby was a game that we played for fun.

#135 11 months ago

The only thing “ruining” the hobby are drama queens who like to proclaim the hobby is dead every time a game is announced.

If pinball is making you that miserable, you should find a hobby that doesn’t.

#136 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only thing “ruining” the hobby are drama queens who like to proclaim the hobby is dead every time a game is announced.

I need a list of what hasn't ruined pinball at this point.

Cause apparently it's not actually the games themselves, but every other thing in the world.

#137 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thank you ( mic drop)

#138 11 months ago

Time for folks to fight back. We need more people making up their make believe super duper editions. I love when I go on the marketplace and see a pin painted with a horrible looking color powder coat and jammed full of cheap action figures. That's how we stick it to stern and create some real special editions!

Hobby saved.

#139 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it’s not “dead” then why would you or anyone else care?

A little exaggeration here Levi, I don’t see anyone saying the hobby is “dead”.

I’m a happy camper having a lot of fun especially with my Bond game.

If some people want to bury their heads in the sand and say “move on, nothing to see here” then that’s ignoring the obvious!

And of all people, you should understand that the pinball hobby and Pinside is all about DRAMA.

If it wasn’t, Pinside would be out of business in a week.

Bottom line, doesn’t matter what a few people think, including myself, spend the $$$ however you want. I do.

But the FACT is that the “bubble is bursting” or whatever you want to call it.

And oh btw, that is a GREAT thing, especially for group of buyers that need prices lower. The one’s that don’t care about higher pricing, don’t understand there will be LESS folks able to buy these games to fuel the continued growth.

Higher prices? So what. Not my problem. Not mine either.

The people that think FOMO still exists, if I like a game in the future I’ll buy from you for less.

No NIBs. That’s somebody else’s problem now. And it had nothing to do with LEs, premiums or pros.

#140 11 months ago

Let’s not pretend that JJP hasn’t taken a raft of shit and abuse over the years re the multiple versions of WOZ and everything else you can think.

People want to defend Stern. Knock yourselves out.

Better yet, buy another 10 LEs to support the cause

#141 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I didn’t see exclusivity on the LE guys’ itemized breakdown. All the tangible stuff added up to justify MSRP.

As someone else already replied, the people adding up tangible stuff were on NIB pre-Bond games. I doubt anyone is trying to justify the price gap Bond and newer beyond “I can afford it and I like it better”

#142 11 months ago

Well, finally a jp that doesn't have God awful artwork on the cab or backglass.

#143 11 months ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

As someone else already replied, the people adding up tangible stuff were on NIB pre-Bond games.

Right, like JPLE. I'm saying those guys haven't lost anything.

#144 11 months ago

If this is bad, just imagine the the people buying willams medieval madness 2014....

#145 11 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If it wasn’t, Pinside would be out of business in a week.

If it wasn't for Pinside CrazyLevi would be out of business in a week.

#146 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Golden Gooses?!?

Thunderbird

#147 11 months ago

Okay I thought it was red powder coating which I thought was goofy but the copper orange looks very cool.
    Does Stern have the right to make more if they want? Yes
    Do I think their bogarts for basically making Vault editions out of Limited editions or as Stern likes to call them “Anniversary Editions”.. Heck yes. But it’s just my opinion. I’m just one consumer.
    It still looks cool though too and I’d love to have one, just picked up a Pro and it’s a blast.
    It won’t stop me from buying an LE if it’s a cool shooter but just start calling it a Deluxe Edition not a “Limited” Edition. And it’s going to have to be very cool for me to buy (Venom-NOT) because it’s not very “Limited” anymore……….
    A pattern has been created by Stern now. Not saying that is a bad or good thing but nevertheless a pattern
    Elvira - Anniversary Edition
    Bond 60th - Anniversary Edition (although very cool and different layout by Elwin)
    Jurassic Park - Anniversary Edition
    What’s their next Vault/Anniversary Edition?

Tron?
    Godzilla?
    Star Wars?

Or better yet call it “The Deluxe Limited Edition” like the 1982 Eight Ball Deluxe LE. Lol.

#148 11 months ago

Such a unique thread. Love how it came alive one year later.

Is anyone disappointed that the “Jaws” rumored to be coming out was likely this JP 30th Anniversary Edition (code name “Jaws”)?

To the LE argument, it’s not like Stern made 500 more LEs (artwork is still unique). If Stern made the total number of LEs 1,000, then we’d really see pitchforks and someone actually bringing a lawsuit.

The code update and new modes sound amazing. Thank our lucky stars that a manufacturer like Stern is still advancing the hobby Or did I miss something and another game has a cooperative mode?

#149 11 months ago

If anyone listens to The Pinball Show about a year ago Zach hinted at Stern doing this moving forward. This won’t be the last the last rerun of a Limited Edition

#150 11 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

In honor of the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park, Stern Pinball has announced several exciting updates for fans of the 1993 Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment film including new content enhancements across all machines and new products.
    One of Stern’s most popular releases to-date, the Jurassic Park Pinball Machine generates heart pounding excitement as the player progresses through the game encountering the wilds of Isla Nublar.
    To celebrate this milestone anniversary, the team at Stern has created a software update available for all existing versions of the game. The update offers new ways to play; including Co-Op Play, Team Play, and a 30th Anniversary Insider Connected Quest. The update also brings additional polish and refinement throughout the game experience. Co-Op Play gives players the unique ability to collaborate in order to escape Isla Nublar and reach the ultimate wizard mode, “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!” Team Play allows players to challenge each other in any combination of 1 to 4 players. The new 30th Anniversary Quest will be available to users as part of Stern’s award-winning Insider Connected™ system. The Quest will challenge players to collect Dinosaur DNA strands throughout the game to create amazing dinosaurs and earn badges. Registration for Insider Connected is available for free at insider.sternpinball.com.
    While chasing and battling dinosaurs, you will want to look the part in an entire new line of Jurassic Park Pinball-themed merchandise including new t-shirts, sweatpants, and hats. Fans can also upgrade their machines with a line of Jurassic Park Pinball accessories (topper, shooter knob, side armor, and inside art blades) available while supplies last. (https://shop.sternpinball.com/.../jurassic-park-accessories)
    And for the ultimate Jurassic Park fan, we are pleased to announce a special 30th Anniversary Edition version of Jurassic Park Pinball Machine, featuring a brand-new exterior art package, full-color mirrored backglass, “Illusion Copper” powder-coated pinball armor, a custom designer-autographed bottom arch, inside art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball playfield glass, shaker motor, a sequentially numbered plaque, and a Certificate of Authenticity. This release will be limited to 500 units globally, serving as a special collectors’ item for dedicated fans of the franchise and pinball aficionados alike.
    “Jurassic Park is one of the most popular pinball games we’ve released, and for good reason!” said Seth Davis, President and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “It’s an honor for us to champion such a beloved franchise with a new content update all fans can enjoy. There’s never been a better time to own or play Jurassic Park Pinball.”
    Pricing and Availability:
    Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) *:
    *MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.
    30th Anniversary Edition: $US 12,999

It’s weird. I got so excited watching the trailer with the exciting layout and game play, I thought “looks amazing! I need to get this!!!”, then I thought “oh, hang on……”

There are 463 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.