Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 461 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9834 (resized).jpeg
    RenderedImage (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9726 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7752881_0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8669 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8673 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8668 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8666 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8672 (resized).jpeg

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 6 months ago

They may wait until the 75th anniversary, but it is definitely coming

#52 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Calling it here first, like Stern isn’t going to release a 70th anniversary Godzilla next year

I feel smart that I just sold my GZ LE..... lol.

#53 6 months ago

This is a prime opportunity to tell stern with our wallets to shove their money grabbing over priced LE LE where the sun never ventures

#54 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Calling it here first, like Stern isn’t going to release a 70th anniversary Godzilla next year

You're right, they are going to release a 70th Anniversary Godzilla *LE*.

#55 6 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Is the dinosaur on the backglass going to a beauty pageant or something? What the hell is up with the sash that it's wearing?

I take it you haven’t seen the movie. Or don’t remember the end of the T-rex vs raptors scene.

#56 6 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

This is a prime opportunity to tell stern with our wallets to shove their money grabbing over priced LE LE where the sun never ventures

Won't happen.

Too many people need "special snowflake" editions in THEIR collections. Heaven forbid they only spend $9500 on a peasantry Premium edition. They got to show that us that they "only get" LEs, and oh my goodness, now there's TWO LEs.

Did anyone hear this level of bitching when ACDC LTBR and BIBLE came out....?

I can't help but snicker a little watching people with $100K+ collections cry that their machine isn't so special anymore. Almost like, hey, WAKE UP - Stern doesn't care about you or how special you feel. All they care about is the bottom line - profits - not your loyalty.

#57 6 months ago

I present the 29th anniversary JP edition. For $160 powder coating, you too can make your premium look like a 30th anni edition.

2B6227D3-4C42-4490-A829-38359347EAD2 (resized).jpeg2B6227D3-4C42-4490-A829-38359347EAD2 (resized).jpeg
    #58 6 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

No because they came out at the same time and everyone knew there were 2 versions and how many of each were being made. It is quite another thing sell out a limited edition of 500 based on the promise that was all that would be made, then 4 years later make another 500.

#59 6 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Won't happen.
    Too many people need "special snowflake" editions in THEIR collections. Heaven forbid they only spend $9500 on a peasantry Premium edition. They got to show that us that they "only get" LEs, and oh my goodness, now there's TWO LEs.
    I can't help but snicker a little watching people with $100K+ collections cry that their machine isn't so special anymore. Almost like, hey, WAKE UP - Stern doesn't care about you or how special you feel. All they care about is the bottom line - profits - not your loyalty.

I like to get LEs because I like how they look and they have everything in 'em. This JP release doesn't bother me in the least because I don't consider pinball machines an investment...it's an expensive toy. And JP is an expensive toy that I've been enjoying immensely and I have no intention of selling; I hope the people that buy the new game feel the same way.

Didn't bother me when JJP released further "LE" versions of WOZ, either. Be secure in your purchase and don't buy it because you think you might make a buck. That's the way I think, anyway.

#60 6 months ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Yep the only people that should be bummed out are the ones that paid 15k plus for a used LE. More is to come with this release that will make all JP owners happy not just the new LE buyers.

I paid $17.7k for my LE about a year ago...Stern did this same move with AC/DC Luci. There goes $5k, oh well. Guess I'm keeping them now!

#61 6 months ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Stern did this same move with AC/DC Luci.

The difference was the ACDC Luci was just a prem with different art that was sold at the same price as premiums when new (like Met road case, BM66 Catwoman, and SW comic art) and Stern never said the edition was limited (although many sellers tried to imply that before the VE came out).

#62 6 months ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

The difference was the ACDC Luci was just a prem with different art that was sold at the same price as premiums when new (like Met road case, BM66 Catwoman, and SW comic art) and Stern never said the edition was limited (although many sellers tried to imply that before the VE came out).

True, but it was still a kick in the nuts. There were less than 200 Lucis before that rerun and they were scarce/limited. That's how it goes, I guess Stern is going to milk the cash cow for all top selling games and who can blame them if they sell. The original JP LE is still 1 of 500 of that LE edition and I don't see anything compelling enough in the 30th to sell or trade my LE. I felt the same when I had an Elvira LE when they announced the 40th HoH, not worth the much higher cost for basically the same game. I'm done buying new pins anyway, so I have no horse in this race. It will be interesting to see which other special/limited edition games Stern releases in the future.

#63 6 months ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

No because they came out at the same time and everyone knew there were 2 versions and how many of each were being made. It is quite another thing sell out a limited edition of 500 based on the promise that was all that would be made, then 4 years later make another 500.

Well, in a way, they kept their word. This is another art package - makes the 500 original LEs no less special - now there's variety!

Soon, they'll make a Yellow Brick LE equivalent, and like JJP did with removing the monkey mechanism, Stern will take out the moving T-Rex, and then they'll have the gall to charge buyers even more money!!!

#64 6 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Well, in a way, they kept their word.

Now when they say limited we know it means they can make changes to the art and sell more editions. When they say exclusive it means only the scribbled signature on the back of the topper is exclusive. The problem with, is we've now figured out they will weasel out of any claims if they can make a fast buck.

Quoted from NPO:

This is another art package - makes the 500 original LEs no less special

I would disagree. I bet guys that paid $17.7k these LEs last year would also, certainly the market value of these LEs is much lower after this announcement. If they had sold this art package as a new prem trim it would be a different story.

#65 6 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Just got the e-mail from Game Exchange. 500 units rebadged LE. Well, Stern finally did it. They ruined the LE mystique with a rerun. Just slap an anniversary on it and make more LE's. A new precedent has been set.

Precedent was set with Elvira 40th

#66 6 months ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Now when they say limited we know it means they can make changes to the art and sell more editions. When they say exclusive it means only the scribbled signature on the back of the topper is exclusive.

The easy solution is to only buy things for their intrinsic value, regardless of scarcity (real or imagined), autographs, collectability, etc. For me, a given pinball machine is only worth how much tangible enjoyment I get playing & seeing it in my house.

#67 6 months ago

The original sin was when “the market” went all gaga when JJP released a stripped down version with different paint color for $$$$$$. This one still commands a $3000 premium on the used market over the original edition that has *more* mechs. That’s how this market works. I’m half surprised Stern didn’t axe the moving Dino head on the “super special” 30th anniversary. It worked for JJP and the flying monkey mech.

#68 6 months ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

The original sin was when “the market” went all gaga when JJP released a stripped down version with different paint color for $$$$$$. This one still commands a $3000 premium on the used market over the original edition that has *more* mechs. That’s how this market works. I’m half surprised Stern didn’t axe the moving Dino head on the “super special” 30th anniversary. It worked for JJP and the flying monkey mech.

It took JJP a 2 WOZ LEs with full features before they figured that out. I'm confident we'll see the static dino head on the 35th Anniversary JP LE.

#69 6 months ago

A few years ago I think this would be less of a big deal when the price spread between an LE and Pemium was smaller (I think 2kish?). You get art blades, mirrored black glass, shaker motor, side armor, upgraded glass and better decals. There was at least close to the value in extras between LE and premium…but not anymore. A lot of the LE price is strictly because of its limited nature now…and stern is clearly telling us that really means nothing.

#70 6 months ago

Just for kicks I looked up my original JPLE invoice. MSRP was $8,799. With sales tax of $695 I paid $9,494 back in August 2019.

#71 6 months ago

If they redid the playfield, I might bite but it looks like the same playfield.
    Personally, I don’t understand the choice of red powder coating.
    Doesn’t fit the theme at all for me. That’s goofy.

#72 6 months ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I take it you haven’t seen the movie. Or don’t remember the end of the T-rex vs raptors scene.

Apparently Spielberg is better at image composition than Johnny Crap is. Who knew?

Seriously... Johnny's framing and sense of perspective seems really off on all his JP pinball art. It's just really bad.

#73 6 months ago

And no amber shooter knob for that price?!?

#74 6 months ago

Some one will start making those shooter rods again quick smart. Quick bucks will be pouring in

#75 6 months ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

Some one will start making those shooter rods again quick smart.

Stern is...

#76 6 months ago

Those greedy fks ruined the hobby for me.

#77 6 months ago

I'm super curious to see how long it takes them to sell out.

#78 6 months ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

...and how long after that we see another LE with a different color powder coat.

#79 6 months ago

In honor of the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park, Stern Pinball has announced several exciting updates for fans of the 1993 Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment film including new content enhancements across all machines and new products.
    One of Stern’s most popular releases to-date, the Jurassic Park Pinball Machine generates heart pounding excitement as the player progresses through the game encountering the wilds of Isla Nublar.
    To celebrate this milestone anniversary, the team at Stern has created a software update available for all existing versions of the game. The update offers new ways to play; including Co-Op Play, Team Play, and a 30th Anniversary Insider Connected Quest. The update also brings additional polish and refinement throughout the game experience. Co-Op Play gives players the unique ability to collaborate in order to escape Isla Nublar and reach the ultimate wizard mode, “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!” Team Play allows players to challenge each other in any combination of 1 to 4 players. The new 30th Anniversary Quest will be available to users as part of Stern’s award-winning Insider Connected™ system. The Quest will challenge players to collect Dinosaur DNA strands throughout the game to create amazing dinosaurs and earn badges. Registration for Insider Connected is available for free at insider.sternpinball.com.
    While chasing and battling dinosaurs, you will want to look the part in an entire new line of Jurassic Park Pinball-themed merchandise including new t-shirts, sweatpants, and hats. Fans can also upgrade their machines with a line of Jurassic Park Pinball accessories (topper, shooter knob, side armor, and inside art blades) available while supplies last. (https://shop.sternpinball.com/.../jurassic-park-accessories)
    And for the ultimate Jurassic Park fan, we are pleased to announce a special 30th Anniversary Edition version of Jurassic Park Pinball Machine, featuring a brand-new exterior art package, full-color mirrored backglass, “Illusion Copper” powder-coated pinball armor, a custom designer-autographed bottom arch, inside art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball playfield glass, shaker motor, a sequentially numbered plaque, and a Certificate of Authenticity. This release will be limited to 500 units globally, serving as a special collectors’ item for dedicated fans of the franchise and pinball aficionados alike.
    “Jurassic Park is one of the most popular pinball games we’ve released, and for good reason!” said Seth Davis, President and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “It’s an honor for us to champion such a beloved franchise with a new content update all fans can enjoy. There’s never been a better time to own or play Jurassic Park Pinball.”
    Pricing and Availability:
    Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) *:
    *MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.
    30th Anniversary Edition: $US 12,999

#80 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ledman62:

Those greedy fks ruined the hobby for me.

By making a product you don't need to buy?

#81 6 months ago

Looks like current JP owners are getting a major code update!

#82 6 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

If it ain't movie assets, then I don't want it. lol

#83 6 months ago

Illusion Copper??? Does that mean it's copper disguised as Red? Or Vice versa?

#84 6 months ago

Owned a Premium and I agree that this art package is my favorite, but the prices currently are silly.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Won't sway me (I've owned it twice... great game) but it is the best looking of the JP packages.

#85 6 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yes!!

Hopefully some other games like SW will get co-op play.

#86 6 months ago
    Quoted from Br81zad:

If it ain't movie assets, then I don't want it. lol

Why would you think you're getting movie assets? They're selling 500 units at a dealer cost of just over $10,000 so total revenue of $5,000,000. That would equate to around $1,000,000 in net profit. Movie assets would cost way more than that....just an FYI.

#87 6 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

“Illusion Copper” powder-coated pinball armor,

Thanks in advance to the IC (illusion copper) buyers for funding new IC (insider connected) features on my premium!

#88 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Why would you think you're getting movie assets? They're selling 500 units at a dealer cost of just over $10,000 so total revenue of 45,000,000. That would equate to around $1,000,000 in net profit. Movie assets would cost way more than that....just an FYI.

Math appears to be off by an order of magnitude here, I think you meant $5M. The lack of movie assets and made up story line was one of the major reasons this game never clicked with me and I never bought one. Seems like the code update is just team play, co-op mode, and some IC badges.

#89 6 months ago

For me JP became like chopping wood like IM. Not sure if they had a bunch of parts or what.

#90 6 months ago

Anyone know why there are so many JP premiums and LEs showing up for sale on marketplace? Good luck with that! Goofy gullible bastards!

Stern has to be watching all this and thinking of their next move.

#91 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Why would you think you're getting movie assets? They're selling 500 units at a dealer cost of just over $10,000 so total revenue of 45,000,000. That would equate to around $1,000,000 in net profit. Movie assets would cost way more than that....just an FYI.

.... Then I don't want it... just an FYI

#92 6 months ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Precedent was set with Elvira 40th

Not really... the were charging over $20k for those.

#93 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jj557:

Looks like a pretty standard LE and sterns just capitalizing on new price structure.[quoted image]

Yeah, yet another Stern cash grab. Getting pretty tired of this stuff and the pricing on pins in general.

#94 6 months ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

Still available on the Stern site.

#95 6 months ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, yet another Stern cash grab. Getting pretty tired of this stuff and the pricing on pins in general.

Just buy a premium at discounted price now, put $1000 in to it and just as good, if not better.

#96 6 months ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They will be for some time. This is just a rehash of a game that has been available for 4 years now. Most that want one already own it or bought a while ago.

#97 6 months ago

Greedy fks have killed hobby !!

#98 6 months ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

They will be for some time. This is just a rehash of a game that has been available for 4 years now. Most that want one already own it or bought a while ago.

Totally agree. Just weird as the few Stern sells direct are usually gone in the blink of an eye.

Edit: the Stern site is sold out. Dealers are not

#99 6 months ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Math appears to be off by an order of magnitude here, I think you meant $5M. The lack of movie assets and made up story line was one of the major reasons this game never clicked with me and I never bought one. Seems like the code update is just team play, co-op mode, and some IC badges.

Yes, apparently I didn’t hit the shift button and instead of a $ I got a 4. Corrected and thanks for the heads up

#100 6 months ago

Totally agree. Just weird as the few Stern sells direct are usually gone in the blink of an eye.
    Edit: the Stern site is sold out. Dealers are not

I don’t think we can use the stern site for any kind of actual metric of demand, nobody knows how many are actually posted…seems like very few though.

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-jp30-1993-2023-jurassic-world-retheme/page/2?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.