Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tonyf1965
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I hate to start a new topic for this but I can't find it. It's the switch on the bus ramp right before the stop. The manual only lists this part as A-12556, while all other switches have the normal part # 5647-12693-**.

12693-21 looks to be the closest to it. The issue is the spacing issue between the switch and the stop. The switch needs to be depressed while the ball rests on the stop for the magic bus sequence and I'm not sure that #21 will be the correct length for this. #21 btw is the same switch used in the scoop exit switch on the wireform ramp.

I have checked the other pinside topics and googled the part for this but cannot find anything helpful. Wondering if anyone can point out where to get a replacement or if subbing another switch will work.

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Get a regular micro mini switch and swap your old actuator onto it.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

I will trust the guru. They are only like 2-3 bucks and I think it can be bent to work, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

5 years later
#4 5 years ago

Hi Balselly, Just out of interest, how did you go with this? I have exactly the same issue and I’m hoping to substitute the -21 switch.

The actuator on this switch in my game has been bent out of shape and cant be reused easily because there is too much play in the action of depresssing the actuator before the micro switch functions, meaning the actuator has to hang lower than intended. This is not a problem when the ball is moving through with momentum, however when the magic bus post is raised, the ball parks momentarily and the switch actuator (hanging low)has too much grip on the ball to allow it to decend down the ramp under its own weight.

1 year later
#5 4 years ago

I guess it's a bit late but if anyone stumbles upon these messages and has the same issue... I confirm you're looking for switch 5647-12693-21. According to my WCS94 part list, A-12556 is a switch+diode assembly, and the switch is the 5647-12693-21.

Available at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-21

7 months later
#6 3 years ago

Awesome thanks. FYI - The very next Junkyard I came across for a service call had the exact same issue.

Must be common!

1 year later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Awesome thanks. FYI - The very next Junkyard I came across for a service call had the exact same issue.
Must be common!

So how did you ended up fixing this? By changing the switch to a new one?

I have the exact same issue on mine, too low the ball stay stuck, too high the switch does not register. I tried playing with the height/bending but can't seems to find the right balance.

3 months later
#8 2 years ago

Exactly my problem too. I heard heard it called switch bounce. The machine think the ball was there for micro second. Then machine thinks it’s a glitch. I see the switch is $6. I have already replaced the switch once. With just a standard one. If any has information on this please chime in?

2 weeks later
#9 2 years ago

Yes the new switch was easy to adjust now. Ball does not get stuck there, and switch does recognized ball.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Yes the new switch was easy to adjust now. Ball does not get stuck there, and switch does recognized ball.

So which one did you end up using?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junkyard-ramp-exit-switch-a-12556?hl=matiou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.