Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MAJRob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Have a chance to buy either and would like your thoughts Junkyard (Never had a chance to play it but looks cool) is a little more money but I played No Fear at pinball life and enjoyed it. Anything to look out for? Has anyone done business with Great American Pinball?

Thanks
Mike

#2 5 years ago

I would take NF over JY. Good Ritchie game, I like the shots, good flow, nice and fast.

Hate that little swinging ball on JY, and collecting hair dryers, etc. Humor might be there for some, but not I.

#3 5 years ago

I bought Met Pro nib from Mike at GAP. Good Guy! Can't help you w/ choice as I only played a few times on each.

#4 5 years ago

GAP is fine, you'll have no problem. Both have their good and bad. Personally I like NF because of the flow, it isn't very deep but for fast ball times and arcade like play, NF all the way. JY is cool because there are a lot of callouts from past B/W pins, after a while it gets old........and the swinging ball can be annoying.

#5 5 years ago

Ive had both, and agree in the sense the No Fear is a fast flow game...especially the jump ramp!
......an adrenaline rush.

But my test is towards Junkyard...more to do, how you collect junk, shoot the dog, Crazy Bob and all the best video modes from other games rolled into one game.

So they both play very differently, and what type you enjoy is what counts.

Cant go wrong with either

#6 5 years ago

For me it's No Fear. Just have more fun playing it.

#7 5 years ago

Kinda surprised by the responses so far... I would go with Junk Yard over No Fear any day. I have about 50 games on Junk Yard and 25 on No Fear. Even with that little play on No Fear, it seems anticlimactic. Junk Yard is a bit broken in that the video mode can be worth too much, but overall I think it's enjoyable and the wrecking ball is a decent toy that adds an element of randomness you don't get in many DMD titles.

I would also say Junk Yard is worth about $700 more on average ($1800 vs $2500.) I wouldn't mind owning either, but No Fear would have to fall into my lap, while I would consider seeking out a Junk Yard.

#8 5 years ago

Super fast vs Stop an go... Both great titles, I just love Junkyard way to much to vote against it..

#9 5 years ago

Would have to be NF for me.
I couldn't get rid of Junkyard quick enough.

#10 5 years ago

No Fear - without a doubt. Have never been able to get into Junkyard myself. No Fear, I could play all day long.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Kinda surprised by the responses so far... I would go with Junk Yard over No Fear any day. I have about 50 games on Junk Yard and 25 on No Fear. Even with that little play on No Fear, it seems anticlimactic. Junk Yard is a bit broken in that the video mode can be worth too much, but overall I think it's enjoyable and the wrecking ball is a decent toy that adds an element of randomness you don't get in many DMD titles.
I would also say Junk Yard is worth about $700 more on average ($1800 vs $2500.) I wouldn't mind owning either, but No Fear would have to fall into my lap, while I would consider seeking out a Junk Yard.

Please direct me to the $2500 Junk Yard

#12 5 years ago

Personally I'd hold out for something different altogether. I think you'll grow tired of either very quickly.

#13 5 years ago

I love me some JY, and could never get into NF no matter how many games I put on it. NF gets a fair amount of love on the forum, so I may very well be in the minority.

The two games are so dramatically different when it comes to gameplay/flow, so it really comes down to personal preference. They're on totally opposite ends of the spectrum.

#14 5 years ago

I owned a JY for about a month. I couldn't sell it fast enough. The sounds drove me insane.

#15 5 years ago

They're both albatrosses when you go to sell or trade them, even though they're both decent games in their own right. I'd go with No Fear since you've played it and enjoyed it. JY is one you should play first to make sure you appreciate the theme and video modes.

#16 5 years ago

Everyone who comes over gravitates to our No Fear. Fast and fun pinball and no matter what else is in the lineup at the time, No Fear is a favorite.

#17 5 years ago

My no fear kills it on location. It's the one game I'm pretty sure people would hang me for if I ever removed it. We have 5-7 pins in a friends bar. NF has stayed through many pin change ups. No it's not terribly deep but has great flow. For the 1-1.5k price difference I see, NF is a no brainer.

#18 5 years ago

After viewing your current collection I would cast a vote for NF. If I had seen an AC/DC in there I would have likely gave JY a solid thumbs up. For me personally, my NF will leave before my JY. Best luck with your decision.
~Steveo

#19 5 years ago

I'd take what's behind door #3.

#20 5 years ago

no fear is totally underrated.
it's high speed 3.

#21 5 years ago

Junkyard !!

#22 5 years ago

I wish i could find a NF for under 2K it seems impossible. I really do not want to spend more then 2500 right now and that seems to be a decent game for the price. Were just looking for another newer machine to add more fun to our game garage.

#23 5 years ago

Junkyard is a much better game

#24 5 years ago

I have played both quite a bit. Although I like both games Junkyard wins over NF.

#25 5 years ago

Definitely NF. Non-stop flow with great music.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Please direct me to the $2500 Junk Yard

That was an approximate price. Based on the fact they're failing to sell in less than a couple weeks at $3000 and $2800 locally, the market seems to be under $2700 around here.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

I wish i could find a NF for under 2K it seems impossible. I really do not want to spend more then 2500 right now and that seems to be a decent game for the price. Were just looking for another newer machine to add more fun to our game garage.

It takes some patience, but when posted above $1800, they sit for a long time. Last two I saw locally were $1600 & 1800

#29 5 years ago

I posted my NF locally for $1800 with no cabinet fade. It took 3 months to sell it.

#30 5 years ago

1) Buy from Mike with total confidence. He is a great guy.

2) My vote is for Junk Yard. It is a really fun game with tons of great video modes.

#31 5 years ago

If you have kids and non pinheads coming to play they will like JY a lot more. Fun, easy, quirky game with a cool look. As for NF maybe forget that one all together, unless it's $1500, and look for a different game.

#32 5 years ago

have both, like them both. no fear is more flow and speed. junkyard can be pretty mean, plus the swinging ball adds for some uncertainty with what the ball will do. if i had to pick one to sell, it would be junkyard. no fear definitely gets more play time.

#34 5 years ago

NF.. JY got old really quick with "run from spike" & shoot the dog,, if only you could skip them.

#35 5 years ago

NF gets old real quick. Junkyard blows it away. No Fear is a snore fest!!!

#36 5 years ago

NF shouldn't be over 2K...sold mine fir 1650 last year. Standard JY price has been 2800 for a long time.

They really are polar opposites as most people are saying. JY is very stop and go with a crap ton of video mode work which a lot of people don't like. NF is a fast puppy that turns a lot of people off. If you like STTNG the modes in NF are basiclly the same thing which doesn't bother me.
Non pinheads will like JY a lot more than NF if that factors in at all.

#37 5 years ago

Im going to look at the no fear tonight. He wants 2500 and it supposed to be absolutely mint, seems a bit high but if it has a warranty and is in great condition it may be worth it considering shipping one is 400. Will find out what comes with it tonight. There were 2 JY's for sale locally one for 3000 that had in issue, I offered 2500 and the guy screamed at me threw emails for 3 days, the other is 3500 and in real nice shape.

#38 5 years ago

Im going to look at the No Fear tonight. He wants 2500 and it supposed to be absolutely mint, seems a bit high but if it has a warranty and is in great condition it may be worth it considering shipping one is 400.

$2500 is a TON for that game...he'll be sitting on that for awHile.
Seeing a few NF in my day, there really aren't many PF problems that occur. No scoops to get blown out etc. Some wear in the inlanes form the habatrial drops but that's common.

The main thing is the condition of the jump ramp & magnets. Take a look and see how damaged the ramp is above the magnets...get your head back there and run your hand over it...VERY common for the ramp to melt in that area or "interesting fixes" to be made.
Make sure you test ALL 3 magnets individually, and then run the "accelerator" test which will run them the way they should in the game...a ball pushed very lightly onto the first magnet should shoot it up through the ramp very easily in the test.
Also make sure the skull talks...little coil/parts in his head add up.

There's my opinion you didn't ask for

#39 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. That is what I was looking for.

#40 5 years ago

NF. Fast and non-stop.

#41 5 years ago

Owned both. Sold both. 1800 and 3k. No fear I'd buy again it's great for the money. Junkyard gets boring fast... cool to own for a month or so but after that it's not so easy to sell (great for a family though, kids love it because it's easy and the wrecking ball is an obvious target.)

#42 5 years ago

I love my Junkyard. It is a beautiful pin. The toilet shot. The VW bus. The dog house. The old cars stacked up in the Junkyard with a tight shot past the wrecking ball. Not a fast playing game. It will get old if its the only pin to play. AC/DC premium may be something to consider too. Very fast and fun!!

#43 5 years ago

Im really surprised by the more popular pin maybe I don't wanna jy lol

#44 5 years ago

Working on a NF for someone right now and while it's fun, I won't miss it when it leaves. If it were a JY I'd be throwing him an offer.

Gotta agree with this, however. It kind of is.

#45 5 years ago

after playing NF last night, I think i am going to buy the new metallica. Playing that was cool.

#46 5 years ago

after playing NF last night, I think i am going to buy the new Metallica. Playing that was cool.

Ha, good choice. I sold my NF to fund my MET

#47 5 years ago

Depends on the price,
Junk Yards go for way more than No Fears.
To me, No Fear is a great bang for buck game.

#48 5 years ago

after playing NF last night, I think i am going to buy the new metallica. Playing that was cool.</blockquote

I think Met is a wise choice.

#49 5 years ago

There were 2 JY's for sale locally one for 3000 that had in issue, I offered 2500 and the guy screamed at me threw emails for 3 days

What's his email, I'll offer him 2400. I kid!!

#50 5 years ago

I got rid of JY pretty quick. Beat crazy bob and it just repeats...I am not that good either. I had only had three games though at the time so it may do better in a larger collection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warsaw, IN
4,950 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Plymouth, MN
$ 11.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside