Junkyard "Midnight Madness" mode!

By ThePostmaster

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Was playing Junkyard this weekend, at midnight, and the game went into a Midnight Madness mode. That was awesome. Any other games have this?

#2 12 years ago

Congo, DH, JM, NBAF, W?D...

#3 12 years ago

Midnight Madness mode? What?! Can someone explain?!

#4 12 years ago

On some games if you play and the game's internal clock hits midnight (usually at real life midnight, why would you have your pin reflect the wrong time?), there is a strange mode, usually involving a crazy multiball.

on JM the game seems to shut off, then the midnight madness lights and the crazy multiball starts.

#5 12 years ago

http://www.flippers.be/basics/101-midnight_madness.html

Midnight Madness is a special mode that's only available on a few WPC-95 Williams pinball machines.
The name reveals what it is: a special mode that only starts when the game is played at midnight..

Only these games have it:
Congo
Dirty Harry
Johnny Mnemonic
Junk Yard
NBA Fastbreak
Who Dunnit

I've never had to chance to see this yet, but it sounds fun

#6 12 years ago

I would love to see this creativity with the code come back. Easter eggs too!
I need some MOO damnit!!!

#7 12 years ago

I video'd my son playing mignight madness mode. I'll upload it to youtube, and post the link. I'm going to set the clock wrong on JY, so it goes into M M mode while the store is open. Should create some fun, watching people get it.

#8 12 years ago

Here's the link of my kid playing Midnight Madness mode.

#9 12 years ago

I have heard about the midnight madness mode but have never experienced it. Its an actual mode in ToM and it would be cool to achieve that at midnite. Overall, I think we need more creative programming like this. Im with Nimble.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've never had to chance to see this yet, but it sounds fun

+1

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I would love to see this creativity with the code come back. Easter eggs too!
I need some MOO damnit!!!

+1

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Here's the link of my kid playing Midnight Madness mode.

Very good example, thanks for the post.

#12 12 years ago

ya, when my dirty harry hit midnight mode..i was like YEAAAH!!!! haha
great idea

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

ya, when my Dirty Harry hit midnight mode..i was like YEAAAH!!!! haha
great idea

First time I saw this, I was STOKED

10 months later
#14 11 years ago

I just purchased my first pin and it is Junk Yard...However I can not seem to get midnight madness mode to start or the secret mode on the Time Machine. I have tried using my correct local time and changing the clock. Anybody know why?

#15 11 years ago

happened to me on a NBAFB on my 3rd game. So I was just learning the ropes and it goes ape-shit. It was an awesome surprise.

#16 11 years ago

If I was a programmer I would put all kinds of cool shit like this in my game. Hidden stuff, super cool!

#17 11 years ago

i've had mine for about 3 weeks and I haven't played at midnight yet(i live in an apartment complex). Balselly, you might have the wrong rom version.

#18 11 years ago

On the PC, Dungeon Keeper would have an extra level at midnight but only during the full moon.

It was never mentioned, and was a great surprise.

1 month later
#19 11 years ago

Thanks to "futurepinhead" for the pointer. It was the prototype ROM (version 0.3) Got an updated ROM from action pinball and now it's working, and so is "Secret Mania" in the time machine. Thanks again

#20 11 years ago

No problem, glad it worked out for you. I still haven't played mine yet, I just need to reset the damn time on that thing. Especially since it is not mine anymore and will be finding a new home in about a week or so.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If I was a programmer I would put all kinds of cool shit like this in my game. Hidden stuff, super cool!

I agree!

#22 11 years ago

If you just wanted to play a Midnight Madness, futurepinhead, the clock on the Zbar's Whodunnit is accurate. Midnight is a fine time to be there. You can see it coming for miles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junkyard-midnight-madness-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.