By ChadNC

4 years ago

Stats

• Started 4 years ago
  • 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by roc-noc

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Inkochnito
Uploaded by Soapman
Uploaded by BackFlipper
Uploaded by BackFlipper
Uploaded by idtattoo

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 4 years ago

Has anyone ever painted or did a custom Magic Bus on Junkyard?
I've seen a blue-white one and orange one but can't find the pics or who done it. Id like to do mine. Thanks for your help.

#2 4 years ago

I have seen where people put pictures in front of the windows to make it look like someone driving.

#3 4 years ago

Mine has a custom painted/decorated Magic Bus. I will try to get you a photo later.

#4 4 years ago

I had this one in my JY. The previous owner installed it. He said it was actually a Christmas ornament and just had to mount the bracket. It looked awesome!

Junkyard_Bus.jpg

#5 4 years ago

That's pretty sweet. Most die casts and toys aren't beat up and muddy looking like that one. Fits in well with the theme.

#6 4 years ago

thought about modding mine so the headlights lit up... maybe one day

#7 4 years ago

I saw one with LEDs in the headlights - looked great

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

thought about modding mine so the headlights lit up... maybe one day

PinballDecals sell a kit for the LEDs in lights

#9 4 years ago

Ebay always has a number of VW buses that would work in that area. I would imagine you would have to make sure that the scale was right before purchasing. The lighted headlights and some with lighted interiors really look great.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinitration:

I had this one in my JY. The previous owner installed it. He said it was actually a Christmas ornament and just had to mount the bracket. It looked awesome!

It was a die cast toy that they did for the holidays a few years back. They did a whole series of junkyard or rusted cars. It was made by maisto, i believe its 1/25 scale. It actually mounts really easy by running the original screws into the plastic under the bus.

#11 4 years ago

I wonder if 1:18 scale is about right

image.jpg

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I wonder if 1:18 scale is about right

I will double check tonight if you want. The one above was mine and I have another one at home in case I get a chance to buy backflippers in a few months or years.

#13 4 years ago

Damn, I want this game. :/ Great mods for the VW bus!

#14 4 years ago

1 18th scale is big. I bet that bus is 1 32nd.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

I will double check tonight if you want. The one above was mine and I have another one at home in case I get a chance to buy backflippers in a few months or years.

Thanks that would be great.

Quoted from Gnatty:
1 18th scale is big. I bet that bus is 1 32nd.

Wasnt sure. I knew it wasn't 1/64. 1/32 could be it!

#16 4 years ago

I cut out my windows, and replaced with light tint film, painted the bus like ken kesey and the electric kool aid acid test, (psychedelic), and added color change bulbs!! Sweet!
A small grateful dead sticker as well.

#17 4 years ago

It is actually made by maisto and is 1/25 scale. It is their Volkswagen van "samba". I included pictures with my fingers pointing to the mounting spots. The junkyards looking one is still availible if you do a search for it. It mounts really easy, the from hole is already on the model and the rear one you can just add.

image.jpg image.jpg
The one like I had in my game when I sold it to pinetration is availible on eBay for 19.99
Just search maisto samba rusted

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

It is actually made by maisio and is 1/25 scale. It is their Volkswagen van "samba". I included pictures with my fingers pointing to the mounting spots. The junkyards looking one is still availible if you do a search for it. It mounts really easy, the from hole is already on the model and the rear one you can just add.

Thanks alot. Gonna order one!!

#19 4 years ago

They have a few to choose from on eBay of you just search maisto samba

#20 4 years ago

Here you go!

fe8e20d8a4c97b8f01386abcc3da64e1.jpg

#21 4 years ago

Mirror blades look good too!

#22 4 years ago

Mirror blades look good too!

They (mirror blades) work good on this game. Here is the picture turned 90 degrees.

photo.JPG

#23 4 years ago

Paint it up like this.

mb.jpg

#24 4 years ago

Man all this junkyard talk makes me want to build a jalopy haha

3 years later
#25 4 months ago

Today I found a nice Magic Bus at a DYS shop.
For only 10 euro.

20161027_185917 (resized).jpg
20161027_185940 (resized).jpg
20161027_185851 (resized).jpg
20161027_190006 (resized).jpg
20161027_185954 (resized).jpg
20161027_190024 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#26 3 months ago

Old thread but can anyone possibly make me a set of brackets to mount a 1/25 bus? A gift for my boss but im not the crafty type. just send me a message!

#27 3 months ago

It actually can be mounted by taking the screws out of the bottom of the bus, and placing the bus on to the existing bracket and replacing the bottom of the bus. The side of the bracket slides between the body and the base of the bus. Then just screw the mounting bracket back in place. No permanent changes needed.

The top of the existing baracket rests against the top of the inside of the bis.

#28 3 months ago

thank you very much for the information. Was going to give it to my boss as a gift like I said. I wanted to be able to drop it in for him as easy as possible so I figured if someone premade some brackets I could buy them. I trust myself doing small things with tools but I wouldn't even trust myself to read instructions and assemble a piece of furniture LOL

#29 3 months ago

How to make perfect for JY? Check out this simply amazing detail work!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68373-skottomans-vw-samba-project/&page=1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PinSound
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
$ 24.00
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.