IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
IMG_4921 (resized).JPG
IMG_4916 (resized).JPG
IMG_4913 (resized).JPG
IMG_4904 (resized).JPG
IMG_4876 (resized).JPG
IMG_4899 (resized).JPG
IMG_4875 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

I believe the original aprons weren't decals - they were screen printed. You'll have to strip and powdercoat the apron, then put the new decals on.

1 week later
#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hmm gonna have to match up some wires with the complete proto pf.. these were cut already.

Those larger AWG wires are flipper wires there.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Just took a look under the proto pf- red proto lamp boards. Kinda cool, may throw these on the nos pf.. any reason not to?
Magnet. Wish I knew what the idea was going to be behind this.. I think it would be cool to use the crane action as a trigger to another micro controller to utilize the magnet. Of course new pf won't have magnet so moot point.

The magnet was planned to 'throw' the crane, to make it more difficult in hitting Jackpots, etc. It was later determined that the crane, just resting there, was difficult enough.

For the red board, entirely up to you. It's possible that if boards are different configurations, you won't be able to, but if they match, then sure. I would NOT throw out the boards you remove, though, as some lights may have moved switch matrix positions, and using the original boards may cause the lamps to revert back to older positions. (Exactly the case with the difference in wiring with the VUK kicker plug.) I would be sure to use the production wire harness, and before using the red boards, check them.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Everything sorted into bins. Done for today. Avoiding the next step cause it means I won't get to play jy for a good while.

Honestly, that was the hardest part for me on my TZ, too. To fill in the gaps, I installed VP on my laptop so I could play *a* TZ when mine was down.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

30l Ultrasonic ordered.. dang that's cash I didn't want to drop but I'm told it's worth it! Had to do something though cause now I've got parts that need some cleaning

Wow. Nice purchase! I did everything in my small Harbor Freight cleaner. That thing paid itself off five times over.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What size was the hb one? Harness in it too? I have no idea if 30l is too big or I could have gotten away with 22 or 15.. I def. want the harness in it though and maybe it will fit some larger items which could be nice

Mine is like, the 5l size, or smaller. I did the wiring harness, but it's so small that only sections at a time.

#56 7 years ago

Interesting pic there. I hope you took more of the game that you just didn't post here of the proto field before you stripped it.

That crane isn't production. (In that last pic there..) Very interesting. Maybe it's just missing the decals, not sure..

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What the hell are these magnets for? Is this an anti-electrical interference thing?

RFI - keep the signal from the DMD to the driver clean, reduce noise.

Quoted from Mbecker:

HEres some decal examples on the proto --
Note the folded corner on the "window shopping" decal, which was then mylared. Toast decals -- one IS pretty toast that was not mylared, toaster gun decal as well.

See, *Thats* the kind of crap I like, and why I'm interested in that playfield. What did that second insert say? ("TOAST GUN"?) Amazong how worn those are.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So there were supposed to be pop bumpers in the back right corner? I always wondered y that was such a waste of space....

Yeah, original design had one back there - but since the only way there was a weak shot to the ramp, they were deemed unnecessary. The pop bumper (going from memory here, so take this with a grain of salt) was circled by rubbers with point switches in them.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

True but unless it's a hard shot it probably wouldn't quite reach the bumpers. I'll have better pictures of it soon to gain a clearer picture of how it was setup hopefully

It's not supposed to.. When the diverter is "down", the ball should be routed to the doghouse..

#90 7 years ago

I believe those holes, on the last picture was how the ball could also get into/out of the single pop-bumper area. Remove the metal wall there, and put in a metal wall along the two holes on the edge of that artwork, and you have a nice path to shoot at - the DOG lane, diverter not acrivate, and ball heads straight up into pop bumper territory.

#105 7 years ago

Re: Green, Blue trough board. Was like this on all (most?) WPC-95 games. How to tell transmitter from receiver.

#110 7 years ago

Interesting, one was a slingshot. I wasn't aware of that - I knew there was switches, but not a slingshot. Neat.

#118 7 years ago

Interesting, I never noticed the missing lamp insert over (above) the crane. I also like how a couple of the 'junk' inserts are smaller in diameter than the artwork. Neat.

#134 7 years ago

When shipped from WMS, yes, NOS playfields had T-Nuts installed where necessary. Now, from repro manufacturers, they're not. (As far as I'm aware.)

2 months later
#194 6 years ago

Looking good!

3 months later
#235 6 years ago

Awesome..!

1 month later
#239 6 years ago

Nice shiny black cabinet there. Looks good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junkyard-early-proto-playfield-swap-and-full-restoration?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.