• Latest reply 10 years ago by Sonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mrs.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, just recently picked up a really nice JY, but having issues with the toilet bowl switch. It is the one in the bowl that records the number of spins, builds toilet jackpot and triggers sounds.

The switch work, but seems to constantly require adjustment. It will stop scoring even though it works and appears to be aligned correctly.

I saw some vague references to switching from the standard switch to a magnetic switch. Anyone familiar with this or any other fix....thanks!

3 months later
#2 10 years ago

You came to the right place....me : 0

I'm infamous for using MRS' for all whirlpool (Creech!!!) applications and just yesterday I did the mod on my new to me JY!!!

Just take out the Cherry switch - use a commercial grade (3M) double side sticky tape and get that MRS (no diode needed!!) right up where the old Cherry switch was and never mess with it again....and more flushes!!!

Matt

#3 10 years ago

Matt,

Can you cut and paste a web site on here where you can buy this switch? I'm having the same problem.
Thanks,
Mike

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Matt,

Can you cut and paste a web site on here where you can buy this switch? I'm having the same problem.
Thanks,
Mike

+1

#5 10 years ago

http://www.pinball.co/Products/7052-20-10293.aspx

This is the infamous - and often not easy to find - MRS 20-10293!! And can be used for many, many switch applications - and again wire to mrs.jpgmrs.jpgwire - no diode - no maintenance!

BTW - For all it's perceived simplicity, etc...I really like JY.....Scared Stiff, TSPP, Whirlwind & JD have all come and gone ahead of it.....

#6 10 years ago

Interesting item, I think I know how to those were made - will experiment and if successful will offer for sale...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

#7 10 years ago

Please do John - they can be used in so many ways and so easily....

1 week later
#8 10 years ago

OK, I spent a few minutes playing with one of the reed switches you pick up for doing simple alarm systems. Attaching the reed switch wires to my meter - open circuit as expected. Now put a small magnet on the reed switch so it just about trips, then move a steel pinball near - this will trip the reed switch in some cases, enough that my expectation is they simply used a second magnet to set the reed switch up so it was extremely sensitive to metal objects such as a pinball, causing it to trip.

Now if the original was a normally closed and the ball opened the reed switch that only means they either used a normally closed reed switch and a magnet to preset it, or they used a normally open reed switch and the magnet tripped the switch in such a manner that the ball would detrip it (less likely).

Play around with some reed switches, get the really tiny ones and some of the super magnets - tiny button ones are probably best.

I'm too busy now with some restorations (Maneater video for one) to do any more at this time.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

#9 10 years ago

Good progress John....my experience with them is as you first noted - they appear open in the switch edge testing (just like the Cherry switches they replace) and close upon proximity to a pinball or similar ferrous material...don't forget you can buy one and take a closer look! I've been using it for years in my Creech and weeks now in JY - flawless...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-toilet-switch-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.