• Junk Yard 43 votes
    34%
  • Road Show 85 votes
    66%

(128 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130328_180443.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

If you guys had to choose between the two, which one would you choose and WHY?

#2 11 years ago

Junk Yard, those heads on RS can be a big pain in the butt

#3 11 years ago

Roadshow, I love the theme and for some reason smacking the ball in the junkyard becomes very repetitive and annoying. My two cents. I find there is alot more variation and call outs in Roadshow plus who wouldn't love to mechanical heads in the same game

#4 11 years ago

RS
I declined to play Roadshow for years because I could not stand these heads. What a mistake! That game is a gem!

#5 11 years ago

Another vote for road show got rid of the first one I had and bought a second rs about 3 months after getting rid of the first it's an amazing game!!

#6 11 years ago

Junkyard. Fun video mode. Good toys. Good flow.

#7 11 years ago

Junk Yard.

#8 11 years ago

Road Show all the way. Of course I never met a wide body (machine that is) that I didn't like.

#9 11 years ago

RS all the way. And I don't even like that game much. But I am a firm believer in pop bumpers. Since JY does not have any, I shun the game.

#10 11 years ago

you need a poll.. I vote RS

#11 11 years ago

You missed everything.

RS

#12 11 years ago

I prefer Road Show

#13 11 years ago

JY by a mile!!

#14 11 years ago

RS by two miles!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RS by two miles!

LOL!!

#16 11 years ago

Crazy Bob

#17 11 years ago

poll added

#18 11 years ago

Road Show at 100 % so far I think this may be the next b title to blow up !!!!!

#19 11 years ago

Junkyard has too many long drawn out video modes that completely destroy the flow of the game.

#20 11 years ago

Roadshow. "Hit Something!"

#21 11 years ago

JY. Love the theme! But RS is good too

#22 11 years ago

I have to vote RS...hate the music, love the gameplay

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I have to vote RS...hate the music, love the gameplay

I love the music & the gameplay. The main music reminds me of a redneck version of the Peanuts theme ...it's the piano that's in there! Totally charming & unique soundtrack. Chris Granner rules.

#24 11 years ago

Thats a tuff one both great games, Road Show.

#25 11 years ago

Road show is one of the very few good values left in pinball can't beat it for the money !!

#26 11 years ago

I've owned both. Junkyard lasted about 3 weeks in my collection. Roadshow lasted about 2 years, and that's a long time in my collection because I rotate games frequently. Roadshow is a great game if you can get past the music. Lots to do and lots of modes. Very underrated in my opinion.

#27 11 years ago

Roadshow for me, very charming and fun

#28 11 years ago

JY- love the Addams family, Attack from Mars, and CREECh modes.

#29 11 years ago

Just had to make the same choice. Picked roadshow and I think I made the right pick! Much more to do and the rules re way deeper.

#30 11 years ago

JY was in my collection for 2 years. RS for 6 years and still going strong. So ya, RS by quite a bit.

Scott.

#31 11 years ago

Had both and still have the RS.

I am not a huge fan of pins without pops and JY is one of them.

#32 11 years ago

JY is always fun and friendly to play. Have not played a RS in forever but not a big Funhouse fan and bores me.

#33 11 years ago

Road Show big time. I got tired quickly of JY...shooting Spike with toast was lame after a bit. RS has a lot more to it...just turn the sound down.

#34 11 years ago

JY for me just dont care for RS

#35 11 years ago

ROAD HEAD !!!

#36 11 years ago

RS - Now that's Pinball!

#37 11 years ago

Road Show. This game is a real player and has some features on it that you don't see anywhere else. I have a serious love/hate relationship with the eeety-beety fleeper and the standup facing the top of the PF is pure pinball creative genius. The rules are not the most balanced, but the cross country journey of this table is undeniably entertaining.
Now, junkyard is fun and it does it's best to tell a story, but needs a marathon session with Mystery Programmer before I can take it seriously as a player. There's a reason why this game isn't seen in real tournaments any more.

Between the two games, I'd endorse RoadShow here even though it features a truly scary-ass-psycho-stalker-girly-candy-country-bubblegum-pop song.

Every little dream I dream about you
Every little thought I think about you
It drives me crazy when you go away
I oughta keep you locked up at home
And like a wild horse I wanna break you
I love you so much, I hate you
Every little thing reminds me of you
Honey when you leave me here all alone. - Carleen Carter

If a woman sang this song to/at me... I'd run away. Preferably to New Mexico.

#38 11 years ago

RS no question, 2 years and still enjoying.

#39 11 years ago

Nothing Better....lol

#40 11 years ago

Road show by a mile.

#41 11 years ago

Junk yard is usually more expensive than rs but its getting crushed in this poll. JY is a better looking pin and wins the coolness factor. I have only ever played a game or two on rs so I do not know which one plays better but jy is definitely a lot of fun. Either way, they both are easy to sell down the road.

#42 11 years ago

JY because it was the game I played when I first got really into pinball instead of as a side thing.

#43 11 years ago

I think both games are good, and I've owned both in the past. If given the chance to own one again, I would choose RS first. I am a fan of Lawlor and wide-body pins. RS has a good variety of shots, from easy to hard and plenty of ramp action. In summary, I would say RS has "more to do" than JY.

#44 11 years ago

If you go with Junkyard I know where you can get some sweet inner side art that I just put in mine.

IMG_20130328_180443.jpgIMG_20130328_180443.jpg

#45 11 years ago

Road Show hands down. Junk Yard is a boring sparse game. It's a completely open playfield with a few toys around the edges. Roadshow has tons of great shots that are complicated with many unique modes to complete and an awesome wizard mode.

#46 11 years ago

You really choose two games that don't get alot of love. Both seem to be a love it/hate it type of game. I've firmly in the hate Junkyard camp. The game is a whole bunch of aweful. There is nothing fun about the game. I would strongly suggest playing the hell out of one before making the decision to get one. It's a very, very hard game to sell.

Road Show is the clear winner to me. I love the game. It's completely undervalued. I've seen decent examples sell in the $2K range even in todays crazy market. The game has a ton of modes. I love working up the multiplier by hitting the ramps. The talking heads are great. I don't mind the "new country" type music when you get a jackpot at all. It's got non-PC humour which is awesome. The only thing I don't like is the talk radio multiball mode. The "blah blah..." gets really, really annoying. In spite of this, I own one. I love the game and have no intention of selling it unless I get a nicer example. Seriously undervalued given current prices.

Cheers,
duane

#47 11 years ago

BTW those graphics were done by ridicrick, arcadeskin.com

#48 11 years ago

I need to stop reading these great posts on RS. It's going to make me want to get another one. Loved that pin! Knew I'd miss it. Damn space issues!

#49 11 years ago

Both games have their annoying things about them, but both are solid too depending on what you are looking for.
Road Show if you have a smaller collection.
Junk Yard fits better in a larger collection.
I personally found Junk Yard too easy, I defeated the game & then some the very 1st time I pumped quarters into it. It was fun though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-or-road-show/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.