autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 9 years ago

Damn...putting a Cliffy on a Junk Yard is a pain in the ass.....but its done....now on to the VW bus mod...

#76 9 years ago

Got the Cliffy in this weekend (huge pain in the ASS), and during the journey - I bought and modified this bad boy - makes a huge improvement to the look of the playfield - doesn't do anything mechanical - but looks so much better....why only one headlight lit - because why would a junked out VW bus have both headlights working....the color matches the scheme better and it's a little smaller so it let's more light in around it....I got the thing on eBay for about $35 shipped it's from Maisto and it's 1:25 scale and completely detailed and die-cast - and best of all the thing is made to look like it came from the junkyard - it's truly beat up and rusted....magicbus.jpgmagicbus.jpg

#78 9 years ago

Correct. there is another protector that goes on the ramp as well - but the primary is the sewer hole....

#79 9 years ago

Doesn't it always seem when you spend a lot of time getting a cool mod done - then something(s) fail...already had the left inlane Cherry switch go AND the left flipper u-slot opto (kept the flipper up during gameplay).....never had any issues for months with the pin prior.....oh the joys!

1 year later
#101 8 years ago

Chain is too short - it should be just above the playfield...but not resting on it.....the wrong length chain is a very common problem I've seen with JYs.......

1 month later
#109 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hi, JY Club
I'm looking at Junk Yard as my next pin and wanted to find out:
1. What common problems to look for. I'm aware that the left ramp is often broken and the sewer probably gets some wear but what other plastics, parts and areas should I be sure to check out?
2. If anyone is thinking of selling or trading a good condition Junk Yard (or trading plus cash for a POTC) please let me know.
Thanks!

The plastics behind the wrecking ball are typically cracked/broken....sometimes the toliet bowl has a switch issue.....and the ball and chain are seemingly always an issue - the chain too long/short - the ball not the right....(and that ball/chain is nigh impossible to find)

4 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

I love my JY.....sure, it's not the most challenging, but the charm is in the bizarre, hodgepodge theme......

4 months later
#147 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Please check out my new Sewer Light mod for Junkyard from LeesParts.com. This interactive mod will light up your Sewer hole when it will score Time Machine, Start Adventure or Extra Ball. Thank you for looking!
http://leesparts.com/products/junkyard-sewer-light.html
Here is a video of it in action - » YouTube video

Got pics of the mod itself? How much is it?

6 months later
#169 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Congrats on getting a JY. From what I have seen this pin doesn't stay in collections for more than a year or so. I am keeping mine because I like the quirky theme & artwork, it's a good family friendly theme, guests like the game, and I like the music, also the going price on these is a good value for a DMD game. I wouldn't say it's a never sell for me.
Some things that keep me from playing it day after day are the stop and go with the dog video mode that interrupts what ever mode you are currently in and magic bus animations (no way to bypass them).
Post a pic or two of your machine. Also post your impressions of the game.

Summed it up the way I would've....

1 month later
2 months later
#310 7 years ago

From the latest ColorDMD clues - it would seem JY is next to get one!

9 months later
#434 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I got the side art, maisto bus, and 3d car mod installed. I love this game

Why are you leaving the JY club? Just saw your ad...

1 year later
#465 5 years ago

Just a little weekend project I'd been thinking about doing for years...thought I'd share as I finally executed the mod today.

On the Magic Bus ramp, I felt the ball stopper/microswitch arrangement at the top of the ramp was flawed in it's design. It is necessary for the switch to be activated at the same time it is stopped - and for my pin - sometimes that switch lever would 'hold' the ball after the stopper retracted - leaving the player to nudge the pin to get it to continue forward. I tweaked and messed with it for years, trying different lever styles and such - but during that time I wondered if an MRS would be perfect here. So with 3D printing technology and a handy Data East MRS - I made a simple bracket and got rid of the over-hanging microswitch for a maintenance free switch that does not touch the ball - thus doesn't hold it either.....works amazingly.....here's some pics. The one pic is of a nylon bolt and a brass nut - don't know if it was necessary - but why not go non-ferrous when close to an MRS.....simply green to green and white to white - no diode needed.....

20190201_194037 (resized).jpg20190201_194037 (resized).jpg20190201_194440 (resized).jpg20190201_194440 (resized).jpg20190201_220033 (resized).jpg20190201_220033 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#472 5 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Throwing this out to the group in case anyone has ever encountered it. It's more of a flipper rebuild problem than a Junk Yard one, but still...
Every time I hit the flipper button, the flipper will stop in a different position. It will go up slightly with each hit and stay there until it eventually gets stuck all the way up. So, I tried my first flipper rebuild today...bought a kit and swapped out the stuff in there (crank assembly, coil sleeve, EOS switch, spring) and it's doing the same thing. It does the same "stop in a different position," but now it even moves backwards (towards the player) and stops. Anyone ever encountered this?
I've tightened the bolt on the crank shaft to the point where I don't think the problem is that the flipper bat shaft is turning. There is some room for the flipper to move up and down. (Though I ballparked that based on the other flipper because I don't have a gauge.) How are flipper bats supposed to be attached to the shaft? I did have to push the bat back onto the shaft after I removed the flipper bat assembly. Could the flipper itself be spinning while the shaft is not? Again, this is my first flipper rebuild, so I'm not super familiar with everything just yet.
Thanks!

Gonna do mine tomorrow.....but it's old hat for me.....use a marker on the shaft - move the bat manually and see if the bat moves or the shaft moves... I doubt the bat is bad - but you never know....otherwise one of the things missing in these kits is the playfield bushing - which the shaft rotates in - make sure it's in good shape and not damaged....otherwise make sure you have some up and down play in the bat - the gauge helps - but isn't critical - just a little up and down is fine...make sure you put the coil sleeve in correctly(flange at the coil stop end)....otherwise, make sure the clamp isn't pushed all the way to the bushing on the underside - that can cause binding too....

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Gonna do mine tomorrow.....but it's old hat for me.....use a marker on the shaft - move the bat manually and see if the bat moves or the shaft moves... I doubt the bat is bad - but you never know....otherwise one of the things missing in these kits is the playfield bushing - which the shaft rotates in - make sure it's in good shape and not damaged....otherwise make sure you have some up and down play in the bat - the gauge helps - but isn't critical - just a little up and down is fine...make sure you put the coil sleeve in correctly(flange at the coil stop end)....otherwise, make sure the clamp isn't pushed all the way to the bushing on the underside - that can cause binding too....

Rebuild my flippers....right side was awful....and go figure...score 45mil on the first game....probably my best score ever on JY.....

3 weeks later
#491 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've got my junkyard at about 98%
I could use some advise for the folloiing issue.
When the ball is plunged it awards/starts whatever is ready at the sewer (or some toast). It does this about 80% of the time. The opto seems to be lined up well and works 100% of the time outside of the plunge issue. It makes the game so much easier though lol

So the spinner after the plunge isn't registering?

#495 4 years ago

Be sure to check the switches in the 'subway' beneath the playfield - that stages to the refrigerator....as well as the switches for the hole to the doghouse - one of those switches is having an issue...

3 weeks later
#505 4 years ago

Hey club.....sorry to say - I've left the club....sold my early production JY ($4100...not too bad..was gone in <24hrs)....it was time to move on - going to pick up an RFM for the lineup....I had JY for 5 years....highly underrated pin....was happy to contribute my magnetic reed switch experiments to JY owners.....oh, if anyone needs it - I'm not entirely sure I want to let it go - but I have an unobtanium part(s) for JY....a NOS wrecking ball with chain - impossible to find anymore.....just look me up....

2 years later
#628 2 years ago

Hey JY owners, we recently realized that we failed to develop an MRS solution for the JY toilet bowl after developing MRS bowl solutions for nearly every pin that has a Cherry switch on a bowl.....so to remedy that, we were needing some measurements if someone can help...MRS stands for magnetic reed switch - and it would be used to replace the Cherry switch in the bowl as a contactless, plug & play solution to allow for more spins and greater reliability.

We believe the toilet to be more ellipse than circle - so we simply need the major and minor diameters to model the ellipse....further, if someone can confirm if the switch runs over to the ramp entrance switch connector - that would be helpful so we could decide if the MRS should be unterminated or not...appreciate the assist!

Matt
M&M Creations

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It gets slightly wider than what I measured at the base - I’d call it 36.75mm x 46mm
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks @mbecker! For your trouble we'd like to send you the first JY MRS to try out for free! Please PM me ASAP and I'll get your info and get one in the mail before Friday!

Matt
M&M Creations

#634 2 years ago

Thanks so much Mike for your testimonial!

So this marks the official announcement of the Junk Yard toilet bowl MRS joining the M&M Creations catalog!

After designing so many switch-in-a-bowl solutions we don't know how we overlooked JY, but that's resolved now and joins: Creech, Cactus Canyon, Transporter, Mustang, Diner and Taxi. What's ironic is that I owned a JY and had modified it (prior to starting M&M Creations) with an original WMS MRS for this purpose - but spaced it when M&M Creations started up....anyway - as Mike showed - it simply adheres (it is very small) to the bowl and you simply solder white to white and green to green - nothing more...we can't connectorize it like the other bowl MRS' because it ties into a 3 position connector at the ramp entrance - and that would require someone to remove the pins from the Molex and such - you're better off just splicing...no diode - nothing else needed. Like all MRS' (except rollovers) it is $30....shipping is $5 in the US....just PM me direct for ordering.

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

1 year later
#727 1 year ago

I found an NOS ball/chain for JY in my stash of parts if anyone is interested in this unobtainium part....PM me....I haven't figured a price yet to be honest due to the scarcity.....open to offers

Matt

1 year later
#782 7 months ago

Just a heads up - we had a couple owners approach us about a solution for the Magic Bus switch. When I owned my JY I had the same problem - the switch would sometimes hold the ball after the post was released....

We gave firefighter and Talon2000 a generic ramp MRS to install - and for both it worked, but they implemented it in two very different ways - we decided that there was a cleaner way so we've created a specific/custom MRS solution - it's complete and curing and I'll be shipping it to firefighter for testing tomorrow - let's see how he does with it. And always - we have an MRS solution for the Toliet Bowl so you can get more flushes!

More to report later!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

1 week later
#785 6 months ago

Magic Bus MRS testing is complete...thanks to firefighter and Talon2000 .....the pics show how the MRS installs - 1 screw and the MRS is connectorized- so plug and play.....very easy to install...the purpose is to keep the ball from holding as the MRS provides contactless detection. Both Kev & Gene had the issue as did I when I had JY - although I rigged a less elegant solution for mine - it was still an MRS. Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpgUntitled(1) (resized).jpgUntitled(1) (resized).jpg

Simply PM me to purchase....don't forget an MRS for the toilet bowl too!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.