autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 10 years ago

Here is a mod you might want to try. I mounted a bright 4-LED inside the toilet bowl and wired it to the flasher right behind it. When you hit the bowl and while the ball goes around, it flashes a nice putrid shit-green from inside the bowl! Plus, when the ball drains it flashes along with the other flashers tallying up the score.

I also drilled out the bus headlights and put in two 3-LED yellow lamps. I wired them to the flasher close to it. I get flashing headlights during the game and also at the conclusion of the ball, as with the toilet bowl.

Both these are fairly easy to do.

The PF was very drab when I got this pin. I reckon it was meant to be that way since it is not a 'polished' pin and has all the earmarks of a dingy junk yard. But when I replaced the old incandescent lamps with super bright LED's, the pin came alive! I started seeing places on the PF that I had never seen before, especially up by the cars and the crane ball. It made playing it a much happier experience. The new LED's caused me to see what I needed to aim at and my scores increased, not to mention the upbeat feeling from all that flashing glory!!!

Mike in Kentucky

4 months later
#81 9 years ago

"I notice when I run from spike, the longer i last, the lower the score - that can't be right surely?"

I've noticed this too. It doesn't make sense! Anyone know why this seems to work in reverse?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You need to get into the "six million dollar man" mode to really move

That was funny! You mean I have to press those buttons even FASTER???!!!!!!! Whew-weeee! I don't think my fingers can GO faster . . . but I will give it a whirl.

1 month later
#91 9 years ago

Metal trough? You mean the trough where the balls drain under the apron? I'm having problems with the subway . . . ball not registering and have to shake the pin to get it to pop out from the refrigerator.

2 years later
#197 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Not sure how you would hook up the shaker - keep us posted

Yes. Please do let us know if you figure out how to make this work. Seems like it would have to be programmed into the game ROM before you could make it shake after hitting the ball.

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#208 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I mean that 2 balls loaded into the shooter lane and I had to shoot them both.

I didn't know you had a Junk Yard too! I love mine! But mine does the same thing as yours does every so often. Not real bad, but it happens. I love to play this pin when I've had a rough day and I take it out on that wrecking ball. I beat the living shit out of it to relieve tension! Haaaaaa!

Mike in Kentucky

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you don't like the "run from Spike" thing just collect the toaster right away... then you'll always get the "shoot the dog" video mode.

SO glad you wrote that! I HATE running from Spike. In fact, I can't figure out how you even get points from it. No matter how fast I hit the buttons he always catches me and the points don't make sense! Now, I can play without that interruption!!!

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#280 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i put some leds in the dog eyes and the bus lights up when the ball is hold by the diverter. In my opinion its a cool effect

Now, just put in a green LED inside the commode and you will have an AWESOME mod to this game. It's easy to do. Just mount it inside the commode (Toilette for you German guys . . . I lived in Germany for two years a LONG time ago!). Feel up in the backside of it and there is enough wood that you can easily put a screw/lamp socket in there. I attached it to the nearest flasher. It is SO cool. When you make the shot and the ball goes around and around in the bowl, it makes the light flash. Sort of makes you think of a very stinky commode. When a ball drains and the machine goes into its little cycle at the conclusion, my bus lights go off and the commode flashes too. I have as much fun watching that at the end of a ball as sometimes just playing the game.

Mike in Kentucky

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

How did you wire in the bus lights?

While sirlonzelot's method works, it sounds a bit over my head with the electronics involved. I just tied my bus headlights to the nearby flasher. It is very easy to do. I THINK I posted how to put the headlights in the bus WAY, WAY back in the beginning of this thread. Just take out the bus, drill out the two white places where the headlights are. But be careful and not drill outside of the headlight area. If you drill it perfectly, you can put an LED in there perfectly too. They will stay in there tight.

All I know is if I could do it ANYONE can! Haaaaaaa!

Mike in Kentucky

3 weeks later
#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

is the fridge a creamy off-white color on yours

Mine is a dull color sort of between tan and gray. It's dingy and dirty looking.

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#307 7 years ago

Now, THAT'S a novel idea!!! I've got some old screwdrivers . . .

Mike in Kentucky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.