autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Looks nice. Where did you buy the bus btw and how much are they? I've forgotten the company that makes them.

Maisto is the maker of that model. Search "Maisto van old friends" on ebay. They are pretty rare though. The non old friends version is readily available for cheap. I have one on the way that was labeled as the wrong scale, from my research they only made one scale size for that model, so I'm hoping they just had it listed wrong.

#349 6 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. Great shape junkyard, thanks GLSP3022 .

Has anyone ever considered the following mods for the game?

1. Adding a smoke generator to the magic bus and triggering an opening off of the insert for magic bus? That way when you get that mode it's like they are opening a door and the bong smoke is pouring out.

2. Adding a toast gun as a topper? I'm thinking about picking up a secondhand toaster and hair dryer from Goodwill and getting my crafting on. Probably add a red led inside and maybe some plastic toast.

#352 6 years ago

Has anyone ever noticed that the way the toaster gun is portrayed isn't consistent? On the playfield the hair dryer is under the toaster, on the backglass and on the dmd the hair dryer goes through the back of the toaster.

2/3 means I'm making it go through the toaster. Anyone have any plastic Toast? Surprisingly hard to find, haha

#357 6 years ago

Do people in this club recommend replacing the gi with leds? I'm wondering if the leds in this game are making it hard to see the ball during the strobing effect sequences. I find it very hard to see the ball when the lights go off and on in this game. Anyone have this issue too after going to leds?

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It CAN indeed be an issue. The way the GI's strobe on and off is disorienting in the dark. You could put in spotlights to lessen the effect but they would have to be tied to an always-on circuit (like the coin door lights) or they too would strobe on and off and make the problem worse.
Only problem with this idea is that the spots would be on during the pitch black opening sequence... kinda spoiling that a bit.
You could try purple spots first as they have more than enough white in them to light up the PF but look a little more "magical" than plain white spots - those simply look like somebody turned on an overhead light. Not very exciting.

Do leds make it worse though? I have heard that non ghosting leds tend to be strictly on or off, no slight fade like incandescent would have. Has anyone gone from incandescent to led and noticed that the strobing in the game makes locating the ball more difficult?

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My JM had the issue that the GI's deliberately pulse constantly throughout the game. This caused the LED's to "stairstep" up and down and was NOT pleasant.
So for that Herg's GI-OCD board made the effect work perfectly in JM.
If JY does the "pulsing" thing then the OCD board would make it much better with LEDs. If it's purely off-on (can't check right now as mine is not here at the house) then the OCD board may not help. Yes LED's are harder on the eyes than incandescent flashing on and off so you could go back to that in the GI and leave the inserts LED.
If this was a great feature all games (or at least MOST) would do it... instead it's kind of an annoying JY-only effect. It's hard to play the game comfortably in the dark and that's a shame.
If I keep mine (I've had it 15 years) I'm going the spotlight route to mellow the strobing GI. To hell with the intro.

Thank you for your reply. I would have to put incandescent back in to see if they step or just shut off.

Yes, the game is supposed to do the dark sequences, but I don't remember the one I played with incandescents being this bad. When the game was designed with this feature, it had incandescent bulbs. My question was simply if anyone noticed the effect getting worse from an eye strain and ball tracking viewpoint when switching to leds...

5 months later
#404 6 years ago

Finally got around to painting this. I'm happy with it!

20171111_192848 (resized).jpg20171111_192848 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Welcome to the club! Step one: remove glass. Step 2 place sock in drain. Step 3 shoot ball off tip of flipper at the sewer. Since it returns upon sucsessfull shot to left flipper just repeat practice shots over and over. I got that shot down. It's the crane shot that has my #

That's my lineup too!

It helps sometimes to focus where the ball needs to leave the flipper, not just where you want it to go. I found a cheat on this game for the toilet shot. Hold the left flipper up as the ball comes down from the fridge and it hop up and over to the tip of the right flipper. It kinda stalls there so it's easy to hit the toilet

1 week later
#425 6 years ago

I got the side art, maisto bus, and 3d car mod installed. I love this game

20180116_195621 (resized).jpg20180116_195621 (resized).jpg

20180116_195817 (resized).jpg20180116_195817 (resized).jpg

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I haven’t put enough time on mine to figure out a good scoring strategy — always just been trying to get to the final battle. What’s a good strategy for high scores?

Good question. I'm curious of everyone's opinion. I've heard a few tournament players say super skill shot and video modes. I guess if you were good at post passing you could just keep hitting the dog scoop, but that mist be mighty boring. I've had good scores by just playing the game and doing well in the modes

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

More junk = higher bonus
Alley scoop + ramp combo = bonus multiplier (maxes at X6)
Build the toilet value before playing GTA
Always go for fireworks
Outer Space is the biggest scoring opportunity
Mamuska and Saucer Attack are the only Time Machine games worth playing. The others are too dangerous. Skill shot awards are pretty random and shouldn't be relied upon.
It's the rare game where playing in order and advancing the story results in the highest score.

Just put up 127 million and left an extra ball on the table. Thanks for the suggestions all. I love that putting up big points isn't easy

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Why are you leaving the JY club? Just saw your ad...

I don't really want to leave as it's a fun game and maybe the first pinball I ever played. I've got a small collection so I have to switch it up regularly to keep it fresh. Not much free cash available to buy more games and keep jy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=pinballtilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.