Topic Stats

• 529 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JY12 (resized).jpg
JY10 (resized).jpg
JY9 (resized).jpg
JY8 (resized).jpg
JY7 (resized).jpg
JY6 (resized).jpg
JY5 (resized).jpg
JY3 (resized).jpg
JY4 (resized).jpg
JY1 (resized).jpg
3153D1A7-28E8-400D-9FB8-B4BC379245D3 (resized).jpeg
E665092F-6E0F-41A9-8A5E-61A2E90AFE30 (resized).jpeg
9A790445-89AF-42E7-84DB-90F465D7038B (resized).jpeg
75253480-A7F0-44DB-B93A-9AEB85B38E3A (resized).jpeg
48C47130-6A33-418C-96AB-DC46A4FABB3A (resized).jpeg
1D2E83CC-45FC-4E53-BB12-40FE2847602F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 2 years ago

Been working on a trade and last night it happened.. I'm in! This deal was kind of special -- came with a nos pf as well as parts and harness to do a pf swap (Will be my first).. the Playfield that's installed is a very early development pf with holes drilled where mechs were tried out and later removed, sticker decals applied in several places, etc. pictures were put up on ipdb by previous previous owner but I'll post a few here to share once I start getting going on the swap. Excited to get playing! I love this whacky theme

IMG_1581 (resized).JPG

IMG_1583 (resized).JPG

IMG_1582 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#299 2 years ago

Qustion owners -- is the fridge a creamy off-white color on yours or more "clean looking" white? Wondering if mine is supposed to be off-white, on one I saw recently it seemed like the fridge was a lot cleaner looking ...

#303 2 years ago

Hmm sounds like mine is normal then. Fits with the theme I guess, although I wouldn't mind one that was whiter/cleaner looking

2 weeks later
#305 2 years ago
Quoted from msjussaume:

Hi there - Does anyone have or know were I can get a set of ramp decals?
Looking for the Toilet and Main ramp decals.
Thanks

I would love to know also -- looked quite a few places. Found the refrigerator one but that's it so far

1 week later
#309 2 years ago

I thought they seperated? Could have sworn I've seen them for sale somewhere recently.

Does anyone know where you could purchase the main ramp decals?? Also the curved sticker on top of the curved crane car plastic back protector?

2 weeks later
#311 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

From the latest ColorDMD clues - it would seem JY is next to get one!

Yup.. just waiting for the news to drop from them.. been a wait since Wednesday, maybe when tpf finishes up?

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Man this would be great as JY has some of the best DMD art ever. Seeing Spike's snarling huge face colorized in the DMD will be awesome. Plus watching the jalopy fly around checkpoints and the big finish with Crazy Bob will be something.
It's going to be a lot of work for those guys though...hope they sell enough to make it worth it. Ah of course they will!

Yep - will look sweet! Never matters much how many they sell for a title though.. most of that work is all done by volunteer owners of the games putting the hours in (with some compensation, is my understanding)..

#318 2 years ago

Right on!!!!

Now has anyone integrated a shaker into their game triggered on crane hits yet?

1 week later
#327 2 years ago

OWNers -- can anyone help me here? I need a picture of the area in the attached image -- specifically which post types go where? Pictured is a development play field that was drilled for the pop bumper / kicker nest. I am repopulating a production model and the holes are different here since they dropped this from the final design... thanks!!

IMG_0452 (resized).PNG

#330 2 years ago

Thanks nomonkey !!! That's exactly what I needed!

4 weeks later
#338 2 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

So looks like the sample game that's been posted a bunch of times over the last few months is now in my possession! Time to do it justice and replace 3 broken plastics, install the cliffy's, cointaker LED's, TILT Graphics side decals and so forth. I'm on the list for the new 3D junk car mod. I'll also be adding ColorDMD and PinballPro speakers in a few weeks.

What color is on the pf lower sides along in/outlanes -- green or red? Curious to compare against my proto/sample game

#342 2 years ago

Looking nice!

Thanks for checking on art color -- the proto was green, wondering how many of those existed

2 weeks later
#350 2 years ago

^^ I like the smoke generator idea, but not sure it can practically be done and there's the question of what happens to that vapor -- would cloud up things fast and I'm not sure it's good for components. You have to refill those things too.

#354 2 years ago

Who's installed a metal bus? I have one off amazon -- started to install it last night but realized the bracket it made to install to the bottom of the roof of the rubber original with the hollow inside. Obviously the metal ones aren't hollow, and after drilling holes in the bottom I realized it's sitting a whole bus taller being mounted to the tranny area by the wheels rather than roof.

How did other people mount theirs?? Did you modify your metal bracket, mount it higher, or modify your bus to allow the bracket to pass thru inside and mount to roof like the original?

#356 2 years ago

Gave it some thought and decided to dremel the middle of mine out (it disassembled into a bottom, middle with seats, windows, and roof. Removed enough to get the bracket thru the bottom and middle, and drilled holes in roof for screws to go thru to secure with nuts. Added a socket and flex slow-change color led in middle of bus, with reflective tape on the inside of the roof.

Turned out pretty sweet imo. Pictures of assembly and final product:
IMG_3727 (resized).JPG
IMG_3731 (resized).JPG
IMG_3733 (resized).JPG
IMG_3732 (resized).JPG
IMG_3729 (resized).JPG
IMG_3734 (resized).JPG
IMG_3737 (resized).JPG
IMG_3739 (resized).JPG
IMG_3735 (resized).JPG

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Good write up! Also nice idea with the reflective tape.

Thanks -- can't take credit for tape though-- someone mentioned it earlier in thread

This is def a nice upgrade for jy though vs the blue rubber bus

#367 2 years ago

Any chance someone could help with verifying these connections? I missed getting these pictures before disconnecting & tear down... this is below the top of shooter lane by spinner. Plus the connection to the mini selenoid on the dog scoop.

IMG_3746 (resized).JPG

IMG_3747 (resized).JPG

IMG_3748 (resized).JPG

IMG_3749 (resized).JPG

#368 2 years ago

Also missing this one on opposite side under recycle targets - weird that wires are different so wanted to make sure I don't blow shit up when I fire this back on after 4+ months of work

IMG_3751 (resized).JPG

IMG_3752 (resized).JPG

#371 2 years ago

Still hoping someone has a reference photo or can snap one for me... I can't find what this connector is supposed to go to (it's under the spinner essentially, next to sewer). Is it just loose?
Thanks!

IMG_3775 (resized).JPG

IMG_3777 (resized).JPG

IMG_3776 (resized).JPG

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

when the cable wire is green /blue it goes to the upper right 3 bank top

Pretty sure this is purple/green and white/orange on the harness side. Can't reach up to targets.. gotta be something close to the spinner or sewer hole

#375 2 years ago

Ahh -- thanks! You got it, I'm missing my habitrail right now while it gets chromed - forgot it had a switch on it.

That chart should help with my other connectors as well though - was thinking it wouldnt work because I had different colors on harness side of connector vs the switch side but I just need to verify which switch it is.. harness side colors should all match matrix.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Got my 3D car stack...sweeeeeet

Im painting mine right now -- could you take a couple pictures in the light and post them? It would be super helpful for comparison and inspiration. Thanks!

4 months later
#397 2 years ago

That’s cool but $500 plus $200 shipping? Is that right?

1 week later
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Joined the club - fun game so different to the more serious games.
Anyone know if anyone is going to re-make the left ramp assembly?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21212

They are for sale from Australia. Just sold one I picked up from there a few weeks ago actually.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I saw the ones in OZ - just the plastic ramp though so how on earth do you un-attach the flasher and re-attach as it is riveted?

Drill the rivets. Same as you would do for replacing plastic sets that have rivers. I have a cheap ace hardware rivet tool - it worked fine although it actually riveted it so well that I couldn’t move the flasher holder after the first rivet and in trying to move it (it was slightly out of place for 2nd rivet) I accidentally broke the flasher piece. Luckily I acquired a nos set.. and thus sold the one from aus. But it’s totally doable just got to be more careful than I was..

2 months later
#427 1 year ago
Quoted from Buju:

That's a good looking junkyard! JY was the last game in the womans finals at the indisc tourney this weekend. My buddies wife had made it to the finals and I was sitting next to her coaching her up on scoring techniques on the game. The tourney winner picks Jy and almost gets 11 mill on 1st ball. " Avoid shooting at the crane" was all I could say to her. Sometimes I get pretty embarrassed explaining the rules of this fun, yet silly theme to people.

I haven’t put enough time on mine to figure out a good scoring strategy — always just been trying to get to the final battle. What’s a good strategy for high scores?

#433 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips !! I guess I was playing for points correctly after all just trying to get to outer space! Will have to hit more scoop ramp combos though - def did not know about that

8 months later
#457 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

3 video modes. It's one of my favorite games.

What happens after beating level 2 of shoot the dog? Is there a third?

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

There are several levels, each getting a bit harder. The dog switches back and forth mid screen.

So there’s kinda 5 video modes then in a way- the saucer attack, run from spike, and each level of shoot the dog.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Did you know on the saucer attack video mode you can hit the start button for a smart bomb? It blows up everything currently on the screen.

What?!? Lol can’t believe I didn’t know that - thanks for the tip!

7 months later
#511 6 months ago

Did you just grab that off Craigslist or where did you find it? (Curious what you paid, if you care to divulge (pm?) — I fully restored one a couple years ago and still have it.. have been wondering what it would go for

#513 6 months ago

Thanks for the info — I def do know Jp, I’ve transported his games to the show several years

I off and on have been thinking about selling mine. I am still working on trigger wiring for a shaker I installed, for when you hit the wrecking ball. Once I finish that and get done more games in on it I’ll probably look to sell it at some point although it’s hard because it’s by far my nicest pin and I put a ton of work into it.

Little surprised to hear jy up to 3800. I figure that puts mine around 5k - 5.5k to the right buyer.. colordmd, chrome legs, rail, lockdown new decals, new pf and every part replaced or refurbished. . Even at that price, never get all my time and money back

1 month later
#517 5 months ago
Quoted from Jszekeres:

I have been fighting to solve a problem on Junkyard. The Fork Lifter in the DOG lane (Scoop up) does not go all the way up. See my video. Now I have cleaned the whole assembly part by part. It worked, for about a week and the problem returned. Then I replaced the main coil for the lifter, scoop up (the coil that does the lifting). It worked again, for about 3 weeks. Now it is back. So I replaced the driver Q26. Still does not work. Then I replaced the switch and diode that is used to detect wether the scoop is up or down. Again it worked for a while and now the problem is back. So I am asking for some help, advice, maybe someone else saw this same problem and solved it.

Anyway. Please help. Thanks. Joe.[quoted image]

It looks from your video that it’s not latching when you cool fires to hold the fork up? I’d have to look at mine - but I’m assuming there’s a latch and a mini coil releases it? Is the latch loose from wear or worn and slipping? Is there play in it? That’s all I can think of.. or fork may be broken and causing that? The back piece (under pf, that is welded between the 2 forks) is intact still?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Itasca, IL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside