autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 3 years ago

Hi! I have been a fan of JY since it was new and I was a teenager. I bought my machine in 2009 but haven’t been very active in the pin communities the last 5-10 years. I am a purist person and mods are a no-no for me (everyone’s free to do whatever of course). The only ”mod” I added was a Vishay SMD LED panel because i grew tried of outgassing plasmas (but totally hate the grid lines of the other LED alternatives). I might do a write up on that setup if anyone is interested, since it wasn’t as straight forward as one might believe to get it to look right.

I made a teardown last year and wanted to replace the spinner and target decals but it turned out the ”original genuine” decals actually were very off in color as well as other details. I am a graphic designer so I decided to make my own, which I believe turned out better than any repros I've seen. I thought I might share them if someone else would like to use them. The files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olbwxmqq7fik1rs/AAAClTVvKZvbolyqNDMp4gXia?dl=0

I recommend using the Illustrator files to tweak the colors for a best possible match. I also made a simple 3D printed tool to cut perfectly circular decals, using a #11 scalpel blade. The files for those are included as well.

One last thing, I found an old thread discussing the preliminary manual for JY and there was a link to a scan of it that has since become dead. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-junkyard-prelimproto-manual

Do anyone still have the file and would like to share it? I am interested in all these kinds of curiosities regarding the game.

IMG_1120 (resized).jpgIMG_1120 (resized).jpgIMG_1128 (resized).jpgIMG_1128 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#612 3 years ago

Here is another thing I thought I would share. Most JYs have a dent in the metal trough below the sewer (part A-21227 for the assembly, or 04-10489.2 for just the trough). If it is really severe the ball might even get stuck there. It wasn’t that bad in mine but I wanted to protect it from further damage so I came up with this simple protector. This part is hard to find NOS so I would say it is a good idea to protect it.

There is not much extra space inside the trough so it cannot be too thick for the ball to come through. I made it of a sheet of 0.25mm polycarbonate, complemented by a 0.5mm protector part where the dent is. This small part (A) is put below the large protector (B), which I secured with a piece of double adhesive tape in both ends. It would probably work just as well with two pieces of part A in 0.25mm if you just want to buy a single sheet of polycarbonate.

I made two PDFs, one in A4 size and one in US Letter, to fit any printer. Use the drawing as a template, then just cut out the parts with a pair of scissors.

trough_protector_us_letter.pdftrough_protector_us_letter.pdftrough_protector_A4.pdftrough_protector_A4.pdf
11 months later
#682 2 years ago

I mentioned this in its own topic but in case someone is only following this thread, I wanted to point to my article where I found out some interesting stuff regarding the JY prototypes: https://medium.com/per.martinson/b84833fe7456

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Very interesting read, thank you!
Anyone that have added the missing pop bumper and kicker to a JY? Would be fun to see some pics/vids of it in action.
The physical ball lock sound great too but I guess the software doesn't support it even if we were to remake the hardware?

I guess adding the kicker and bumper to anything other than a prototype playfield would require a lot of drilling and leave some other holes left over. And no, there does not seem to be any known software supporting this. I would love to find some of the earlier prototype codes though, to investigate that. Or even just an early release log for the prototype software, which unfortunately was not in the engineering files I looked at.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=grandelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.