autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 8 years ago

Just made the plunge into Junk Yard madness. Should be delivered this week
The music plus artwork really got my attention.

Jeremy

#99 8 years ago

Is it just me or does Junkyard award extra balls way to easily? Seems to me if you play a bit and collect a few items by the third ball the extra ball lights up at the sewer. I have turned down the EB percentage as low as it will go.

I've been thinking about turning them off or setting it to give points.

Thoughts?
--
Jeremy

1 month later
#103 8 years ago

Here are some pics from my machine. You could also have an issue with the crane mech hanging up.
PB182170.JPGPB182170.JPG
PB182171.JPGPB182171.JPG
--
Jeremy

1 month later
#107 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hi, JY Club
I'm looking at Junk Yard as my next pin and wanted to find out:
1. What common problems to look for. I'm aware that the left ramp is often broken and the sewer probably gets some wear but what other plastics, parts and areas should I be sure to check out?
2. If anyone is thinking of selling or trading a good condition Junk Yard (or trading plus cash for a POTC) please let me know.
Thanks!

Cool, I love my Junkyard. It fits the theme of my basement

On Mine the scoop for the fridge was broken. Some welding by one of my coworkers fixed that right up. Also the coil stop bracket for Spike broke, but a quick weld fixed that right up. Be aware of anything missing. The ramps, scoops, ball troughs, crane mech, are all unique to junkyard and not reproduced.

Keep us posted on your search.
--
Jeremy

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

2015-11-28_16.53.12_(resized).jpg

Nice artwork on the coin door! And nice show chrome quality legs

-lets see some more of this machine!

2 weeks later
#116 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hi Junk Yard Club!
I'm nearly a member! While I'm waiting for the truck to arrive, I've started to put together a ring kit, based on the diagram in the handbook, but I have a few questions:
1. It looks like there are rings in the upper right corner, behind the bus, but they're not called out in the diagram. What's there? What would I need?
2. The kit calls for 3 1/2" rings (F), but the locations called out (behind the refrigerator, under the refrigerator ramp and below the right recycle targets) not only look like completely different size shapes, none of them look like a 1/2" ring will fit. What should go there?
3. Is there anything missing from the kit? The rubber list in my TOTAN manual omits two important rings and at least six other, minor pieces.
Thanks!

Congrats on getting your Junk Yard
There are some rings WAY back there under the bus - the ball hardly has enough speed to make it back to the corner after going through the bends and twists. I will take a look tonight and post what I find.
--
Jeremy

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

But that space below the refrigerator ramp still looks too big, even for a 1.5" ring. Maybe I'll get an extra 2" just in case?

I purchase rubbers in bulk so when installing new rubber I can change out the size if I don't like how it fits. But I took a look at my machine tonight. Both rubbers under the fridge are 1.5". In the far back corner under the bus there isn't any rubber on my machine. It really doesn't need it as I have only seen the ball get 3/4 of the way back there and that was only once or twice. It just doesn't have a straight shot to get back to that corner.
--
Jeremy

P.S. take a few photos of your new Junk Yard when you get it.

DSC02495_(resized).JPGDSC02495_(resized).JPG

DSC02496_(resized).JPGDSC02496_(resized).JPG

DSC02497_(resized).JPGDSC02497_(resized).JPG

DSC02499_(resized).JPGDSC02499_(resized).JPG

DSC02500_(resized).JPGDSC02500_(resized).JPG

#120 8 years ago

You're most welcome.

I'm slowly customizing my machine. Since I like incandescent bulbs I have changed some to colored. I put in blue flashers behind the car targets and changed the GI by the crane to red - it really pops. Here's what I did a few days ago - changed the DOG to green.
DSC02494_(resized).JPGDSC02494_(resized).JPG
I guess I have an issue living with clear inserts
--
Jeremy

#122 8 years ago

You have some good ideas! I will eventually be changing out the original magic bus model with a die-cast that I already own. But I want to give it the flower power treatment to fit the theme. With lighting I was thinking of color changing leds in the GI under the bus. Something with disco lighting would be really cool when the ball is held on the ramp hmmmmm

1 week later
#124 8 years ago

Yea, it made it in one piece! Looks great so far

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I love my JY.....sure, it's not the most challenging, but the charm is in the bizarre, hodgepodge theme......

Agreed. To make mine more of a challenge, the extra balls are turned off.

4 weeks later
#132 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

I have a question about the T7 Test (Sound and Music Test) for the Williams Junk Yard: how many sub options are included in the software for this model to hear the different melodies, voices and sounds?. I only have two options in my machine (T7-01: 1st Tune and T7-02: 1st Sound) 1st Tune can be heard and there is only silence in the 1st Sound. Is this correct?
Robert

Yep! That's what I get as well. My machine's sounds are working properly.

2 weeks later
#134 8 years ago

Looks great!

1 month later
#137 7 years ago

Welcome to the club! I also have a die-cast van to install. I was going to make a bracket and fasten it where the old bracket went on the PF.

1 month later
#145 7 years ago

Wow, that is a junkyard bus! I'm looking forward to your lighting mods.

4 months later
#156 7 years ago

Mine needed most of the micro switches replaced. Well worth it

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from atothesquiz:

Thanks for the advice! Again since the machine or the manual is not in front of me right now, is the alley switch on the playfield or is it in the subway but before the sewer subway switch? If it's in the subway, do you have any recommendation for accessing it or adjusting it easily?

The switch wire pokes up through the playfield. The switch is under the playfield.

#160 7 years ago

A single coin slot is a good indicator of a re-import. Missing front artwork, I'm not so sure of. Possibly due to the age of the machine?

#163 7 years ago

That does look very nice. Good luck on the sale.

1 month later
#165 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I get my machine tomorrow. I like to know whats the best game code. I read that 0.3 has more modes and is more challenging , so is this the version to go ??
Thanks

Congrats on getting your machine.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Picking up a Junkyard this weekend. So tell me club... How much do you like JY? Is it a never sell for you?

Congrats on getting a JY. From what I have seen this pin doesn't stay in collections for more than a year or so. I am keeping mine because I like the quirky theme & artwork, it's a good family friendly theme, guests like the game, and I like the music, also the going price on these is a good value for a DMD game. I wouldn't say it's a never sell for me.

Some things that keep me from playing it day after day are the stop and go with the dog video mode that interrupts what ever mode you are currently in and magic bus animations (no way to bypass them).

Post a pic or two of your machine. Also post your impressions of the game.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I don't mind the video modes - I think it's great to have an alternate way to collect junk and fireworks from the left flipper and it adds variety to the gameplay - but I agree that there are often too many of them. My record in a single game is Save the Girl Level 16, which got really boring. Also, in my hypothetical code update, I'm thinking one could advance D-O-G during adventures but not start a video mode until the adventure is done.

Level 16, cool! What's the highest level of run Spike that you have done? Level 4 is it for me.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys, What is the setting to enable attract mode music if there is any? Can't seem to find it in the manual

I don't think there is a setting for that. I also looked at the settings on my machine. Nothing there except the end of game bong sounds (doesn't seem to do much).

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I try that all the time but what seems to happen is, the ball hits that left rail with so much force that it bounces off of it, hits the center post between both ramps, and comes right back down to the flippers.

Do what pool players do - practice that shot over and over. Take off the glass, drop a ball on the habit trail that feeds the RH flipper and work on the timing. You will get it, the trick then is adjusting your timing with the ball speed as it heads into the in-lane.

#195 7 years ago

Congrats on the new pin! Not sure how you would hook up the shaker - keep us posted

A popular mod is changing out the Magic bus with a diecast model (look at earlier posts in this thread).

The fridge 3 ball popper gets a lot of abuse. Inspect for broken/cracked welds.

1 week later
#202 7 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard

#205 7 years ago

Not normal. Check the shooter lane switch, ball trough for divots and trough optos for proper operation.

My junkyard has had a lot of plays and most of the micro switches were bad.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just picked it up. My wife's brother is a plumber and was at a friends house working on something. The guy asked him..."Know anybody who wants to buy this pinball machine?" I got the call and picked it up within 20 minutes! He said he paid $4,500 for it. My buddy is coming over this weekend to check it out and see what it needs.
I think the shooter lane spring is weak as I have a hard time shooting the ball. A couple of the leg screws are stripped. After I play for a while, I may be putting it up for trade.

The shooter really needs a weak spring because the shooter lane is very short. I would check the shooter hits the ball square in the middle. Mine also had a worn auto plunger that would interfere with the shooter rod. Congrats on your purchase, looks nice.

#217 7 years ago

Sewer hole - located on the far right hand side, below the D O G area and above the 3 blue stand up targets.

1 week later
#274 7 years ago

Good rules discussion! I believe the flashing magic bus insert will time out (shut off) if you don't make the ramp soon enough.

#277 7 years ago

How did you wire in the bus lights? I'm thinking of something similar.

Good looking machine!

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

While sirlonzelot's method works, it sounds a bit over my head with the electronics involved. I just tied my bus headlights to the nearby flasher. It is very easy to do. I THINK I posted how to put the headlights in the bus WAY, WAY back in the beginning of this thread. Just take out the bus, drill out the two white places where the headlights are. But be careful and not drill outside of the headlight area. If you drill it perfectly, you can put an LED in there perfectly too. They will stay in there tight.
All I know is if I could do it ANYONE can! Haaaaaaa!
Mike in Kentucky

Thanks Mike

2 weeks later
#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Qustion owners -- is the fridge a creamy off-white color on yours or more "clean looking" white? Wondering if mine is supposed to be off-white, on one I saw recently it seemed like the fridge was a lot cleaner looking ...

Mine's a dingy off white closer to tan. I've thought about painting it a brighter color.

1 month later
#324 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I installed my ColorDMD today and it is awesome. 100% recommend.

Post a pic or two of it installed in your game.

3 weeks later
#335 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Just joined the club!

Welcome!

1 month later
#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Gave it some thought and decided to dremel the middle of mine out (it disassembled into a bottom, middle with seats, windows, and roof. Removed enough to get the bracket thru the bottom and middle, and drilled holes in roof for screws to go thru to secure with nuts. Added a socket and flex slow-change color led in middle of bus, with reflective tape on the inside of the roof.
Turned out pretty sweet imo. Pictures of assembly and final product:

Good write up! Also nice idea with the reflective tape.

3 weeks later
#381 6 years ago
Quoted from brg126:

Hi Everyone,
I recently picked up a JY and finally got it playing great after some cleaning and minor fixes. Has full LED's, new VW bus, and just put in the 3D car stack (looks awesome).
But, I did just notice something a bit odd. When I have an extra ball light on for the sewer, if I hit the dog shot it registers and I get the extra ball. So it seems to just register the sewer when it definitely should not be. Anyone have this happen before? thinking a switch that does not always register? No credit dots right now either.

There is a (roll over?) switch leading to that shot. Check it out. I ended up replacing all the micro switches on mine.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from brg126:

That was it! After some testing, I discovered that if the ball misses the switch before the dog hole, the game registers it as a sewer hit instead. During play the ball was just not pushing it down enough. Just had to bend the metal leaf on the switch to make sure it registered during every rollover.

Excellent! Glad you got it fixed.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Selling the sweet sample Junkyard to make room for another pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51612

Good luck on a quick sale

4 months later
#400 6 years ago

Welcome to the club

1 month later
#415 6 years ago

Welcome!

#417 6 years ago

Welcome to the club. My JY sits next to CP as well

4 months later
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

So just joined the JY club and love the machine!!
Have just noticed that I am missing the flasher that is near the buzzard in front of the fridge!! What is this for and what does it do please? Would love to re-instate it on my machine. "snip"

It flashes a few moments before the ball pops out of the fridge to give you a warning.

#446 5 years ago

Welcome!

3 months later
#452 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

bump... was thinking maybe crane yellow... thoughts? hello? bueller? bueller? anyone?

I'm not big on painting those items. But I'm not against anyone doing it to their machine.

2 months later
#455 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Played this for the first time tonight. What a blast!! Love the shoutouts to earlier games. Had no clue! First one I hit was The Mamuska (and then triggered the multiball right after)! I was grinning from ear-to-ear for the 45 minutes I played this pin!!

Cool, there are indeed some hidden gems in Junkyard.

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What happens after beating level 2 of shoot the dog? Is there a third?

There are several levels, each getting a bit harder. The dog switches back and forth mid screen.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

So there’s kinda 5 video modes then in a way- the saucer attack, run from spike, and each level of shoot the dog.

Did you know on the saucer attack video mode you can hit the start button for a smart bomb? It blows up everything currently on the screen.

3 months later
#466 5 years ago

Neat idea. On my game the ball will sometimes bounce backward & then the past will drop.

1 month later
#477 5 years ago

Congrats on the repair.

3 weeks later
#494 4 years ago

I'm not an expert in troubleshooting WPC games but have you tried looking at the switch test? It will show how the optos are reading.

1 month later
#510 4 years ago

Welcome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=PM_Jeremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.