autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 9 years ago

I'm going to resurrect this thread, mainly because I fell in love with the game again. I had one back when it had first came out, and was unimpressed - sold it fast. However, maybe because I'm older or more cynical, but I played a few versions on VP, and had a blast. Some things brought to mind -

How often do you get 'All Of The Above' for the Magic Bus? (Is there something that causes this to be awarded, like a flipper code, or is it just random?) Two games in a row I had this awarded - the FIRST time it was awarded, 'Lite Extra Ball' was listed THREE times. My EB adjuster must have been way low..

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

My neighbor just got a JY, couple of questions:
- is it possible to turn the match off?
- what adjustments are made when tournament setting is on?

- Turn A.1 19 to 'Off'
- Look in the manual, several things are modified.. Likely jackpot values are evened out, as well as random awards.

10 months later
#112 8 years ago

Geeeez. Go for Red flipper rubber at least - better bounce and requires more skill to control and pass the ball!

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I'm getting Titan Competition Silicone - plenty bouncy and super-durable.

Okay, that's good. (I'm still old-school.. back in my day, red was bouncy, black was dead. People had their preference.. Now, I see something with black flippers, and groan... forgetting that options are now available.. )

2 weeks later
#128 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Yes! It has a story with such specific details that it seems like it was based on cartoon that never got made. I love that it references other pinball games.

It would have been absolutely fantastic if some game they made in '99 actually had 'Night Mission', like the Time Machine references.

3 months later
#143 7 years ago

For the record, they're not #906 with twist sockets. You're lookin' for #86's then. (I think.. maybe #89.. I can't remember at the moment..)

4 months later
#152 7 years ago

I don't have a Junkyard, but plan on getting one. So I'd take one of those ramps.

4 weeks later
#161 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

A single coin slot is a good indicator of a re-import. Missing front artwork, I'm not so sure of. Possibly due to the age of the machine?

I really, really like the one-slot doors. I actually will buy ones to replace the other doors I have. (I put electronic multi-aceptors in my games, and they'll only fit in the single-slot doors.)

1 month later
#172 7 years ago

I would have to agree - while I don't own this game (yet), I do want to get one. I play it a lot on my laptop when I'm commuting, and when the video mode starts - I just let the timer run down. The score awarded isn't worth the time.

I wouldn't mind cracking into the ROM and just skipping the mode altogether.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did the proto rom support the magnet that was design in the proto ? Is that a cool effect ? I think its a easy thing to put in. So anyone done this ?

The earliers software I have, 0.3, did NOT support the magnet.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I think even before any software was done that Williams had decided that the magnet was going to be "toast".

I believe v0.1 supported the Magnet - though I can't find a copy anywhere. The early sample game that was on display at Greater Southern Dist down in Atlanta when that game was released had a magnet, and it 'threw' the crane at some times.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the 'magnet' in mine is just a core with nothing connected to it... if they're all like that no amount of firmware will help. Are they ?

You'd need to wire it up, of course.

3 weeks later
#230 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OMG!! Just played 6 games! What a fun pin!! The screen looks perfect now…I had batteries pulled out.
Please tell me Junk Yard has 3 ball multi ball. I removed one ball from the machine and now it plays excellent.
I don't know what does what. I see flashing lights. I saw the dog move. The Crane goes up to let you get by.
I took a few more pix…and some of the boards…I'll download...

Interesting -
What version is your game software? You have a magnet under the crane, and your sound ROM level is 0.3 - really early for sound.
Hopefully, if you have some early software, you could have an earleir sample ROM that utilizes the magnet.

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does this mean anything? Or, how do I get information?

That's it - Rev 1.2. Unfortunately, not even a pre-release code, so, no luck there. Thanks for checking though.

#248 7 years ago

I'll be the odd one out and say that I hate ALL of the spike modes. At least with the 'Run' one, I can get it over with *sooner*.

#254 7 years ago

On an unrelated note - has anyone figured out the flipper code that 'counts down'?

In a virtual pin game, I was able to get it down to '3', but no further.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The bus ramp does all the re-lighting for both. Shoot the bus ramp a certain number of times to light Magic Bus, Collect Junk, Choose Junk and Window Shopping. Some day I'll write down how many it takes for each.

Okay, here's a stupid question then..

What'd the difference between a flashing 'Magic Bus' insert, and a solid one? If you get a Magic Bus award, and then re-light it in the same ball, the insert starts flashing. Then, if you drain, it relights solid.

I just figured it was a bug in the code..

3 years later
#547 4 years ago

You're gonna need a bigger game.

10 months later
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Spreading apart the tilt switch on the coin door will solve that issue

... Assuming it's not a matriox issue. (Bad diode, short, etc.)

1 week later
#610 3 years ago

Keep in mind, high-voltage interlock. The flasher won't work unless the coin door's closed. LED or not.

1 month later
#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Wife made these for our Junk Yard...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This would be fantastic if the Devil takes your coin and just does not give you any credits.
And the Angel gives you 2x the amount of credit per coin that's displayed.

2 years later
#791 7 days ago

I believe that Crazy Bob IS the Wizard Mode. After this? You start over and gotta do it again.

#794 7 days ago
Quoted from Zee:

He said that they were on DAT tapes in boxes in storage or something and he didn't even have the equipment to reproduce it anymore, and besides which he was upset that he was cheated out of payment for that job anyway!

IMHO, aside from the part being upset about the lack of payment (really? that is surprising, but a real damn shame to hear ) - the lack of method should not be a showstopper - there's thousands of 'antique' audiophile geeks out there that likely has ALL the equipment necessary to pull the originals off.

#798 6 days ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Some other (later ?) games apparently had a lot more layers for their advanced stages.

Yeah, like Scared Stiff, it's not as deep as some other games (like MM comes to mind). I cannot recall if there's a special little mode when you get all the rewards on the backglass or not. I'm sure some of it has to do with the design team and WMS themselves, moving the team onto the next project.

Quoted from Heretic_9:

I can tell you that there are scads of special interest forums out there -- much as Pinside is for pinball. It would just be a matter of finding the right forum and connecting with the right person there.

IMHO, AudioKarma would probably be the best bet in this case. Assuming anything ever comes of it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.