autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#564 3 years ago

Hey All, just joined the club! My first grail pin! I read all 12 pages. I saw several owners installed NVRAM. NVRAM is great, however, you won't be able to set time and date with NVRAM, so midnight madness will be difficult to obtain. I love midnight madness!

2 months later
#582 3 years ago

Hey All,

I added the custom VW Hippie Bus to my Junk Yard. I documented it step by step. I know there is another thread out there, but I did this in case anyone needed a little re-assurance around doing this Mod. It was easier than I thought!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-custom-hippie-bus-vw-revisted

3 months later
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Rookie question from someone who has owned this game for a substantial amount of time. How does one change the backbox bulbs? I recently moved it in my gameroom to a darker corner and realized that nearly all of the back box lights are out. I don't think I've ever changed them and I'm worried that I'll break that plastic container or some wires if I start yanking them out of there. Checked the manual and the internet with no results, so I'm sheepishly coming in here to ask for help.

Have to take the glass and translite off. Unplug it and do it on a table.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hi,
Quick question on behalf of someone I recently sold my JY to --
He says that sometimes (Randomly) the game will reset back to attract mode in the middle of a game. I advised re-seating all connectors in the backbox. Trying to think of other possible causes.. 5V regulation? I figure that a 5v problem might reset it completely to a reboot though, not to attract... other ideas?

Definitely the 5v. The Kahr board can circumvent the issue. People will say it’s not a fix, however, it can work for many years to come.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

Howdy all - new JY owner courtesy of mbecker and am experiencing the problem he mentions in the post above. Is there a way to monitor/measure the 5V to confirm the issue before buying and installing the Khar board? Completely new at this so any help is appreciated! I'm going to try to get a video next time I play.

You can measure the voltage at the test points or pins for the plug.

1 month later
#614 3 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

So it is a bulb in a bulb holder that twists out. I removed it, bent the connectors out a bit, and tried it again but to no avail. I'm unclear on your soldering fail comment as it plugs into a board. Where should I look for a soldering fail?
[quoted image]

Little holes get worn into the board solder where the bulb twists in causing a poor connection. Usually what you did works, but not always. You would have to remove the board to freshen up the solder for that bulb holder.

10 months later
#653 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

Hey everyone - couple of things I'm looking for help on. First, about 20% of the time when a ball ejects into the trough it bounces back off the wall and comes to rest here (pic). The coil and sleeve seem fine - I actually think it might be because the ramp the ball travels up from the coil mechanism isn't high enough/flush with the playfield thereby creating the spot it rests in. My questions are:
1) Has anyone else experienced this? Any obvious fix?
2) I'm trying to remove the apron to make it easier to access this area but it seems like all the screws are under the apron. I've barely squeezed my hands/tools in through gaps and gotten three screws out but the ones on the right side seem impossible. Am I being dense here?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

To get apron off take screws off back and slide apron forward.. there are hooks in the front

3 months later
#699 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yea thread is pretty much dead. I just bought one at tpf. Cab was average. Playfield is pretty nice. Leds and colordmd. Think I gave 5500 for it. Give or take 100.

As an owner, not sure I’d know the going price… thanks for posting this, now I know!

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from leonml:

Still curious, with the issues it has, is it with 5000? Offer should i wait for something better? I see some at 7000 asking, but no sales near that

Only worth what someone will pay. I would not pay $5k for this junkyard

7 months later
#750 1 year ago

I grabbed a friend's junkyard van to paint up and I am not sure if I want to rust it up. I went with the hippie vibe and I think it came out good. Should I now make it look old or leave it be?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</block>

I bought the one from eBay and added a purple LED.

Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
#751 1 year ago

I couldn't get image to post, sorry.

Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Maruebe:

Hi, I bought a JY in 2013 and it is still my favourite machine!
I had a reset recently as I did not change the batteries on time...
Since then, I have this very loud knocker noise every time I score an extra ball in the sewer.
I did not have this before. It annoys the f*** out of me and surely worries my neighbors.
Any idea how to switch the knocker off?
Is there a setting in the menu (I cannot find it in the manual) or do I need to fiddle with the solenoid?

I would think you could change that in settings.

1 week later
#762 1 year ago
Quoted from Mttw:

I am converting the back box lights into led. The holders are brittle and breaking can someone post me a link where I can get replacements?

This kind of looks like it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8818

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.50
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome?tu=ChrisPINk25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.