autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Joined the club - fun game so different to the more serious games.
Anyone know if anyone is going to re-make the left ramp assembly?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21212

They are for sale from Australia. Just sold one I picked up from there a few weeks ago actually.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

They are for sale from Australia. Just sold one I picked up from there a few weeks ago actually.

I saw the ones in OZ - just the plastic ramp though so how on earth do you un-attach the flasher and re-attach as it is riveted?

#403 6 years ago

I saw the ones in OZ - just the plastic ramp though so how on earth do you un-attach the flasher and re-attach as it is riveted?

Drill the rivets. Same as you would do for replacing plastic sets that have rivers. I have a cheap ace hardware rivet tool - it worked fine although it actually riveted it so well that I couldn’t move the flasher holder after the first rivet and in trying to move it (it was slightly out of place for 2nd rivet) I accidentally broke the flasher piece. Luckily I acquired a nos set.. and thus sold the one from aus. But it’s totally doable just got to be more careful than I was..

#404 6 years ago

Finally got around to painting this. I'm happy with it!

20171111_192848 (resized).jpg20171111_192848 (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Drill the rivets. Same as you would do for replacing plastic sets that have rivers. I have a cheap ace hardware rivet tool - it worked fine although it actually riveted it so well that I couldn’t move the flasher holder after the first rivet and in trying to move it (it was slightly out of place for 2nd rivet) I accidentally broke the flasher piece. Luckily I acquired a nos set.. and thus sold the one from aus. But it’s totally doable just got to be more careful than I was..

Well, I just ordered. Glad they are available.

And they sell the receptacle and socket, plus decal.

So, just the rivets and it's a new ramp.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=junk+yard+ramp+

#406 6 years ago

I'm having a weird switch issue on my game and wonder if someone here can help. I've described the problem in a separate post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-flippers-trigger-playfield-optos-junk-yard

Thanks!

#407 6 years ago

OT: Maaamuschkaaa!!!!

IMG_20171115_144020 (resized).jpgIMG_20171115_144020 (resized).jpg

#408 6 years ago

Joined the club - fun game so different to the more serious games.
Anyone know if anyone is going to re-make the left ramp assembly?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21212

Someone did about 7 months ago, here on pinside.

#409 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in a 3d car surround let me know. I've got a few painted and unpainted available now. The painted ones I have now are deliberately painted to look a bit dirty. Thank you all for enjoying it!
-Tom

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPG

#410 6 years ago

I purchased the 3D printed pile of cars too. I wish I had the option to buy them painted. I asked a professional artist to paint it for me (I don't even want to think of the cost) and it will be ready when it is ready.

I have documented the work I did and will do. Here is a link if it can help anyone. I have over 300 photos and will be adding more. I just added the Tilt Graphics blades. Just need to get the 3D plastic in place.

http://purcellvillepinball.com/JunkYard2017.html

Michael

IMG_0487 (resized).jpgIMG_0487 (resized).jpg

IMG_0488 (resized).jpgIMG_0488 (resized).jpg

#411 6 years ago

Quoted from sohchx:What's with the Whirlwind translite , Is it still good?

If you need a WW Translite, I think I have an extra. PM me if you do.

Added over 6 years ago: SOLD

#412 6 years ago

Leaving the club...

IMG_20171201_184140 (resized).jpgIMG_20171201_184140 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171201_184228 (resized).jpgIMG_20171201_184228 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171201_184150 (resized).jpgIMG_20171201_184150 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#413 6 years ago

Sadly I sold my JY recently, but I have a junk yard goody box going cheap to someone "in the club"! Includes a printed manual, and the left sewer ramp (the one it gets kicked up into). Send me a PM if interested. $30?

#414 6 years ago

I just recently added a Junk Yard to my collection! Used to play this machine loads back in the day so im super excited to get it all cleaned up! Love some of the magic bus mods that you guys have done!

#415 6 years ago

Welcome!

#416 6 years ago

Joined the club last night, been looking for a Junk Yard for a while now and now the search is over. Man this is a fun machine, love the theme as it fits right in with the original theme machines I have currently. Looking forward to tweaking the machine and upgrading it with some goodies

Scott

IMG_1294.jpgIMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1292.jpgIMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1290.jpgIMG_1290.jpg

#417 6 years ago

Welcome to the club. My JY sits next to CP as well

1 week later
#418 6 years ago

Props to tjc02002 for the 3D painted cars, huge improvement over the factory setup. Williams should have done this from the factory!

E3F965D7-4FF9-4593-BAAC-A2FE2B02E129 (resized).jpegE3F965D7-4FF9-4593-BAAC-A2FE2B02E129 (resized).jpeg

F5E44327-CF49-494B-A507-1063E49B538E (resized).jpegF5E44327-CF49-494B-A507-1063E49B538E (resized).jpeg

#419 6 years ago

Looking for a collector condition JY. Please let me know if anyone has anything for sale.

2 weeks later
#420 6 years ago

Finally got my Junk Yard set up and im really enjoying it but im also eager to strip it down and clean it all up, its absolutely filthy! Im probably about 30 games in and im still struggling to hit the sewer. I wouldnt say im a bad pinballer but im more in it for the fun of looking after the machines. Does anyone have any tips for getting the sewer shot down as i just cant hit it ever.

#421 6 years ago

Welcome to the club! Step one: remove glass. Step 2 place sock in drain. Step 3 shoot ball off tip of flipper at the sewer. Since it returns upon sucsessfull shot to left flipper just repeat practice shots over and over. I got that shot down. It's the crane shot that has my #

IMG_1069 (resized).JPGIMG_1069 (resized).JPG

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Welcome to the club! Step one: remove glass. Step 2 place sock in drain. Step 3 shoot ball off tip of flipper at the sewer. Since it returns upon sucsessfull shot to left flipper just repeat practice shots over and over. I got that shot down. It's the crane shot that has my #

That's my lineup too!

It helps sometimes to focus where the ball needs to leave the flipper, not just where you want it to go. I found a cheat on this game for the toilet shot. Hold the left flipper up as the ball comes down from the fridge and it hop up and over to the tip of the right flipper. It kinda stalls there so it's easy to hit the toilet

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Finally got my Junk Yard set up and im really enjoying it but im also eager to strip it down and clean it all up, its absolutely filthy! Im probably about 30 games in and im still struggling to hit the sewer. I wouldnt say im a bad pinballer but im more in it for the fun of looking after the machines. Does anyone have any tips for getting the sewer shot down as i just cant hit it ever.

Sewer shot is one of the easier shots in this game as can backhand it in fairly easily.

I find the ramp shots way harder to hit!

1 week later
#424 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice, ive never thought of blocking up the drain to get some speedier practise in. I still suck at shooting the sewer but im slowly getting slightly better.

#425 6 years ago

I got the side art, maisto bus, and 3d car mod installed. I love this game

20180116_195621 (resized).jpg20180116_195621 (resized).jpg

20180116_195817 (resized).jpg20180116_195817 (resized).jpg

#426 6 years ago

That's a good looking junkyard! JY was the last game in the womans finals at the indisc tourney this weekend. My buddies wife had made it to the finals and I was sitting next to her coaching her up on scoring techniques on the game. The tourney winner picks Jy and almost gets 11 mill on 1st ball. " Avoid shooting at the crane" was all I could say to her. Sometimes I get pretty embarrassed explaining the rules of this fun, yet silly theme to people.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

That's a good looking junkyard! JY was the last game in the womans finals at the indisc tourney this weekend. My buddies wife had made it to the finals and I was sitting next to her coaching her up on scoring techniques on the game. The tourney winner picks Jy and almost gets 11 mill on 1st ball. " Avoid shooting at the crane" was all I could say to her. Sometimes I get pretty embarrassed explaining the rules of this fun, yet silly theme to people.

I haven’t put enough time on mine to figure out a good scoring strategy — always just been trying to get to the final battle. What’s a good strategy for high scores?

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I haven’t put enough time on mine to figure out a good scoring strategy — always just been trying to get to the final battle. What’s a good strategy for high scores?

Good question. I'm curious of everyone's opinion. I've heard a few tournament players say super skill shot and video modes. I guess if you were good at post passing you could just keep hitting the dog scoop, but that mist be mighty boring. I've had good scores by just playing the game and doing well in the modes

#429 6 years ago

Apparently backhand right ramp and play video loads or get to outta space and score high.

#430 6 years ago

My 2c. I never shoot for the wrecking ball. Inevitably my inaccurate brick shots make it up there. I try to save the 2 ball multi ball after completing first 2 modes. After the toilet/ sewer mode starts I begin the 2 ball mb. All switches will be worth lots at this point.

Video modes are big points as well as the super skill shot over and over.

Try to collect over 20 fireworks as that's a 10mill bonus.
Junk champ is worth 5

I always select the hair dryer 1st if I can choose it, then constantly shoot the dog

#431 6 years ago

More junk = higher bonus
Alley scoop + ramp combo = bonus multiplier (maxes at X6)
Build the toilet value before playing GTA
Always go for fireworks
Outer Space is the biggest scoring opportunity

Mamuska and Saucer Attack are the only Time Machine games worth playing. The others are too dangerous. Skill shot awards are pretty random and shouldn't be relied upon.

It's the rare game where playing in order and advancing the story results in the highest score.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

More junk = higher bonus
Alley scoop + ramp combo = bonus multiplier (maxes at X6)
Build the toilet value before playing GTA
Always go for fireworks
Outer Space is the biggest scoring opportunity
Mamuska and Saucer Attack are the only Time Machine games worth playing. The others are too dangerous. Skill shot awards are pretty random and shouldn't be relied upon.
It's the rare game where playing in order and advancing the story results in the highest score.

Just put up 127 million and left an extra ball on the table. Thanks for the suggestions all. I love that putting up big points isn't easy

#433 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips !! I guess I was playing for points correctly after all just trying to get to outer space! Will have to hit more scoop ramp combos though - def did not know about that

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I got the side art, maisto bus, and 3d car mod installed. I love this game

Why are you leaving the JY club? Just saw your ad...

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Why are you leaving the JY club? Just saw your ad...

I don't really want to leave as it's a fun game and maybe the first pinball I ever played. I've got a small collection so I have to switch it up regularly to keep it fresh. Not much free cash available to buy more games and keep jy

#436 6 years ago

A few more thoughts on scoring:

- If possible, start Crane Multiball or try for Mamushka right before the Great Toilet Adventure. All three are "every switch is X points" modes, so stacking them can be lucrative.

- If possible, stack a Multiball with Air Tactical Combat. Mostly so you can wail on the crane without worrying about draining. That crane is unpredictable and the out lanes are cavernous.

- If you're going for high scores, get the hair dryer first - Save The Girl awards way more points than Run From Spike, even in the later levels.

1 week later
#437 6 years ago

Just got a super clean Junk Yard on location. Love this game

20180131_165108 (resized).jpg20180131_165108 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#438 6 years ago

New club member here. Just picked up this old jalopy in need of a couple of boards (MPU and driver boards missing but swapped in a couple of known working boards for now). Lucky for me I collected some over the past 5 years from Ebay. Guess I will be finding out what is wrong with each board as I start making this game great again. haha.
20180217_004813 (resized).jpg20180217_004813 (resized).jpg
Mods I know I will likely only stick to...
LCD ColorDMD (added)
LEDs
3D car surround
Pinblades

Luckily I bought these pinblades 2 or 3 years ago before Tilt-graphics was formed. These are no longer available that I know of.20180216_212610 (resized).jpg20180216_212610 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#439 6 years ago

I'm working on a restore and am in need of the decal on the plastic surround for the cars that reads "HIT CRANE TO LITE MULTIBALL". This particular decal doesn't appear to be in production so if anyone has either a NOS or good condition used plastic with this decal still in tact, let me know!

1 month later
#440 6 years ago

I've recently decided to change up my collection and have posted my Junk Yard on the Marketplace. So if there are any fans out there who are looking for one, this is a beautiful example:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62186

#441 6 years ago

... just wanna share a Junk Yard in Germany.

7254d6d4932d797695961de3b94778a903b26b5e (resized).jpg7254d6d4932d797695961de3b94778a903b26b5e (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#442 6 years ago

So just joined the JY club and love the machine!!

Have just noticed that I am missing the flasher that is near the buzzard in front of the fridge!! What is this for and what does it do please? Would love to re-instate it on my machine.

And to @tjc02002? Buddy are you willing to share your 3d print files for the 3d cars for the junkyard? They look amazing? Please pm me. I am very interested.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

So just joined the JY club and love the machine!!
Have just noticed that I am missing the flasher that is near the buzzard in front of the fridge!! What is this for and what does it do please? Would love to re-instate it on my machine. "snip"

It flashes a few moments before the ball pops out of the fridge to give you a warning.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

It flashes a few moments before the ball pops out of the fridge to give you a warning.

Thanks. I wonder why mine is missing. Doesn’t even look like it’s ever been there!!

#445 6 years ago

Hi Junk Yard enthusiasts !

Another Junk Yard from France is joining you !

cheers !

Rod

#446 6 years ago

Welcome!

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Thanks. I wonder why mine is missing. Doesn’t even look like it’s ever been there!!

Because it is pretty bright being that is a flasher and being so close to the player. Someone didn't care for it.

#448 6 years ago

I've updated my listing on the Marketplace. Have a look:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62186

1 month later
#449 5 years ago

Putting out another feeler for the "HIT WRECKING BALL TO START MULTIBALL" plastic with decal. It's the one part I can't seem to source due to the decal and there doesn't seem to be any trace of it. I really just need the decal so if someone magically has one of those that would be great! Otherwise just a used plastic with decal that is in good shape will work.

I believe the part number for the decal is 31-2605-7A as that's what it's listed as hierarchically in various parts listings however searching for that doesn't bear fruit.

I've contacted Rick about this decal however, after the confusion was cleared up that I wasn't in need of the cars plastic, he stopped responding.

Thanks!

1 month later
#450 5 years ago

thinking about powder coating my JY armor, anyone have theirs done? can you share pics? I have been looking and cant find many.

thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.