autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not in the club anymore, but I still have a memento. Supposedly a very limited run on these. It now adorns my mini bar.

What's with the Whirlwind translite , Is it still good?

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

is the fridge a creamy off-white color on yours

Mine is a dull color sort of between tan and gray. It's dingy and dirty looking.

Mike in Kentucky

#303 7 years ago

Hmm sounds like mine is normal then. Fits with the theme I guess, although I wouldn't mind one that was whiter/cleaner looking

2 weeks later
#304 7 years ago

Hi there - Does anyone have or know were I can get a set of ramp decals?

Looking for the Toilet and Main ramp decals.

Thanks

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from msjussaume:

Hi there - Does anyone have or know were I can get a set of ramp decals?
Looking for the Toilet and Main ramp decals.
Thanks

I would love to know also -- looked quite a few places. Found the refrigerator one but that's it so far

#306 7 years ago

Showing off a little craft project I've been working on.

P2250461 (resized).JPGP2250461 (resized).JPG

#307 7 years ago

Now, THAT'S a novel idea!!! I've got some old screwdrivers . . .

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#308 7 years ago

Hi All
I need a wrecking ball. I have one but doesnt have the chain attachment so i need one with the attachment. Can anyone help?

#309 7 years ago

I thought they seperated? Could have sworn I've seen them for sale somewhere recently.

Does anyone know where you could purchase the main ramp decals?? Also the curved sticker on top of the curved crane car plastic back protector?

2 weeks later
#310 7 years ago

From the latest ColorDMD clues - it would seem JY is next to get one!

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

From the latest ColorDMD clues - it would seem JY is next to get one!

Yup.. just waiting for the news to drop from them.. been a wait since Wednesday, maybe when tpf finishes up?

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yup.. just waiting for the news to drop from them.. been a wait since Wednesday, maybe when tpf finishes up?

Man this would be great as JY has some of the best DMD art ever. Seeing Spike's snarling huge face colorized in the DMD will be awesome. Plus watching the jalopy fly around checkpoints and the big finish with Crazy Bob will be something.

It's going to be a lot of work for those guys though...hope they sell enough to make it worth it. Ah of course they will!

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Man this would be great as JY has some of the best DMD art ever. Seeing Spike's snarling huge face colorized in the DMD will be awesome. Plus watching the jalopy fly around checkpoints and the big finish with Crazy Bob will be something.
It's going to be a lot of work for those guys though...hope they sell enough to make it worth it. Ah of course they will!

Yep - will look sweet! Never matters much how many they sell for a title though.. most of that work is all done by volunteer owners of the games putting the hours in (with some compensation, is my understanding)..

#314 7 years ago

Junk Yard is one of my favorite games! It's just "fun." I like getting to choose the different parts to collect, and the mini games! It's got that feeling of "I'm always getting something good"!

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Junk Yard is one of my favorite games! It's just "fun." I like getting to choose the different parts to collect, and the mini games! It's got that feeling of "I'm always getting something good"!

Yeah the rules are pretty decent as if you just slop your way through the modes and don't collect many fireworks you'll be woefully unprepared when you face Crazy Bob in the finale.

The color will really stand out too as the whole machine goes dark for the intro... looking forward to it.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah the rules are pretty decent as if you just slop your way through the modes and don't collect many fireworks you'll be woefully unprepared when you face Crazy Bob in the finale.
The color will really stand out too as the whole machine goes dark for the intro... looking forward to it.

I wanted to be a garbage man when I was little, so I could get all kinds of cool stuff lol. Maybe why the game, even with failing, is so fun, because I always get cool junk lol

#318 7 years ago

Right on!!!!

Now has anyone integrated a shaker into their game triggered on crane hits yet?

#319 6 years ago

I'm new to club as of yesterday. Picked up a decent JY that has been routed and needs a bit of love. I've managed to clean up or find parts for everything except for the upper cars plastic. Mine is still mostly intact but it has a pretty large chunk of plastic missing from the bottom-center.

Does anyone happen to have one of these that they'd sell me?

Shot of the broken plasticShot of the broken plastic

#320 6 years ago

I don't know if he still has them, but here is a link for a great mod to replace your broken car surround.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-3d-cars-surround-mod

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I don't know if he still has them, but here is a link for a great mod to replace your broken car surround.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-3d-cars-surround-mod

I've already contact the creator about the mod; thank you though. It sounds like I may be able to get an unpainted version which I hopefully wouldn't ruin!

That being said, I'd really like to have the original plastic regardless if only for the instant gratification.

#322 6 years ago

And just like that I found one; Ignore me.

#323 6 years ago

I installed my ColorDMD today and it is awesome. 100% recommend.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I installed my ColorDMD today and it is awesome. 100% recommend.

Post a pic or two of it installed in your game.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not in the club anymore, but I still have a memento. Supposedly a very limited run on these. It now adorns my mini bar.

Nice volcano in your Mini bar!

#326 6 years ago

New color DMD is to gorgeous! I do have a serious code issue question for the Junkies... I am running code 1.2 is this the newest? There is a problem during the multiball. When a ball drains down a side where recycle is lit. It will waste the lit recycle but it actually will not recycle/restore the ball to the playfield. Anyone else experience or notice this flaw?

#327 6 years ago

OWNers -- can anyone help me here? I need a picture of the area in the attached image -- specifically which post types go where? Pictured is a development play field that was drilled for the pop bumper / kicker nest. I am repopulating a production model and the holes are different here since they dropped this from the final design... thanks!!

IMG_0452 (resized).PNGIMG_0452 (resized).PNG

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

OWNers -- can anyone help me here? I need a picture of the area in the attached image -- specifically which post types go where? Pictured is a development play field that was drilled for the pop bumper / kicker nest. I am repopulating a production model and the holes are different here since they dropped this from the final design... thanks!!

Here are some shots from my teardown. If you need more just let me know and I can put these all in an album to share.

Junkyard_back_001 (resized).jpgJunkyard_back_001 (resized).jpg
Junkyard_back_002 (resized).jpgJunkyard_back_002 (resized).jpg

#329 6 years ago

I'm looking for a NOS, or excellent condition playfield if anyone has one for sale!

#330 6 years ago

Thanks NoMonkey !!! That's exactly what I needed!

1 week later
#331 6 years ago

no one has any pics of the colorDmD on my favorite game?

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

no one has any pics of the colorDmD on my favorite game?

ColorDMD put together their own preview video - it's on YouTube.

#333 6 years ago

Just watched the video and I'm very impressed. Any owners with thoughts?

#334 6 years ago

Just joined the club!

20170424_184743 (resized).jpg20170424_184743 (resized).jpg

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Just joined the club!

Welcome!

#336 6 years ago

I'm getting ready to LED my JY. I have an idea of what I want to do. But I'd like to see how others have done their machines.

1 week later
#337 6 years ago

So looks like the sample game that's been posted a bunch of times over the last few months is now in my possession! Time to do it justice and replace 3 broken plastics, install the cliffy's, cointaker LED's, TILT Graphics side decals and so forth. I'm on the list for the new 3D junk car mod. I'll also be adding ColorDMD and PinballPro speakers in a few weeks.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

So looks like the sample game that's been posted a bunch of times over the last few months is now in my possession! Time to do it justice and replace 3 broken plastics, install the cliffy's, cointaker LED's, TILT Graphics side decals and so forth. I'm on the list for the new 3D junk car mod. I'll also be adding ColorDMD and PinballPro speakers in a few weeks.

What color is on the pf lower sides along in/outlanes -- green or red? Curious to compare against my proto/sample game

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'm getting ready to LED my JY. I have an idea of what I want to do. But I'd like to see how others have done their machines.

I'll post some pics tonight. I put gi led in. Put blue led in the 6 recycle inserts as well as red in the mode inserts.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What color is on the pf lower sides along in/outlanes -- green or red? Curious to compare against my proto/sample game

They are red.

1494684782319480471952 (resized).jpg1494684782319480471952 (resized).jpg

1494684802894761302357 (resized).jpg1494684802894761302357 (resized).jpg

#341 6 years ago

Here's the sample game now fully shopped.
New legs, levelers, bolts
New rubber & balls
New star posts
NVRAM installed
3 new plastics incl. the upper cars but will swap that with the 3D painted one when gets here
Cointaker LED's
Blue translucent LED lit buttons
Blue translucent shooter
Blue corner protectors
Laminated apron cards
New matching locks
Pounded flat some divots in the fridge eject and the metal subway.

I got the "old friends" rusty VW van but haven't decided if I will use it or pain the blue van or what.
I will likely add ColorDMD and PinballPro speakers like my other games in a few weeks.

Looking into the magnet situation. Has anyone ever gotten it to work?

20170513_101734 (resized).jpg20170513_101734 (resized).jpg
20170513_101613 (resized).jpg20170513_101613 (resized).jpg
20170513_101601 (resized).jpg20170513_101601 (resized).jpg
20170513_101541 (resized).jpg20170513_101541 (resized).jpg
20170513_101524 (resized).jpg20170513_101524 (resized).jpg
20170513_101517 (resized).jpg20170513_101517 (resized).jpg
20170513_101506 (resized).jpg20170513_101506 (resized).jpg
20170513_101452 (resized).jpg20170513_101452 (resized).jpg
20170513_101433 (resized).jpg20170513_101433 (resized).jpg
20170513_101417 (resized).jpg20170513_101417 (resized).jpg
20170512_195032 (resized).jpg20170512_195032 (resized).jpg
20170512_194133 (resized).jpg20170512_194133 (resized).jpg

#342 6 years ago

Looking nice!

Thanks for checking on art color -- the proto was green, wondering how many of those existed

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Here's the sample game now fully shopped.
New legs, levelers, bolts
New rubber & balls
NVRAM installed
New star posts
3 new plastics incl. the upper cars but will swap that with the 3D painted one when gets here
Cointaker LED's
Blue translucent LED lit buttons
Blue translucent shooter
Blue corner protectors
Laminated apron cards
New matching locks
Pounded flat some divots in the fridge eject and the metal subway.
I got the "old friends" rusty VW van but haven't decided if I will use it or pain the blue van or what.
I will likely add ColorDMD and PinballPro speakers like my other games in a few weeks.
Looking into the magnet situation. Has anyone ever gotten it to work?

#344 6 years ago

Installing and lighting a replacement magic bus:

Swapped the bus out for the "old friends" model. Used the existing bracket with no modifications so go back to original at anytime.

Remove the blue rubber bus and take off the metal bracket. Open the new bus (2 philips screws). Tape the window plastic in place with aluminum tape which helps with the lighting and also baffles the light from shining up and out the roof. Mount a blue (or other color) led strip inside the model.

Then sandwich the model over the metal bracket and put the 2 screws back into the model. Nice and snug. No glue or anything else is needed to hold it.

The wires from the blue led strip come out by the right back tire. Zip tie them to the metal bracket and drop down and existing hole in the playfield. Then Install the assembly back on the playfield.

Use aligator clips to attach to any GI light to keep it lit full time.

I'm going to end up attaching it to the magic bus diverter though so it only lights during magic bus mode. Need to figure out what if any resistors to add to the leds don't blow out.

20170513_153405 (resized).jpg20170513_153405 (resized).jpg
20170513_153442 (resized).jpg20170513_153442 (resized).jpg
20170513_153448 (resized).jpg20170513_153448 (resized).jpg
20170513_153609 (resized).jpg20170513_153609 (resized).jpg

#345 6 years ago

I sometimes have friends over to play but when I try explaining the objectives and rules, their eyes glaze over and they can't keep track of anything. So I made this video, showing the basic goals of the game - hopefully, demonstrating the game like this will help them to understand. Also, it shows off the new ColorDMD!

I know it leaves out a lot of the nuances and several features, but it's just intended to give the uninitiated a general look at how to play.

Enjoy!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Installing and lighting a replacement magic bus:
Swapped the bus out for the "old friends" model. Used the existing bracket with no modifications so go back to original at anytime.
Remove the blue rubber bus and take off the metal bracket. Open the new bus (2 philips screws). Tape the window plastic in place with aluminum tape which helps with the lighting and also baffles the light from shining up and out the roof. Mount a blue (or other color) led strip inside the model.
Then sandwich the model over the metal bracket and put the 2 screws back into the model. Nice and snug. No glue or anything else is needed to hold it.
The wires from the blue led strip come out by the right back tire. Zip tie them to the metal bracket and drop down and existing hole in the playfield. Then Install the assembly back on the playfield.
Use aligator clips to attach to any GI light to keep it lit full time.
I'm going to end up attaching it to the magic bus diverter though so it only lights during magic bus mode. Need to figure out what if any resistors to add to the leds don't blow out.

Looks nice. Where did you buy the bus btw and how much are they? I've forgotten the company that makes them.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I sometimes have friends over to play but when I try explaining the objectives and rules, their eyes glaze over and they can't keep track of anything. So I made this video, showing the basic goals of the game - hopefully, demonstrating the game like this will help them to understand. Also, it shows off the new ColorDMD!
» YouTube video
I know it leaves out a lot of the nuances and several features, but it's just intended to give the uninitiated a general look at how to play.
Enjoy!

Nice to finally see the Color DMD. JY has some pretty cool dots to work with so I knew it would look pretty snazzy. Thanks!

1 week later
#348 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Looks nice. Where did you buy the bus btw and how much are they? I've forgotten the company that makes them.

Maisto is the maker of that model. Search "Maisto van old friends" on ebay. They are pretty rare though. The non old friends version is readily available for cheap. I have one on the way that was labeled as the wrong scale, from my research they only made one scale size for that model, so I'm hoping they just had it listed wrong.

#349 6 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. Great shape junkyard, thanks GLSP3022 .

Has anyone ever considered the following mods for the game?

1. Adding a smoke generator to the magic bus and triggering an opening off of the insert for magic bus? That way when you get that mode it's like they are opening a door and the bong smoke is pouring out.

2. Adding a toast gun as a topper? I'm thinking about picking up a secondhand toaster and hair dryer from Goodwill and getting my crafting on. Probably add a red led inside and maybe some plastic toast.

#350 6 years ago

^^ I like the smoke generator idea, but not sure it can practically be done and there's the question of what happens to that vapor -- would cloud up things fast and I'm not sure it's good for components. You have to refill those things too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/7?hl=bodacious and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.