autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 7 years ago

Ya know? I had my glass off doing wax last night and was wondering why I only had three balls in the trough instead of four. Thanks Jecase and Topmoose for posting that tidbit!!!

#202 7 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If anyone needs this ramp now is the time before it's to late. Two got listed this week and I took one of them. The front ears by the metal bracket are almost always cracked or broken.
ebay.com link

pspa had these made i think ? http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9565.html

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

One ball is stored in the popper below the refrig to reduce the delay time for balls in the below playfield subway.

I mean that 2 balls loaded into the shooter lane and I had to shoot them both.
I'll get a photo

IMG_1003 (resized).JPGIMG_1003 (resized).JPG

#205 7 years ago

Not normal. Check the shooter lane switch, ball trough for divots and trough optos for proper operation.

My junkyard has had a lot of plays and most of the micro switches were bad.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll get a photo

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Not normal. Check the shooter lane switch, ball trough for divots and trough optos for proper operation.
My junkyard has had a lot of plays and most of the micro switches were bad.

Might be a bad trough opto.

#207 7 years ago

Thanks guys!

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I didn't know you had a Junk Yard too! I love mine! But mine does the same thing as yours does every so often. Not real bad, but it happens. I love to play this pin when I've had a rough day and I take it out on that wrecking ball. I beat the living shit out of it to relieve tension! Haaaaaa!

Mike in Kentucky

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I love to play this pin when I've had a rough day and I take it out on that wrecking ball. I beat the living shit out of it to relieve tension! Haaaaaa!
Mike in Kentucky

Agreed!! The "crack" that you get when you hit the wrecking ball dead on is so satisfying. Every once in a while I'll hit mine so hard that it smacks the glass. I wince and laugh at the same time.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I didn't know you had a Junk Yard too! I love mine! But mine does the same thing as yours does every so often. Not real bad, but it happens. I love to play this pin when I've had a rough day and I take it out on that wrecking ball. I beat the living shit out of it to relieve tension! Haaaaaa!
Mike in Kentucky

Just picked it up. My wife's brother is a plumber and was at a friends house working on something. The guy asked him..."Know anybody who wants to buy this pinball machine?" I got the call and picked it up within 20 minutes! He said he paid $4,500 for it. My buddy is coming over this weekend to check it out and see what it needs.

I think the shooter lane spring is weak as I have a hard time shooting the ball. A couple of the leg screws are stripped. After I play for a while, I may be putting it up for trade.

IMG_1001 (resized).JPGIMG_1001 (resized).JPG

IMG_1002 (resized).JPGIMG_1002 (resized).JPG

IMG_1004 (resized).JPGIMG_1004 (resized).JPG

IMG_1006 (resized).JPGIMG_1006 (resized).JPG

IMG_1005 (resized).JPGIMG_1005 (resized).JPG

IMG_1010 (resized).JPGIMG_1010 (resized).JPG

IMG_1011 (resized).JPGIMG_1011 (resized).JPG

IMG_1012 (resized).JPGIMG_1012 (resized).JPG

IMG_1013 (resized).JPGIMG_1013 (resized).JPG

IMG_1008 (resized).JPGIMG_1008 (resized).JPG

IMG_1009 (resized).JPGIMG_1009 (resized).JPG

IMG_1023 (resized).JPGIMG_1023 (resized).JPG

IMG_1016 (resized).JPGIMG_1016 (resized).JPG

#211 7 years ago

Played for the first time .. cool game..

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just picked it up. My wife's brother is a plumber and was at a friends house working on something. The guy asked him..."Know anybody who wants to buy this pinball machine?" I got the call and picked it up within 20 minutes! He said he paid $4,500 for it. My buddy is coming over this weekend to check it out and see what it needs.
I think the shooter lane spring is weak as I have a hard time shooting the ball. A couple of the leg screws are stripped. After I play for a while, I may be putting it up for trade.

The shooter really needs a weak spring because the shooter lane is very short. I would check the shooter hits the ball square in the middle. Mine also had a worn auto plunger that would interfere with the shooter rod. Congrats on your purchase, looks nice.

#213 7 years ago

Thanks for the info.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice! Whatcha got there is one of the rarer sample games with the wrecking ball magnet! Later production models replace it with a flasher. Looks like it's in good shape overall. But is something weird with the display or is that just a reflection?

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Nice! Whatcha got there is one of the rarer sample games with the wrecking ball magnet! Later production models replace it with a flasher. Looks like it's in good shape overall. But is something weird with the display or is that just a reflection?

I saw that too. To the left of the display and also on the right where you can see the current score in the background. Something definitely isn't right. You've got a screw missing at the bottom right of your bus ramp Spfxted. What's the sewer hole look like?

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Whoa! Ok...didn't know that as I've never played a Junk Yard before. I only put the game on once to take a few pictures. I'll take more of the display. Er, what and where is the sewer hole? I may have a pic of the area.
Thanks again for all the help.

#217 7 years ago

Sewer hole - located on the far right hand side, below the D O G area and above the 3 blue stand up targets.

#218 7 years ago

Is this what you mean?

IMG_1022 (resized).JPGIMG_1022 (resized).JPG

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is this what you mean?

Correct side but a little lower, towards the flippers. It's a scoop hole and there should be a plastic piece with a Manhole cover over it.

#220 7 years ago

I have this picture. Is that the manhole cover? I can take more pix tonight when I get home. If you want me to snap any other areas, let me know.
Do you know how much this machine is worth?

IMG_1024 (resized).jpgIMG_1024 (resized).jpg

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have this picture. Is that the manhole cover? I can take more pix tonight when I get home. If you want me to snap any other areas, let me know.

That's it. The sewer hole is an important part of gameplay, so the edges tend to get worn down. Cliffy's makes a metal protector which is a challenge to install, but which I recommend.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

JY's have recently been going for $3500 to $3800. If you fix the leg and DMD issues and add LED's, a good condition sample game might go for $4000 to $4300.

#223 7 years ago

Thanks! It looks like it's in great shape! I will be looking to trade for a Scared Stiff...

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you click on this link, that bright green light is where the sewer hole is. It is a square shaped hole.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1028-lee-s-parts/00287-jy-sewer-light

#225 7 years ago

Ahhh, I see. I'll snap a few pix tonight.
Thanks!

#226 7 years ago

OMG!! Just played 6 games! What a fun pin!! The screen looks perfect now…I had batteries pulled out.
Please tell me Junk Yard has 3 ball multi ball. I removed one ball from the machine and now it plays excellent.
I don't know what does what. I see flashing lights. I saw the dog move. The Crane goes up to let you get by.
I took a few more pix…and some of the boards…I'll download...

IMG_1067 (resized).JPGIMG_1067 (resized).JPG

IMG_1057 (resized).JPGIMG_1057 (resized).JPG

IMG_1058 (resized).JPGIMG_1058 (resized).JPG

IMG_1076 (resized).JPGIMG_1076 (resized).JPG

IMG_1078 (resized).JPGIMG_1078 (resized).JPG

IMG_1077 (resized).JPGIMG_1077 (resized).JPG

IMG_1079 (resized).JPGIMG_1079 (resized).JPG

IMG_1080 (resized).JPGIMG_1080 (resized).JPG

IMG_1081 (resized).JPGIMG_1081 (resized).JPG

IMG_1082 (resized).JPGIMG_1082 (resized).JPG

#227 7 years ago

I know, right? JY is often looked down on, but I think its reputation is slowly growing. There should be 4 balls total, but one is often hiding in the VUK under the refrigerator. They all go into play during Outer Space wizard mode.

Looks like a little wear on the sewer, which isn't uncommon. The Cliffy would cover it up.

#228 7 years ago

Thanks! So is Multi Ball 3 or 4 balls? Or only 4 during Outer Space Wizard Mode?
Is there a way to actually see all the balls? How do I check this?

#229 7 years ago

Multiball is 3 balls, Wrecking Ball hurry-up is 2 balls and Wizard Mode is 4 balls. Check the trough first - it should have at least 3 balls. To find the 4th you'd have to lift the playfield and check the subway (or do a ball eject via the menu options). Usually the game won't start if it senses too many or too few balls.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OMG!! Just played 6 games! What a fun pin!! The screen looks perfect now…I had batteries pulled out.
Please tell me Junk Yard has 3 ball multi ball. I removed one ball from the machine and now it plays excellent.
I don't know what does what. I see flashing lights. I saw the dog move. The Crane goes up to let you get by.
I took a few more pix…and some of the boards…I'll download...

Interesting -
What version is your game software? You have a magnet under the crane, and your sound ROM level is 0.3 - really early for sound.
Hopefully, if you have some early software, you could have an earleir sample ROM that utilizes the magnet.

#231 7 years ago

I don't know how to find all that out. When I changed the batteries it said Factory Reset or something...

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting -
What version is your game software? You have a magnet under the crane, and your sound ROM level is 0.3 - really early for sound.
Hopefully, if you have some early software, you could have an earleir sample ROM that utilizes the magnet.

Does this mean anything? Or, how do I get information?

IMG_1086 (resized).JPGIMG_1086 (resized).JPG

#233 7 years ago

Nice pick up Ted! I got one recently myself! You scored that for free?

#234 7 years ago

No, not free. $1,200.
If something wasn't working, would there be a display on startup? Is that the "dot" thing?
I played a few more games. Right now it seems the main thing I need is to have the stripped leg bolt fixed. (however that is done)!

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

stripped leg bolt fixed. (however that is done)!

easy way is just replace the plate on the inside and maybe a new bolt.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

#236 7 years ago

Thanks! Can a mo-mo like me do it with regular tools?

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does this mean anything? Or, how do I get information?

That's it - Rev 1.2. Unfortunately, not even a pre-release code, so, no luck there. Thanks for checking though.

#238 7 years ago

If there's a problem, you'll likely hear BONG BONG BONG on startup and it will tell you to check the diagnostics - which could be anything from a bad switch to a fried coil.

If you see a period after the CREDITS display (or after the words FREE PLAY if it's set to free play), that also indicates a technical issue. But if you got through a few games, there's most likely nothing to worry about.

#239 7 years ago

Thanks for all the kind help!
I played a few more games. Really fun! I'll check for bongs & dots. Everything reset after I changed the batteries. How do I put it on Free Play. I take it you have to push a few buttons inside the coin door....
Sorry for all the dumb questions, but as you know, I know nothing. (Greg had to come over and explain how to change a bulb)!

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for all the kind help!
I played a few more games. Really fun! I'll check for bongs & dots. Everything reset after I changed the batteries. How do I put it on Free Play. I take it you have to push a few buttons inside the coin door....
Sorry for all the dumb questions, but as you know, I know nothing. (Greg had to come over and explain how to change a bulb)!

open coin door hit enter button twice to main menu , Press the plus button to adjustments and hit enter , Press plus button to A3 pricing , enter, Plus button to 17 free play, enter ,Press plus to yes, enter , then escape 5 button times

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, not free. $1,200.
blockquote>

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

open coin door hit enter button twice to main menu , Press the plus button to adjustments and hit enter , Press plus button to A3 pricing , enter, Plus button to 17 free play, enter ,Press plus to yes, enter , then escape 5 button times

WHOA! Thanks!! I'm going to try that right now! Er, as soon as I write it down….whoo hoo!!

#243 7 years ago

Worked like a charm!! Thanks!!!

#244 7 years ago

Just had the NJ Gecko visit! Everything went well! No problems! Leg Bolts were bad, new ones screwed in fine. There was an extra ball in the machine. No problem now. There were probably 4 or 5 bulbs burned out…now replaced. Everything checked out. I don't remember…it was sample game 90 or something.
Fun game…I will get the Cliffys for it next week.
Thanks to everyone here for the kind help!

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just had the NJ Gecko visit! Everything went well! No problems! Leg Bolts were bad, new ones screwed in fine. There was an extra ball in the machine. No problem now. There were probably 4 or 5 bulbs burned out…now replaced. Everything checked out. I don't remember…it was sample game 90 or something.
Fun game…I will get the Cliffys for it next week.
Thanks to everyone here for the kind help!

If you manage to finish all the modes you'll get a pretty nice "wizard" mode where you'll fight Crazy Bob. Don't just time out the modes to get there though as you'll need the fireworks you collect in the various modes to do battle. Pretty clever way to stop you from simply slopping your way through the game.

If you don't like the "run from Spike" thing just collect the toaster right away... then you'll always get the "shoot the dog" video mode.

No you won't be shooting at him with a Colt .45

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you don't like the "run from Spike" thing just collect the toaster right away... then you'll always get the "shoot the dog" video mode.

SO glad you wrote that! I HATE running from Spike. In fact, I can't figure out how you even get points from it. No matter how fast I hit the buttons he always catches me and the points don't make sense! Now, I can play without that interruption!!!

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

#248 7 years ago

I'll be the odd one out and say that I hate ALL of the spike modes. At least with the 'Run' one, I can get it over with *sooner*.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

SO glad you wrote that! I HATE running from Spike. In fact, I can't figure out how you even get points from it. No matter how fast I hit the buttons he always catches me and the points don't make sense! Now, I can play without that interruption!!!
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

Yeah I think I just hold down one flipper button and "vibrate" the other one as fast as I can... I can usually get away from him a couple times but it's more effort than I want to expend. You'll hear the sound clip from the "Six million dollar man" kick in if you are starting to pull away.

Still not worth the trouble though... I'm lazy with pinball

#250 7 years ago

Do any of you Junk Yarders have interesting cards for the apron?

IMG_1010 (resized).JPGIMG_1010 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/5?hl=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.