autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
#151 7 years ago

Would anyone else here be interested in purchasing one of these if it were reproduced??

IMG_20160921_193546.jpgIMG_20160921_193546.jpg

#152 7 years ago

I don't have a Junkyard, but plan on getting one. So I'd take one of those ramps.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I don't have a Junkyard, but plan on getting one. So I'd take one of those ramps.

Interested parties chime in here!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/16#post-3358629

3 weeks later
#154 7 years ago

Just picked up a JY the other day and while playing it I noticed the alley switch (leading to the dog) triggers the sewer switch while the sewer shot also triggers the sewer switch. I'm not at home right now so I haven't looked at the manual yet to investigate further but I figured I'd ask here before I get home.

#155 7 years ago

The alley switch is not registering and needs adjustment. The game is not realizing that the ball entered the subway tunnel through the alley and thinks that it entered through the sewer hole when it gets there in the subway. Mine also requires a quick adjustment upon occasion.

#156 7 years ago

Mine needed most of the micro switches replaced. Well worth it

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The alley switch is not registering and needs adjustment. The game is not realizing that the ball entered the subway tunnel through the alley and thinks that it entered through the sewer hole when it gets there in the subway. Mine also requires a quick adjustment upon occasion.

Thanks for the advice! Again since the machine or the manual is not in front of me right now, is the alley switch on the playfield or is it in the subway but before the sewer subway switch? If it's in the subway, do you have any recommendation for accessing it or adjusting it easily?

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from atothesquiz:

Thanks for the advice! Again since the machine or the manual is not in front of me right now, is the alley switch on the playfield or is it in the subway but before the sewer subway switch? If it's in the subway, do you have any recommendation for accessing it or adjusting it easily?

The switch wire pokes up through the playfield. The switch is under the playfield.

#159 7 years ago

So I keep seeing what I believe to be re-imports of this machine?? They have a single slot coin door and some have the art work completely missing on the front. Anyone care to elaborate?

#160 7 years ago

A single coin slot is a good indicator of a re-import. Missing front artwork, I'm not so sure of. Possibly due to the age of the machine?

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

A single coin slot is a good indicator of a re-import. Missing front artwork, I'm not so sure of. Possibly due to the age of the machine?

I really, really like the one-slot doors. I actually will buy ones to replace the other doors I have. (I put electronic multi-aceptors in my games, and they'll only fit in the single-slot doors.)

#162 7 years ago

If anyone is looking. I did replace the ugly bus.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “This is an extremely nice Junk Yard. I went through this game about 2 years ago. This machine has the following features and custom mods; Speaker lights Magic bus with working he...”
2016-12-03
Wayland, MI
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 1172 times

#163 7 years ago

That does look very nice. Good luck on the sale.

1 month later
#164 7 years ago

I get my machine tomorrow. I like to know whats the best game code. I read that 0.3 has more modes and is more challenging , so is this the version to go ??

Thanks

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I get my machine tomorrow. I like to know whats the best game code. I read that 0.3 has more modes and is more challenging , so is this the version to go ??
Thanks

Congrats on getting your machine.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks

I had 1.1 and installed 1.2 several months ago, it seems to have fixed the scoring issues that it had. I have not played 0.3

#167 7 years ago

Picking up a Junkyard this weekend. So tell me club... How much do you like JY? Is it a never sell for you?

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Picking up a Junkyard this weekend. So tell me club... How much do you like JY? Is it a never sell for you?

Congrats on getting a JY. From what I have seen this pin doesn't stay in collections for more than a year or so. I am keeping mine because I like the quirky theme & artwork, it's a good family friendly theme, guests like the game, and I like the music, also the going price on these is a good value for a DMD game. I wouldn't say it's a never sell for me.

Some things that keep me from playing it day after day are the stop and go with the dog video mode that interrupts what ever mode you are currently in and magic bus animations (no way to bypass them).

Post a pic or two of your machine. Also post your impressions of the game.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Congrats on getting a JY. From what I have seen this pin doesn't stay in collections for more than a year or so. I am keeping mine because I like the quirky theme & artwork, it's a good family friendly theme, guests like the game, and I like the music, also the going price on these is a good value for a DMD game. I wouldn't say it's a never sell for me.
Some things that keep me from playing it day after day are the stop and go with the dog video mode that interrupts what ever mode you are currently in and magic bus animations (no way to bypass them).
Post a pic or two of your machine. Also post your impressions of the game.

Summed it up the way I would've....

#170 7 years ago

I have had my JY for 6 months. I like the very logical game sequence. Nearly everything is important to reach the wizard mode of beating Bob in outer space. You must build the parts, then play the modes to get fireworks which are needed for battling Bob. This differs from the TOM I had where you can just hold the ball and let the modes time out and progress to the wizard mode. I do not like the frequent video modes. I often end up playing 5-7 video modes per game. I wish there was a way to make them not occur during playing the other main modes. The outlanes are serious drains and hitting the crane ball can cause quick ball drains as well. I find that my friends and family play my other 4 games much more, but I like it and it will stay in my collection.

#171 7 years ago

My favorite games are the ones that tell a story, so Junk Yard is a perfect fit. It's been in my collection for 11 months and I have no desire to move it.

However, if I had a say in code changes, I'd want to see:
1. Skippable dog mode intros
2. No video modes while adventures are running

#172 7 years ago

I would have to agree - while I don't own this game (yet), I do want to get one. I play it a lot on my laptop when I'm commuting, and when the video mode starts - I just let the timer run down. The score awarded isn't worth the time.

I wouldn't mind cracking into the ROM and just skipping the mode altogether.

#173 7 years ago

If the D_O_G lights were not credited during adventures and during multi-ball, then I think I would be down to 2-3 video modes per game which would be OK. I really like the wizard mode as you really need to make the specific shots to win and too many misses let's Crazy Bob win. In contrast, my Attack From Mars has a wizard mode where you just need to keep some balls in play as long as necessary to score 5 BILLION! Not putting down the AFM, it is probably the favorite of friends and family and I really enjoy it.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would have to agree - while I don't own this game (yet), I do want to get one. I play it a lot on my laptop when I'm commuting, and when the video mode starts - I just let the timer run down. The score awarded isn't worth the time.
I wouldn't mind cracking into the ROM and just skipping the mode altogether.

Quoted from jecase:

If the D_O_G lights were not credited during adventures and during multi-ball, then I think I would be down to 2-3 video modes per game which would be OK. I really like the wizard mode as you really need to make the specific shots to win and too many misses let's Crazy Bob win. In contrast, my Attack From Mars has a wizard mode where you just need to keep some balls in play as long as necessary to score 5 BILLION! Not putting down the AFM, it is probably the favorite of friends and family and I really enjoy it.

I don't mind the video modes - I think it's great to have an alternate way to collect junk and fireworks from the left flipper and it adds variety to the gameplay - but I agree that there are often too many of them. My record in a single game is Save the Girl Level 16, which got really boring. Also, in my hypothetical code update, I'm thinking one could advance D-O-G during adventures but not start a video mode until the adventure is done.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I don't mind the video modes - I think it's great to have an alternate way to collect junk and fireworks from the left flipper and it adds variety to the gameplay - but I agree that there are often too many of them. My record in a single game is Save the Girl Level 16, which got really boring. Also, in my hypothetical code update, I'm thinking one could advance D-O-G during adventures but not start a video mode until the adventure is done.

Level 16, cool! What's the highest level of run Spike that you have done? Level 4 is it for me.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Level 16, cool! What's the highest level of run Spike that you have done? Level 4 is it for me.

I think I got to Run From Spike level 3. I usually try to collect the hair dryer last.

#177 7 years ago

Did the proto rom support the magnet that was design in the proto ? Is that a cool effect ? I think its a easy thing to put in. So anyone done this ?

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did the proto rom support the magnet that was design in the proto ? Is that a cool effect ? I think its a easy thing to put in. So anyone done this ?

The earliers software I have, 0.3, did NOT support the magnet.

#179 7 years ago

I think even before any software was done that Williams had decided that the magnet was going to be "toast".

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I think even before any software was done that Williams had decided that the magnet was going to be "toast".

I believe v0.1 supported the Magnet - though I can't find a copy anywhere. The early sample game that was on display at Greater Southern Dist down in Atlanta when that game was released had a magnet, and it 'threw' the crane at some times.

#181 7 years ago

I don't have a Junkyard myself...always thought it would be a fun game though to have. I saw this today at my Local Orchard Supply Hardware Store. Thought it might be a cool toy replacement and wanted to share...

VW (resized).jpgVW (resized).jpg

#182 7 years ago

the 'magnet' in mine is just a core with nothing connected to it... if they're all like that no amount of firmware will help. Are they ?

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the 'magnet' in mine is just a core with nothing connected to it... if they're all like that no amount of firmware will help. Are they ?

You'd need to wire it up, of course.

#184 7 years ago

Hey guys, What is the setting to enable attract mode music if there is any? Can't seem to find it in the manual

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys, What is the setting to enable attract mode music if there is any? Can't seem to find it in the manual

I don't think there is a setting for that. I also looked at the settings on my machine. Nothing there except the end of game bong sounds (doesn't seem to do much).

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I don't think there is a setting for that. I also looked at the settings on my machine. Nothing there except the end of game bong sounds (doesn't seem to do much).

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the reply

#187 7 years ago

I am having an extremely hard time hitting the toilet and bus ramps lately. When I first got the machine I could hit them spot on regularly, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is. I just continuously hit the center post dead on between the two and its extremely frustrating.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I am having an extremely hard time hitting the toilet and bus ramps lately. When I first got the machine I could hit them spot on regularly, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is. I just continuously hit the center post dead on between the two and its extremely frustrating.

I feel like the toilet ramp is one of the narrowest shots in pinball. It can't be more than two inches wide.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I feel like the toilet ramp is one of the narrowest shots in pinball. It can't be more than two inches wide.

Agreed 100%!

#190 7 years ago

I got curious and took out my ruler - it's 1 5/8" wide at the opening. The ball is 1 1/16", which leaves 9/16" margin of error.

The best bet is probably to shoot a little wide, so it hits the left rail and glides up the ramp.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The best bet is probably to shoot a little wide, so it hits the left rail and glides up the ramp.

I try that all the time but what seems to happen is, the ball hits that left rail with so much force that it bounces off of it, hits the center post between both ramps, and comes right back down to the flippers.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I try that all the time but what seems to happen is, the ball hits that left rail with so much force that it bounces off of it, hits the center post between both ramps, and comes right back down to the flippers.

Do what pool players do - practice that shot over and over. Take off the glass, drop a ball on the habit trail that feeds the RH flipper and work on the timing. You will get it, the trick then is adjusting your timing with the ball speed as it heads into the in-lane.

#193 7 years ago

If anyone needs this ramp now is the time before it's to late. Two got listed this week and I took one of them. The front ears by the metal bracket are almost always cracked or broken.

ebay.com link: itm

#194 7 years ago

Just picked up A JY this week!

Looks like the laseriffic topper is a must also some mirror blades

can anyone else suggest must have mods?

Also a shaker would be insane connected to targets at wrecking ball. I think you can just use the same one for AFM from pinbits right?

Happy Holidays!

IMG_4829 (resized).JPGIMG_4829 (resized).JPG

IMG_4847 (resized).JPGIMG_4847 (resized).JPG

IMG_4848 (resized).JPGIMG_4848 (resized).JPG

IMG_4833 (resized).JPGIMG_4833 (resized).JPG

IMG_4836 (resized).JPGIMG_4836 (resized).JPG

IMG_4837 (resized).JPGIMG_4837 (resized).JPG

#195 7 years ago

Congrats on the new pin! Not sure how you would hook up the shaker - keep us posted

A popular mod is changing out the Magic bus with a diecast model (look at earlier posts in this thread).

The fridge 3 ball popper gets a lot of abuse. Inspect for broken/cracked welds.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Just picked up A JY this week!
Looks like the laseriffic topper is a must also some mirror blades
can anyone else suggest must have mods?
Also a shaker would be insane connected to targets at wrecking ball. I think you can just use the same one for AFM from pinbits right?
Happy Holidays!

Very pretty, congrats!
Cliffy's hole protector is a must and Titan silicone rings really add to the color of the game.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Not sure how you would hook up the shaker - keep us posted

Yes. Please do let us know if you figure out how to make this work. Seems like it would have to be programmed into the game ROM before you could make it shake after hitting the ball.

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#198 7 years ago

Hi. Just picked up one of these and don't know a thing about it. Does the game always start off shooting 2 balls?
Anything I should know about?
Thanks!

#199 7 years ago

One ball is stored in the popper below the refrig to reduce the delay time for balls in the below playfield subway.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi. Just picked up one of these and don't know a thing about it. Does the game always start off shooting 2 balls?
Anything I should know about?
Thanks!

Welcome and congrats! JY keeps a staged ball under the refrigerator, ready to pop out when the ball in play goes in the sewer, toilet or alley. It speeds up the gameplay a little. So if a ball is missing from the staged setup, the game will launch two, hold one, and send the other one into play.

There's a menu option if you want to turn off the staged ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.