autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

thinking about powder coating my JY armor, anyone have theirs done? can you share pics? I have been looking and cant find many.
thanks.

bump... was thinking maybe crane yellow... thoughts? hello? bueller? bueller? anyone?

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

bump... was thinking maybe crane yellow... thoughts? hello? bueller? bueller? anyone?

I'm not big on painting those items. But I'm not against anyone doing it to their machine.

1 month later
#453 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

If anyone is interested in a 3d car surround let me know. I've got a few painted and unpainted available now. The painted ones I have now are deliberately painted to look a bit dirty. Thank you all for enjoying it!
-Tom
[quoted image]

Tom - Do you still have any of these available? Thanks

3 weeks later
#454 5 years ago

Played this for the first time tonight. What a blast!! Love the shoutouts to earlier games. Had no clue! First one I hit was The Mamuska (and then triggered the multiball right after)! I was grinning from ear-to-ear for the 45 minutes I played this pin!!

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Played this for the first time tonight. What a blast!! Love the shoutouts to earlier games. Had no clue! First one I hit was The Mamuska (and then triggered the multiball right after)! I was grinning from ear-to-ear for the 45 minutes I played this pin!!

Cool, there are indeed some hidden gems in Junkyard.

#456 5 years ago

3 video modes. It's one of my favorite games.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

3 video modes. It's one of my favorite games.

What happens after beating level 2 of shoot the dog? Is there a third?

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What happens after beating level 2 of shoot the dog? Is there a third?

There are several levels, each getting a bit harder. The dog switches back and forth mid screen.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

There are several levels, each getting a bit harder. The dog switches back and forth mid screen.

So there’s kinda 5 video modes then in a way- the saucer attack, run from spike, and each level of shoot the dog.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

So there’s kinda 5 video modes then in a way- the saucer attack, run from spike, and each level of shoot the dog.

Did you know on the saucer attack video mode you can hit the start button for a smart bomb? It blows up everything currently on the screen.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Did you know on the saucer attack video mode you can hit the start button for a smart bomb? It blows up everything currently on the screen.

What?!? Lol can’t believe I didn’t know that - thanks for the tip!

2 months later
#462 5 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Painted up a new van for my junk yard. It was really fun painting the rust effect, I also lit the headlights and color changer inside mounted to the rag top, similar to the one in my last junk yard.
[quoted image]

Hmm, looks familiar.

20181216_160807 (resized).jpg20181216_160807 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#463 5 years ago

Anybody have a set of the molded cars ...painted or unpainted ?

#464 5 years ago

Just got my Junkyard ,going to the backlight panel I have 2 connectors one for the general GI and the other for I'm guess a board that lights the features in their lower left corner .. Could anybody take a picture of the backboard with the translight off?

#465 5 years ago

Just a little weekend project I'd been thinking about doing for years...thought I'd share as I finally executed the mod today.

On the Magic Bus ramp, I felt the ball stopper/microswitch arrangement at the top of the ramp was flawed in it's design. It is necessary for the switch to be activated at the same time it is stopped - and for my pin - sometimes that switch lever would 'hold' the ball after the stopper retracted - leaving the player to nudge the pin to get it to continue forward. I tweaked and messed with it for years, trying different lever styles and such - but during that time I wondered if an MRS would be perfect here. So with 3D printing technology and a handy Data East MRS - I made a simple bracket and got rid of the over-hanging microswitch for a maintenance free switch that does not touch the ball - thus doesn't hold it either.....works amazingly.....here's some pics. The one pic is of a nylon bolt and a brass nut - don't know if it was necessary - but why not go non-ferrous when close to an MRS.....simply green to green and white to white - no diode needed.....

20190201_194037 (resized).jpg20190201_194037 (resized).jpg20190201_194440 (resized).jpg20190201_194440 (resized).jpg20190201_220033 (resized).jpg20190201_220033 (resized).jpg

#466 5 years ago

Neat idea. On my game the ball will sometimes bounce backward & then the past will drop.

#467 5 years ago

Yes, mine hits magic bus switch and bounces back, a bit. Sometimes confuses the machine. It thinks the ball is not there or is still waiting for it. Called switch bounce. Then we have to open coin door then and wait 5 seconds the magic bus solenoid retract and let the ball pass.
This may fix that problem too. I need to work on my problem with switch also.

3 weeks later
#468 5 years ago

I should be a member in the next month or so. The seller is currently doing a full shop job. I just read through this whole thread lol
I'll be getting some art blades right away and a colordmd when I can afford it. I'd like to paint the van to look a little dingier but I'm a crappy artist. Mostly just posting here now so this thread shows up in my watchlist.

#469 5 years ago

Nice, and glad to hear. The 3d printed car surround and color dmd are the best two mods. Junk Yard is an underrated game in my opinion.
I like the video modes and the silly theme it has.

#470 5 years ago

Are the 3D printed car stacks still available?
They look really sharp.
I'll be putting in some side blades. I've found these 2 but does anyone know of any other options out there?

20190226_201223 (resized).jpg20190226_201223 (resized).jpg20190226_201244 (resized).jpg20190226_201244 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#471 5 years ago

Throwing this out to the group in case anyone has ever encountered it. It's more of a flipper rebuild problem than a Junk Yard one, but still...

Every time I hit the flipper button, the flipper will stop in a different position. It will go up slightly with each hit and stay there until it eventually gets stuck all the way up. So, I tried my first flipper rebuild today...bought a kit and swapped out the stuff in there (crank assembly, coil sleeve, EOS switch, spring) and it's doing the same thing. It does the same "stop in a different position," but now it even moves backwards (towards the player) and stops. Anyone ever encountered this?

I've tightened the bolt on the crank shaft to the point where I don't think the problem is that the flipper bat shaft is turning. There is some room for the flipper to move up and down. (Though I ballparked that based on the other flipper because I don't have a gauge.) How are flipper bats supposed to be attached to the shaft? I did have to push the bat back onto the shaft after I removed the flipper bat assembly. Could the flipper itself be spinning while the shaft is not? Again, this is my first flipper rebuild, so I'm not super familiar with everything just yet.

Thanks!

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Throwing this out to the group in case anyone has ever encountered it. It's more of a flipper rebuild problem than a Junk Yard one, but still...
Every time I hit the flipper button, the flipper will stop in a different position. It will go up slightly with each hit and stay there until it eventually gets stuck all the way up. So, I tried my first flipper rebuild today...bought a kit and swapped out the stuff in there (crank assembly, coil sleeve, EOS switch, spring) and it's doing the same thing. It does the same "stop in a different position," but now it even moves backwards (towards the player) and stops. Anyone ever encountered this?
I've tightened the bolt on the crank shaft to the point where I don't think the problem is that the flipper bat shaft is turning. There is some room for the flipper to move up and down. (Though I ballparked that based on the other flipper because I don't have a gauge.) How are flipper bats supposed to be attached to the shaft? I did have to push the bat back onto the shaft after I removed the flipper bat assembly. Could the flipper itself be spinning while the shaft is not? Again, this is my first flipper rebuild, so I'm not super familiar with everything just yet.
Thanks!

Gonna do mine tomorrow.....but it's old hat for me.....use a marker on the shaft - move the bat manually and see if the bat moves or the shaft moves... I doubt the bat is bad - but you never know....otherwise one of the things missing in these kits is the playfield bushing - which the shaft rotates in - make sure it's in good shape and not damaged....otherwise make sure you have some up and down play in the bat - the gauge helps - but isn't critical - just a little up and down is fine...make sure you put the coil sleeve in correctly(flange at the coil stop end)....otherwise, make sure the clamp isn't pushed all the way to the bushing on the underside - that can cause binding too....

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Gonna do mine tomorrow.....but it's old hat for me.....use a marker on the shaft - move the bat manually and see if the bat moves or the shaft moves... I doubt the bat is bad - but you never know....otherwise one of the things missing in these kits is the playfield bushing - which the shaft rotates in - make sure it's in good shape and not damaged....otherwise make sure you have some up and down play in the bat - the gauge helps - but isn't critical - just a little up and down is fine...make sure you put the coil sleeve in correctly(flange at the coil stop end)....otherwise, make sure the clamp isn't pushed all the way to the bushing on the underside - that can cause binding too....

Thanks for the tips! I've given up for the day. I also discovered that even when I the flipper flips, if the ball hits the flipper, the flipper doesn't have enough power to move the ball. Perhaps a quick video is in order...

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Rebuild my flippers....right side was awful....and go figure...score 45mil on the first game....probably my best score ever on JY.....

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Thanks for the tips! I've given up for the day. I also discovered that even when I the flipper flips, if the ball hits the flipper, the flipper doesn't have enough power to move the ball. Perhaps a quick video is in order...

For curious minds and future searchers, my problem was a broken flipper bat. The shaft broke away from the flipper plastic in the inside and it was spinning independently. New flipper, problem solved. Thanks for all the help everyone.

#477 5 years ago

Congrats on the repair.

#478 5 years ago

Supposed to arrive at a depot near me on Monday. I will post pics Tuesday or Wednesday when I pick it up. So nervous and excited in the meantime.

image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpgimage0000002 (resized).jpgimage0000002 (resized).jpgimage000003 (resized).jpgimage000003 (resized).jpg
#479 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Supposed to arrive at a depot near me on Monday. I will post pics Tuesday or Wednesday when I pick it up. So nervous and excited in the meantime.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That guy in the second picture is very handsome!

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That guy in the second picture is very handsome!

Maybe by western standards :p
Should I take it that's you?

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe by western standards :p
Should I take it that's you?

Yea...I gave him a hand moving it. Enjoy the pin.

#482 5 years ago

Just picked up a junkyard. It’s a pretty fun game. Anyone know where I can get a left ramp?

#483 5 years ago

It arrived in Woodstock today. Renting a van to go get it tomorrow.
Waiting on a couple small pieces and some side blades. I'd like to put a color dmd in when I can afford it.

#484 5 years ago

I am reaching out for help to fix Junkyard. I am confused regarding the layout for blackbox wiring.There are not any good reference pictures. I took some shoddy ones myself unfortunately they're not of any good. I saw on page 5 of this thread there was a few but it is not any help. So many similar connectors. If anybody has a spare moment please I would like to see a detailed picture or two or three of the backbox wiring. A picture of each board clearly showing connectors would be ideal. The junkyard archives pics could use some reinforcements. I feel like I'm handing out a homework assignment! Probably would lose my mind if I did not have other games to play

Thanks,
Tadd K.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I am reaching out for help to fix Junkyard. I am confused regarding the layout for blackbox wiring.There are not any good reference pictures. I took some shoddy ones myself unfortunately they're not of any good. I saw on page 5 of this thread there was a few but it is not any help. So many similar connectors. If anybody has a spare moment please I would like to see a detailed picture or two or three of the backbox wiring. A picture of each board clearly showing connectors would be ideal. The junkyard archives pics could use some reinforcements. I feel like I'm handing out a homework assignment! Probably would lose my mind if I did not have other games to play
Thanks,
Tadd K.

Here are some pictures from my teardown. Hope this helps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NFtSazq5mMrXWyocA

#486 5 years ago

Thank you good sir.

#487 5 years ago

Any advice please
I just got my junkyard this week. I havent had much time with her but I have 6-10 lights that either light up fully at times they shouldnt or some that are ghosting. The LEDs in it are comet and the seller says it was not doing this before shipping. I checked to make sure my connections are secure. Are ideas before I dig into it next week?
Oh, also, if someone could maybe post a pic of the auto plunge hinge area it would be helpful. Mine took some damage in transit and I'm pretty sure a small piece is missing from the left part of the hinge. It still fires bit it is loose and jiggles and rest on the plunger tip most of the time. Lighting is my first issue as I'm not good with circuitry. I can fix flippers and mechanical things but I'm just not very skilled or knowledgeable with the boards etc

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I havent had much time with her but I have 6-10 lights that either light up fully at times they shouldnt or some that are ghosting. The LEDs in it are comet and the seller says it was not doing this before shipping. I checked to make sure my connections are secure. Are ideas before I dig into it next week?

Lighting is my first issue as I'm not good with circuitry. I can fix flippers and mechanical things but I'm just not very skilled or knowledgeable with the boards etc

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Controlled_Lamp_Problems

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Oh, also, if someone could maybe post a pic of the auto plunge hinge area it would be helpful.

Here are some shots of my auto-plunge mech from my teardown. I don't have any good shots of it installed unfortunately. Hope this helps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QoQ5mxMv8WexaqmK7

2 weeks later
#490 5 years ago

I've got my junkyard at about 98%
I could use some advise for the folloiing issue.
When the ball is plunged it awards/starts whatever is ready at the sewer (or some toast). It does this about 80% of the time. The opto seems to be lined up well and works 100% of the time outside of the plunge issue. It makes the game so much easier though lol

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've got my junkyard at about 98%
I could use some advise for the folloiing issue.
When the ball is plunged it awards/starts whatever is ready at the sewer (or some toast). It does this about 80% of the time. The opto seems to be lined up well and works 100% of the time outside of the plunge issue. It makes the game so much easier though lol

So the spinner after the plunge isn't registering?

#492 5 years ago

No. I get spinner as normal but also recieved sewer.

#493 5 years ago

It also cycles through all the balls twice on boot up then plays ok.

#494 5 years ago

I'm not an expert in troubleshooting WPC games but have you tried looking at the switch test? It will show how the optos are reading.

#495 5 years ago

Be sure to check the switches in the 'subway' beneath the playfield - that stages to the refrigerator....as well as the switches for the hole to the doghouse - one of those switches is having an issue...

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Be sure to check the switches in the 'subway' beneath the playfield - that stages to the refrigerator....as well as the switches for the hole to the doghouse - one of those switches is having an issue...

Like said here, check the optos in the subway at the fridge and make sure the sewer opto in test isn't firing from vibration from the plunge. I would pull those two sets of optos and reflow them also could be a simple cold solder joint. I believe there is only 2 sets of optos in the subway one for the sewer and one for the fridge to stage a ball, if your game is cycling twice its probably is not staging a ball down there. My no fear did that and just would skip it after the second try but it didn't stage the ball.
When I 1st got my JY mine was having issues not awarding the dog shot but once it went in the hole it awarded anything the sewer had lit but my issue was the switch on the playfield at the entrance of the dog house if that switch doesn't register the next thing in line is the sewer opto in the subway then the fridge I believe.

#497 5 years ago

Not working
31 trough opto
41 opto after spinner
51 left sling leaves

Cant see anything obviously wrong

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not working
31 trough opto
41 opto after spinner
51 left sling leaves
Cant see anything obviously wrong

Something might be wrong with the White Brown if the issues are across the matrix check in from the switch before 21 the coin door slam switch and after switch 61 upper 3 bank right switch. Switch 61has a diod on it check and verify that is working correctly.
I would also reseat both the connectors on the mpu J208 and J206

1 week later
#499 4 years ago

Still working out those bugs
I have a dumb question.
Where does this go? It doesnt seem to match any existing chips. I figured it would be a 2 minute swap but I'm just staring at the boards looking for a match. Thanks.

20190503_135958 (resized).jpg20190503_135958 (resized).jpg20190503_140029 (resized).jpg20190503_140029 (resized).jpg

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Still working out those bugs
I have a dumb question.
Where does this go? It doesnt seem to match any existing chips. I figured it would be a 2 minute swap but I'm just staring at the boards looking for a match. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Replace the old EPROM, with the window. Normally there is a label on it too keep it from getting erased over time. Make sure the new one is plugged in with the notch pointing the same orientation as the old one.

Please update your batteries to Lithiums, which are low risk of leaking and last 5+ years.
23405c74ba0b3ecfc0b94ff107de124f529c8982_png (resized).png23405c74ba0b3ecfc0b94ff107de124f529c8982_png (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.