• Latest reply 4 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170814_200742 (resized).jpg
20170816_230041 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stripes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello all. I have a Williams Junk Yard pin. When it is first powered on, it goes ding, then 5 gongs. The manual sais that's S5 failure. I believe that's on the audio visual board. The game plays great, sound appears 100%, but the display sometimes displays, sometimes freezes, sometimes blank. Would replacement of S5 correct this? I thought S5 was just for sound?
I have replaced the display with a color rgb version and have the same issues. The diagnostic leds are all lit properly. Suggestions? Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

Occasionally the display runs ok, but now it's either all blank or frozen at "game over". Sometimes it displays half text. Remainer of game runs fine. When it works, it will play fine until it's turned off and on again.

I reset all the ribbon cables, checked all connections and chips on board to ensure they are tight. No change.leds ok.

Since the board freezes yet displays some text, does that indicate a cpu issue or video audio board issue? When the display is acting up, I can't get into the test mode. It just tones when I press any of the 4 buttons.

Should I start with new ribbon cables?

My test said right out lane switch 27, switch 67 & 68 bowl entry/exit. I adjusted 67 & 68 and they work now. I can't tell of I get a decimal as it won't display now.

20170816_230041 (resized).jpg

20170814_200742 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Any Junkyard owners out there?

#6 4 years ago

ok, thanks, i'll order cables and try it out.

#8 4 years ago

Removed, inspected, and re-enstalled the old ribbons, no change, currently no display, I know the display functions, so I ordered cables, but expect it to be something bad on the board? Maybe the caps are dried out?

#10 4 years ago

My new ribbon cables arrived and it totally fixed my problem! Thank you so much for the sound advice and assistance!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Anamoose, ND
$ 27.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Clara, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stripes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!