IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2951 (resized).JPG
IMG_20150618_165902_(resized).jpg
IMG_20150618_165829_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

This is the coolest mod I've ever seen. Wish I had a JY...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

This is the coolest mod I've ever seen. Wish I had a JY...

LOL, I don't have a JY and I bought one, just in case I get a JY in the future.

#53 9 years ago

So I've almost finished painting my personal surround. I still want to add a few details and try to make the cars look a little dirty but here it is so far:
image.jpgimage.jpg

It's definitely not an easy part to paint but it's doable with patience. Also I highly recommend spraying a thick primer on it before paint to help fill the small ridges and stuff. It also helps to see imperfections that you can smooth out prior to paint.

I am still able to sell a few more of these if anyone else is interested. Here are the details(sorry for reiterating).

Unfinished(unpainted) 3d cars surround for JunkYard.
$70usd shipped to USA. If you paypal and aren't comfortable with gift payment, please add $3 to cover the fees. I can ship international, just contact me for a shipping price.
Here is how it comes:
image-518.jpgimage-518.jpg
image-171.jpgimage-171.jpg

You have to remove a little of the 3d printer support material from the back(needle nose pliers works good). You also have to paint it and drill the 2 holes.

Chuck(modfather) has offered to paint them for people. If you want to see pics of one that he painted look back in this post, I sold one that he painted for me. When it was installed in the game it looked great, but if your a perfectionist you might wanna paint it yourself. I can directly ship it to him if we all work out the details, just pm us. You will have to pay him separately from me and he will ship it to you when it's done. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

-Tom

#54 9 years ago

Finally finished it up!
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#56 9 years ago

I still have a couple of unpainted surrounds if anyone else wants one.

#57 9 years ago

I want one!

..But right now all my piinball 'fun' money is going into my TZ, which is sitting in pieces at the moment. Hopefully.. soon...!

9 months later
#58 8 years ago

I just 3D printed two more unpainted ones in case anyone is still interested. Again here are the details:

Cost: $70 US, This price INCLUDES shipping to the continental US!

What you will need to do:
- remove some tiny imperfections and such left over from the printing process(I do most or all of this before I ship it usually)
- Drill 2 holes to line up with your machine(I usually mark where mine is drilled for reference)
- Paint part to your liking(countless hours)(also I recommend priming the whole part before paint. It will help to smooth the tiny lines from the 3D printing process and keep the paint from bleeding)

Pm me. Thank you,

-Tom

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#59 8 years ago

Remarkable ... Not my favourite game , but this mod has me thinking! Great job looks fantastic!

3 months later
#60 7 years ago

Update!! I had a friend of mine who is a model painter paint up 4 of these for me. He did them similar to the one I did and made the cars look dirty like they would in a junkyard. The price on these is $135 including shipping in the US. First come first serve as there's only 4 of them and 1 or 2 might already be sold. Thanks,

-Tom

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#61 7 years ago

Bottom one is sold.

#62 7 years ago

Top one also sold.

#63 7 years ago

These painted ones are all sold. I'm just waiting payment on one of them. If I get more of these painted I will bump this post and it will be first come first serve. Thank you all for the interest!!

-Tom

#64 7 years ago

They look great.

#65 7 years ago

This turned out really nice and your friend did a great job with the paint. Here's to hoping you sell a bunch of these.

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

I would never had thought to do this mod and I actually build models. I'm going to do something similar to this model that I built when I eventually find a JY but I will use front and rear ends cut off of model bodies.

IMG_20150618_165829_(resized).jpgIMG_20150618_165829_(resized).jpg

IMG_20150618_165902_(resized).jpgIMG_20150618_165902_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#67 7 years ago

Might I suggest printing some 55-gallon barrels and a used tire stack -- both could be mounted on the outside edges to conceal the edges of the convex stack of cars.

Also, if someone were to make a car stack of late 60's and early 70's muscle cars, rather than this old 50's stuff, well.... that would be the clincher for me! I'd have to go out an purchase the game if I could outfit it with the likes of '70-'71 'Cudas, '69 Camaros, '70 Chevelles, any GTOs, Mustangs, etc.

-Brian

#68 7 years ago

Man this is a great looking mod.

9 months later
#69 7 years ago

I'm picking up a Junkyard project in the next month. I'll be needing one of these at that time. These will be available in about a month?

3 weeks later
#70 7 years ago

Placeholder post in case more of these are made.

#71 7 years ago

Would greatly appreciate this mod. I am never going to sell my JY.

#72 7 years ago

Are these still available? I would want a painted one.

#73 7 years ago

If he does not chime in I will let him know when I see him Monday his thread is active again.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If he does not chime in I will let him know when I see him Monday his thread is active again.

I sent a pm a few days ago about it -- he said he might do another run of all black ones (everyone will have to paint their own) and to watch his thread, thus my earlier placeholder

#75 7 years ago

How much are they. I'm in!

#76 7 years ago

Sorry for not replying to the thread quickly. I am going to make a few more of these and I will offer them unpainted. I am making them in the black plastic only right now(I think it's better because you can leave the tires and the tabs unpainted). I am considering getting a few painted as well but I don't know yet. I will update this thread when I have more available. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

-Tom

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Sorry for not replying to the thread quickly. I am going to make a few more of these and I will offer them unpainted. I am making them in the black plastic only right now(I think it's better because you can leave the tires and the tabs unpainted). I am considering getting a few painted as well but I don't know yet. I will update this thread when I have more available. Thanks everyone for the kind words.
-Tom

Thanks a million! The ones that your friend painted looked really good. Once the word is out this may turn into a part-time hobby for you! Regardless, I wouldn't mind custom painting them myself. You rock! Thanks again.

2 weeks later
#78 6 years ago

I'm in for one, would prefer painted but unpainted would be fine also. We just scored a JY and I noticed a couple cracks in the plastic piece.

1 week later
#79 6 years ago

I'd be in for one.... please!!!

#81 6 years ago

Just got the black version. Solid construction, and looks amazing. Feels very durable. Painting it next weekend and will post some shots.

#82 6 years ago

I would be in for one for sure. Interested in picking up a painted one if that is an option. Looking forward to more info! These look awesome.

#83 6 years ago

FYI: I've been contacting and shipping unpainted ones to people that have already contacted me or said in this thread that they were interested. I have 4 of them being painted right now and will sell them to the people who have expressed interest. I will try to keep it in the first come first served basis. I've been doing most of this via PMs on here. I didn't originally design this to produce and sell, I just figured it would be a cool project. Thank you all for the interest!

-Tom

1 month later
#84 6 years ago

I would like a painted one

#85 6 years ago

I've seen two of these, in person, on two different machines and they look great. Think it should really be a must have, even if you're not into mods.

#86 6 years ago

I would grab a painted set if you can get the "artist" to do some more...those looked great and I can't paint!

#87 6 years ago

I'll take a picture of mine at The Sanctum. So infinitely better than the cheesy one that comes with the game. I am not a MOD guy but this is so much better. Why would you get the flat ugly thing for $65 (BAA out of stock).

To paint I dug out some old Testor's Model paints I had on a basement shelf probably not shaken in 10-15 years. I had maybe 8 colors but when I saw I had silver to do chrome bumpers and things I decided to go for it the night after I got the mod because I could not wait (and could always repaint). With a cheap little brush and a couple of large tooth picks I sat in front of the TV and in an hour or two ended up very happy.

tjc02002 seemed to like the job but he is such a nice guy he might have just been humoring me. Also, this is a stack of cars in a junk yard, so how showroom do you want them?

#88 6 years ago

Are people clearingthese after painting? Can you clear testers enamel ok?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Are people clearingthese after painting? Can you clear testers enamel ok?

I actually did not. Too excited to get the game into The Sanctum for play. Easy enough to pull and shoot some Triple Thick on it. I still have cans of the original stuff and never had it react with anything.

Even the lead Dungeons and Dragons figures I used to pour and paint. I've been a "geek" since the old days before "nerd".

#90 6 years ago

Since this doesn't allow any light to show through like the original I suspect putting a spotlight (maybe right above the sewer hole near Spike) would really make it come alive. Very cool.

I was thinking of selling my JY but with this and the possible upgrade of the bus - I may have to hang on to it!

1 month later
#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Since this doesn't allow any light to show through like the original I suspect putting a spotlight (maybe right above the sewer hole near Spike) would really make it come alive. Very cool.
I was thinking of selling my JY but with this and the possible upgrade of the bus - I may have to hang on to it!

I did add a spotlight to mine but I will say the original clear doesn't have much light coming through because of the full sheet metal bracket right behind it.

A buddy of mine wanted to try to paint one of these and it came out really nice. He doesn't have a junk yard so we are selling it. Same price as before: $135 shipped in the US. First person to PM me gets it.
Thank you.

-Tom

IMG_2951 (resized).JPGIMG_2951 (resized).JPG

#92 6 years ago

i will take it! i pm'd you.

#93 6 years ago

Can anyone help me contact tjc02002? PM isn't working for me?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Stripes:

Can anyone help me contact tjc02002? PM isn't working for me?

FYI: I replied to both of your PMs yesterday.

If you want it it's yours. Your the first to reply. Paypal me $135.

[email protected]

Also send me your shipping address.

Thank you,

-Tom

2 months later
#95 6 years ago

I had 4 more of these painted up to look like dirty cars and they are for sale. I also have some unpainted ones too. Including shipping in the US the painted ones are $135 and the unpainted are $70. Let me know if your interested.
-Tom

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#96 6 years ago

do you have anymore of these

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from oldpinballer:

do you have anymore of these

Yes. I have 1 painted one and 1 unpainted ready to ship. PM me.

-Tom

#98 6 years ago

Subscribing ... wish I had a junk yard

#99 6 years ago

Very cool . Junk Yard is a fun pinball I have owned two over the years .

1 month later
#100 6 years ago

I asked a friend, who is an artist, to paint my cars. Here is his work and these 3D cars look great! (I asked him not to age them so if they look shiny new it was by my request. It is just a pinball machine and exact realism is not required. I think of them as looking at the back of a multi level drive in theatre. )

IMG_0719 (resized).jpgIMG_0719 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-3d-cars-surround-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.