You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200819_134119551 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200818_153421445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200818_153359788 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've cleaned the steppers in the game. Player unit has had switches and rivets cleaned, light layer of teflon gel lube applied. Same for all other steppers. Backbox relays have had switches cleaned and the seem to operate properly by hand.

When pressing start at a game over state, the game goes through it's reset process. I'd like to note that a credit is not subtracted from the credit unit, if that means anything to the EM experts.

The Z1 relay engages and tries to reset P1 and P2 reels. For this test, I started with a 1 on each reel on purpose. I get the result of the first pic and the score motor continuously resets.

Z1 is locked on. If I manually open that relay, then Z2 engages and does the same thing. I end up with the second pic with the score motor continuously running.

Seems the thousands and ten thousands won't reset at all during this process.

If I set all reels to zero, the game will go into game mode and play a game and score, so I know those reels that won't reset during game start do function properly.

This is my first Gottlieb EM, so any advice is surely appreciated.

Thanks,
RC

IMG_20200818_153359788 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_153359788 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_153421445 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_153421445 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Double checked the 8 reels that won't reset.

All of them have the switches adjusted correctly. Cleaned them with the flexstone just to be sure.

Verified they operate just like the reels that do reset.

It seems weird that it is the same 2 positions (10K and 1K) on all players. Could it be a larger issue in the relays or player unit?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

HowardR nailed it again... the clue is that each player's 10K and 1K reels aren't going back to 0... clear from the schematic as shown... reading a schematic is going to be your best friend as a long term pinball owner.

Indeed. I just received the schematics. A friend mailed them to me. I need to get better at reading them, but I have come a long way, from being totally dumbfounded lol. I'll check that switch right away.

#8 3 years ago

That was the problem. Thanks Howard. I thought I had cleaned all the score motor switches, but that one was hidden and tilted differently than the others. Filed that switch, as it was making good contact, already. That got the other reels resetting. Woohoo.

Now, the pops seem to lock on the 100pt relay. They also don't pop. I'll dig into that on the schematics. The 500pt lanes don't do it. I really do want to be able to figure this stuff out for myself, but you guys are invaluable.

Thanks,
RC

#11 3 years ago

The 100 pt locked on issue was resolved by cleaning these 3 relays that handle the pops.

IMG_20200819_134119551 (resized).jpgIMG_20200819_134119551 (resized).jpg

The left and right red bumpers fire simultaneously no matter which skirt switch is activated. Based on what I see, that seems correct.

#12 3 years ago

Final issue is the right side monkey drops don't reset. That coil doesn't seem to activate. Into the schematics, I go

#13 3 years ago

Final issue was a fuse. Lol. Tested with a circuit breaker before wasting a fuse. Seems good. Woohoo. Now to finish cleaning her highness up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-won-t-reset-to-zeros?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.