• Latest reply 4 years ago by BonusLord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Jungle-Queen-Work-01 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I have little to no experience with repairing EM games, but I'm currently trying to troubleshoot/fix an issue with my Gottlieb Jungle Queen. I'd appreciate any tips for how to track down the cause. Basically, everything works fine until the last player drains their 5th ball. At this point, the machine gets caught in an endless loop rather than entering the "Game Over" state as it should. Additional details:
- After draining the final ball, the score motor starts to spin and never stops
- The issue happens regardless of how many players were in the game (always happens when the final player drains their final ball)
- When it gets stuck in the loop, the P1 and P4 lights in the upper left of the backbox are on, while P2 and P3 are off (even if it was a 1P game)
- In a 4P game, the P1-P4 lights proceed through this sequence when the final ball drains: P4 off -> P3 off -> P2 off -> P4 on -> stuck (seems like each step of the sequence corresponds to one rotation of the score motor)
- If I manually trigger the "Game Over" relay, it breaks out of the loop and correctly enters the game over state (although the P1 and P4 lights remains lit in the game over state which seems abnormal). Game resets and works fine if I start a new game after manually triggering the game over.

#2 4 years ago

Hi bonus.how many switches are in game over relay.try putting paper strips between switches in game over relay.start game,then manually drain all balls.til game over.then pull one strip at time.see if that controls lights, ect.

#3 4 years ago

Also do you have schematic of game.if so.please post section from game over relay.you should see if and where game over relay and player unit meet,check all switches on those lines.also make sure score motor switch is clean.but I would not be doing a lot of cleaning.just what schem shows of game over relay first.it could make more problems.

#4 4 years ago

Also do you have schematic of game.if so.please post section from game over relay.you should see if and where game over relay and player unit meet,check all switches on those lines.also make sure score motor switch is clean.but I would not be doing a lot of cleaning.just what schem shows of game over relay first.it could make more problems.

#5 4 years ago

Hi
here some snippets of the schematics. Write if You want more. Greetings Rolf

0Jungle-Queen-Work-01 (resized).jpeg0Jungle-Queen-Work-01 (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago

Hi Rolf.thanks for posting schem.please help Bonus.im sure you know machine ( 4 player ).im still learning myself.again thanks.

#7 4 years ago

Hi pinballbrian +
it is late in Switzerland - I want to go to sleep. See the bottom left corner in the JPG in post-5: When the last ball drains - Bonus-Ladder is counted down - then the O-Relay must pull-in (does it ???) and close the switch so current can flow to the coil on BX-Relay (to actuate).
When the O-Relay is not pulling-in: BonusLord, press the armature on O-Relay - what happens. Till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

#8 4 years ago

I’m thinking his “O” relay would be pulling in or else the game would not work properly on all other balls in a game. Weird that it sounds like his player unit is advancing on last ball drain. Try switching the game from 5 ball to 3 or vice versa wherever you have it set now and see if any difference.

#9 4 years ago

After some more testing and poking around, the problem seems to have resolved itself, although I never really identified the root cause

I manually fired the game over coil using some alligator clip wires just to be sure it was firing properly (it was). After that I examined the OR-GR wire that links the game over relay to the coin unit and poked around the coin unit a bit to see what was going on. At that point I ran through a game again and the machine successfully transitioned to the game over state (P4 light still on tho, hmm). My best guess is that one of the wires around the coin unit was loose/flaky or maybe one of the contacts was dirty and my poking around jostled things back into a working state. Guessing I'll see the issue pop up again at some point but now I have a pretty good idea of where the problem is. Thanks for all the help/advice! (FYI, before this I switched the game to 3 ball mode as frenchmarky suggested and the issue still occurred)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-won-t-game-over-after-ball-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.