• Latest reply 4 years ago by RetroRyan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Hey all, I have a new issue that popped up today on a Gottlieb Jungle Queen. Symptoms as follows:

1. 500 points for rollovers A, B and C not scoring, and drop targets not scoring (but they are adding bonus)
2. M relay is locked on.

Otherwise the game works great. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

#2 4 years ago

Turn the machine off, then turn it on and start a new game. If the M relay locks on immediately, check for a playfield switch stuck closed.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Turn the machine off, then turn it on and start a new game. If the M relay locks on immediately, check for a playfield switch stuck closed.

Negative @HowardR, the M relay does not lock on right away, but it does lock on when you start a game and then hit a rollover switch at the top (A, B, C).

What do you think?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroRyan:

Negative HowardR, the M relay does not lock on right away, but it does lock on when you start a game and then hit a rollover switch at the top (A, B, C).
What do you think?

Check the normally-closed score reel end-of-stroke switches

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Check the normally-closed score reel end-of-stroke switches[quoted image]

Thank you I will check these today and report back!

#6 4 years ago

Hey HowardR so the end of stroke switches are all adjusted properly. All the reels are resetting to 0 properly as well. No less, the M relay still pulls in as soon as a rollover is engaged. Anything else I should check?

#7 4 years ago

Does the M relay lock on if you activate it manually?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Yes. HowardR

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

1) Does a 100 point scoring unit solenoid pull in and stay pulled in when you activate M?
2) Does M lock on if you put a piece of paper in one of the 100 point scoring unit end-of-stroke switches and activate M manually?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

1) Does a 100 point scoring unit solenoid pull in and stay pulled in when you activate M?
2) Does M lock on if you put a piece of paper in one of the 100 point scoring unit end-of-stroke switches and activate M manually?

@HowardR, no. If I put a piece of paper at end of stroke on 100s unit at player 1 and activate rollover, M relay does not stay pulled in. This sounds like progress?....

#11 4 years ago

I think Howard nailed it... that EOS switch is not working properly... can you tell us what the contacts are doing when you manually move the counter via the plunger?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I think Howard nailed it... that EOS switch is not working properly... can you tell us what the contacts are doing when you manually move the counter via the plunger?

YES Dono that EOS switch 8s either the problem or the result of another problem in the circuit. The M relay does stop pulling in when I engage that score reel coil then will lock on again when any playfield score using the 100's reel 8s actuated. The wires look good to the switch and everything seems in order. Is there another place I should be checking for a short?

#13 4 years ago

I had the same problem

Quoted from RetroRyan:

YES Dono that EOS switch 8s either the problem or the result of another problem in the circuit. The M relay does stop pulling in when I engage that score reel coil then will lock on again when any playfield score using the 100's reel 8s actuated. The wires look good to the switch and everything seems in order. Is there another place I should be checking for a short?

So when you manually activate that plunger, can you confirm that the EOS is opening at the end of the plunger stroke, and closing at the end of the stroke?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I had the same problem

So when you manually activate that plunger, can you confirm that the EOS is opening at the end of the plunger stroke, and closing at the end of the stroke?

#15 4 years ago

Yes. All EOS switches on all 16 reels are gapped properly.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroRyan:

Yes. All EOS switches on all 16 reels are gapped properly and functioning properly. I went through each 1 by 1.

#17 4 years ago

I'm confused, you say in post 10 that if you place paper in that EOS switch on 100s reel player one that the M relay doesn't stay pulled in... but then you say that the EOS switch is gapped properly... not trying to be an ass here, but how can the EOS on that reel NOT be the problem? Have you actually viewed that EOS switch in action when the M relay fires? Maybe when manually testing it's opening ok, but being pulsed from the M relay, perhaps the coil plunger isn't completing its stroke quite the same way.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I'm confused, you say in post 10 that if you place paper in that EOS switch on 100s reel player one that the M relay doesn't stay pulled in... but then you say that the EOS switch is gapped properly... not trying to be an ass here, but how can the EOS on that reel NOT be the problem? Have you actually viewed that EOS switch in action when the M relay fires? Maybe when manually testing it's opening ok, but being pulsed from the M relay, perhaps the coil plunger isn't completing its stroke quite the same way.

I will double check this weekend. I see your point. Maybe the coil isn't plunging far enough to open EOS... Tis possible. I will report back. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-scoring-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.