(Topic ID: 223014)

Jungle Queen - Reset Problem

By MaxAsh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello All - I'm helping a friend with a Jungle Queen, and we're stuck with what seems to be a reset issue. Apparently, the game was working fine, and then someone tilted during game play. After that occurred, the game never reset properly again. It could be unrelated, but I'm mentioning it just for reference.

Here's what I know so far:

Upon turning the machine on, the score motor will begin turning, and the game will attempt to reset somewhat. The AX Relay (Reset Completed Relay) will stay pulled in and latched, so the game never completes it's cycle. If I manually release the latch, the reset process stops and score motor stops spinning. Manually adding a credit and pressing start will begin the loop all over again. I'm not sure if it's a stepper issue, or a switch issue somewhere... trying to sort it out.

Something, somewhere, is preventing the reset from completing I believe. I'm not as familiar with this era Gottlieb as I am with some other EM pins, so any advice is welcome. I have the "start up process" info, but I'm having some trouble sorting through all the complexities.

Thanks in advance for advice/assistance! I'll happily provide more info if it will help, let me know. I'm going back tomorrow and/or Monday to look at it again, so fire away with ideas.

#2 5 years ago

Reply sent in private message

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Reply sent in private message

Replied, thanks HowardR

Anyone else have any thoughts in the meantime? The complexity of the Player Unit and the stepper in the front right of the cabinet is different than other, older Gottliebs I've known.

#4 5 years ago

When you push the start/credit/replay button, the machine starts the reset process, all the score reels reset, but the score motor keeps spinning and the reset process is never completed? Do you have a schematic for the machine?...

One of the switches that sends power to the score motor is not opening during the reset process. You'll need to look at the circuit that has switches that send power to the score motor. Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly. If these "primary" switches look good, then you'll need to look at the circuits that control the relays for these switches... Let us know what you find. If you don't have the schematic, we can work with another schematic from the same era...

#5 5 years ago

I have the schematic, which is a plus, but Gottlieb AX/BX, Z1, Z2... they drive me nuts. I'm way better with Williams and Bally.

I'll have to check the score reels to see if they reset by adding something manually and trying to reset. If it helps, I can provide snippets from the schematic (since Gottlieb isn't a fan of sharing the whole thing around). Let me know what you'd like to see. Normally I'd be checking stuff like the zero position on the score reels, the Game Over and Tilt relays, etc... but with late gen Gottlieb EMs it feels like there are 20 things that go into that process I'm not used to.

#6 5 years ago

Here's some good reading for AX/BX help: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#reset

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-reset-problem?hl=maxash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.