Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BubbaK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I've been working on this Jungle Queen and I had it working great. The machine was filthy so I decided to pull everything apart and give it a good cleaning. I also replaced the 1st ball and game over relay coils as they were toasted. I put it all back together and I have a new, very strange issue. I can play a game or 2 without issue. After 2-3 games, it will not go through the reset cycle. The replay switch starts to do something, but the score motor only turns for a quick second. S&V pull in quickly and drop out. I tried holding them in while hitting the replay button and same thing. If I manually push the switch plate on the AX relay, the game will go through its reset. I have the AX relay set pretty good. It snaps in both directions and the contacts are all opening and closing. If I power off the machine and power it right back on it doesn't reset. If I power it off and let it sit for 10 min, and I can play a game and everything resets properly. I remembered when I changed the 2 coils, one of the frames was very magnetic. I don't remember which one, but putting the new coil in I felt the magnetism pretty strong. I'm wondering if its something along those lines? I remember reading somewhere about magnetism, but not really sure if thats whats going on here or how to correct it.

#2 3 years ago

Sometimes you can find a relay will stay energized thru the residual magnitizm. the u relay will mess things up. a quick fix is a piece of electrical tape between the coil and armature. If that fixes the issue then replace armature. (or leave as is)

#4 3 years ago

Well, I tried the electrical tape and also a thin cardboard and neither one worked. I had the same results. I dug out my soldering gun and degaussed the bracket and plate. I checked it with a piece of metal and was no longer magnetic. I put it back together and just played a bunch of games without issue. Looks like this issue has been resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-reset-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.