6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Boise_D
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hoping someone can give some ideas on why 1977 Jungle Queen won't start.
The game has power. Backbox lights when turned on. Tilt is also lit on backbox. No playfield lights.
The continuous hold relays are not activated.
Checked all the slam tilts I could find, and all look correct.
The game has credits.
The coindoor lockout is not engaged.
Clue? If I use a wooden chopstick to manually activate the Tilt Hold relay, the tilt goes off on the backbox and all of the playfield GI lights come on
The Jones plugs are all plugged in
Score motor does nothing if gently moved
There is a very low hum, which I think is the transformer, since nothing else is activated in the bottom

#4 6 years ago

I tried the start button while manually activating the tilt hold, but the start sequence did not begin. There are 3 continuous hold relays on this game I think, so I need to figure out why power is not reaching any of them.

#7 6 years ago

solved. I noticed that the slam tilt on the cabinet bottom left (above a hole and near the motor) was not contacted. I'm always unsure of whether these should be contacted or not since some are NO and others are NC. I adjusted it to be NC and power came back. The coin door lockout activated, as did the hold relays. Pressing start begins the startup sequence. I need to look at my score reels next. I don't think they all reset properly. I need to check the schematic. I didn't think that the tilt switches came before the hold relays or coin door lockout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-no-startup-backbox-lights-tilt-only?tu=Boise_D and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.