Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
20190306_095459 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

It appears to be stuck in game over. I've done most if not all minor cleaning (jones plugs, checked all wire connections). The switch contacts look like a few are burnt and some are completely silver, but most of them are charcoal colored. This is what happens:

Power On:
-Playfield lights up
-Game Over, Tilt, Player 1 light up
-Q and U Relays are the only ones that pull
+ Both relays keep pulling, buzz, and get warm
+ I replaced both burned coils (no change)

* I press the START relay, the game resets, GameOver and Tilt light up. I press START and HOLD relay, the game resets, GameOver, Player1, and Ball1 light up. The HOLD relay doesn't pull or hold. Ball Roll Tilt switch is closed, the Anti-Cheat switch is open.

(I read the "anti-cheat" switch is on the back of the coin door? please correct me if I'm wrong thanks)

With the Anti-Cheat switch closed, the following happens:

Power On:
-Playfield lights up
-Game Over lights up, Tilt blinks
-Score motor keeps turning
-W, H, T, Bx, Ax Relays keep "pull" clicking

* I press the replay button, the game takes 4 credits, resets, then resets the credits to max, score motor keeps turning and relays keep clicking with game over and tilt lit.

I'm not sure if the switches are in the wrong place or not. I attached a picture I drew of all the switches that look like they were messed with.

Black Line = Off (up) Blue Line = On (down)
Contacts touching are colored in.

Thank you for reading and I hope we can figure it out!

20190306_095459 (resized).jpg20190306_095459 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Hi VidiSil , Welcome to pinside!

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#4 5 years ago

Good luck with your game, and HowardR is always spot-on with guidance!

Here is also a nice post from DirtFlipper which explains how to determine visually whether a blade pair should be open or closed in a given coil state:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-2-player-switch-stack-issues#post-2652295

#5 5 years ago

Thanks! I appreciate the help, however I adjusted the switch and nothing has changed. All the switches look right..

Is it a loose wire? A switch not clean or closed/open? ..I've been researching and tinkering for weeks and I'm wondering if theres something im missing..thanks team!

#6 5 years ago

The make/break switch on the Q relay looks wrong - it looks like both sides of the switch are closed, the switch blade to the left of the central blade should be open.

Regards, Richard.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiSil:

* I press the replay button, the game takes 4 credits, resets, then resets the credits to max, score motor keeps turning

Which of these switches/relays is keeping the motor turning?

#8 5 years ago

Looks like -W-. It is continuously "click pulling"
Also -U- is getting hot.

Quercus22 - good eye..thank you.

I finally got the schematics and I'm gonna check all the relay contacts as well.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiSil:

-U- is getting hot.

The 1st Ball relay (U) should hold in once you tilt or get some points.

Quoted from VidiSil:

-W-. It is continuously "click pulling"

The coin switches on the front door should interrupt current flow to the 2nd Chute relay (W) unless W's hold switch is stuck closed

#10 5 years ago

Thank you, the coin switch was closed. It stopped the running motor issue. Now after hitting the replay button, it resets, then game over and tilt light.

*random
I found out with GameOver(Q)'s black wire disconnected and manually pressing Tilt Hold(H):

Player 1 and Ball 1 light, the playfield is responsive (flippers and chimes too) but doesn't register score.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiSil:

doesn't register score

If manually activating the L, M and N relays in the head doesn't advance the score, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the indicated switch on the Hold relay (R)
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-game-over-won-t-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.