IMG_6744 (resized).JPG
IMG_6743 (resized).JPG
IMG_6731 (resized).JPG
IMG_6730 (resized).JPG
IMG_6729 (resized).JPG
IMG_6728 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

I need help with where these wires attach on my jungle queen.

They seem to go to one of the coils of the bonus unit, but don't want to guess. Haha. I have the schematics for the game but it doesn't appear to show me the wiring of the steppers. Just the relays.

Thanks!

IMG_6729 (resized).JPGIMG_6729 (resized).JPG

IMG_6728 (resized).JPGIMG_6728 (resized).JPG

IMG_6731 (resized).JPGIMG_6731 (resized).JPG

IMG_6730 (resized).JPGIMG_6730 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

The contact rivets on the stepper will be represented on the schematic by a rectangle with large black dots. Look at the color of the wire attached to the broken wire lug, and then match up the color of the wire to the schematic wire diagram. Each segment of the circuit on the schematic will indicate the wire color... Looking at your photos, that one wire (yellow/black or white/black or yellow/green???) might be a ground wire that attached to the solenoid bracket of the bonus unit. Check the schematic to confirm...

#3 6 years ago

Thanks. The only mention I found of the bonus unit was here:

IMG_6743 (resized).JPGIMG_6743 (resized).JPG

All ten of these wires are accounted for.

I think this is a ground wire too due to the bonus lights not working on the game and the gauge of the wire. It is white/black for the color as well.

#4 6 years ago

Okay I found where it mentions the white black wire:

Check the left hand side of this pic. Does that mean it's the ground for all that stuff?

If so, can't I just attach it to something else that's grounded?

IMG_6744 (resized).JPGIMG_6744 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If so, can't I just attach it to something else that's grounded?

That tab on the end of those bundled wires, in a Gottlieb game is usually a grounding tab. Take that loose wire and move it around to see if it gets close to a screw in a mounting point for the Unit. One screw should have the remaining part of that tab under it. Looking at your third photo it might go onto that mounting screw by that blue coil. The base beside that 1 screw looks clean and shiny, and with less oxidation. (Maybe).

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That tab on the end of those bundled wires, in a Gottlieb game is usually a grounding tab. Take that loose wire and move it around to see if it gets close to a screw in a mounting point for the Unit. One screw should have the remaining part of that tab under it. Looking at your third photo it might go onto that mounting screw by that blue coil. The base beside that 1 screw looks clean and shiny, and with less oxidation. (Maybe).

Good call. These wires are definitely soldered to a tab that has broken off. I'll look. I'm also gonna test it wirh the game on too make sure it's not powered.

#7 6 years ago

This wire has 6v running to it so it's definitely why I'm not getting any bonus lights. Just not sure where it's supposed to attach. I thought maybe it broke off the Bakelite wheel with the bonus rivets on it, but doesn't seem to be there.

#8 6 years ago

Bump for the Sunday crowd. Anyone have pics of where this wire attaches?

#9 6 years ago

Bump it up! Where the heck does this White/Black wire go that has 6v running to it?

#10 6 years ago

Touch it onto the frame or a coil stop on the bonus unit. When you see bonus lights lit, you will have confirmed it attaches to the frame of the bonus unit. Similar to the frame of the player unit in the head. When that wire breaks away from the player unit you get no ball in play Lights.

#11 6 years ago

okay I guess I was afraid to try that since it has power running to it. Didnt want to blow anything. But I guess it would just blow a fuse worst case.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Broken tab (resized).jpgBroken tab (resized).jpg

I agree. The allen bolts for the solenoid frame probably have lock washers under them. Most of them will have dedicated lock washers, but the one circled may instead be the other half of that broken solder tab, which will have lock washer style teeth inside the ring to provide the lock washer function.

/Mark

#13 6 years ago

That was it. thanks so much guys. It is always something simple with EMs just need to find it first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-bonus-unit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.