You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jq (resized).jpg
drop target (resized).jpg
JQ P relay (resized).jpg
PXL_20210323_205044473~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

What DaMoib said. Also, clean and adjust the motor 2C switch with the large contact points. That switch needs to close and make good solid contact in order for the drop target reset coils to have a good solid kick.

- TimMe

#6 3 years ago

Here's another suggestion. I'm not sure if it applies to your game (I don't have a schematic) but I've seen this on some games, so it's something you may want to check.

On some GTB games, the scoring switches on each of the drop targets need to have a pretty big gap or you can get a faulty target reset. What happens is that as the reset bar starts to raise the targets, the scoring finger of a target closes its scoring switch immediately, which actuates the relevant score relay (say, 500 points) and that scoring relay has a switch on it that disables the bank reset, which in your case I imagine would cause the P relay to drop out immediately, thus cutting off the reset pulse too soon.

If you are having this issue, you'll see the P relay drop out very early as the target bank starts to reset. The P relay should stay pulled in for most of the motor cycle. There may be some other problem causing the P relay to drop out early, other than the drop-target scoring being triggered on reset, but if you watch the P relay and it is dropping out too early, then at least you'll know to look for what is causing that problem.

- TimMe

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for the schematic snippet @DaMoib! You are right, the P relay has a straight-forward circuit on this game, so my suggestion in post #6 would not apply here.

In addition to what you pointed out about the sequence bank reset, if the P relay lock-in was failing and the P relay was dropping out too early, you'd also be seeing an issue with the player unit not advancing properly to the next player/ball in play.

- TimMe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-another-issue?tu=TimMe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.