• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by paulace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JQ extra ball circuit (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This schematic snippet shows a part of a Gottlieb Jungle Queen that's involved in giving you an extra ball. I have the game set to 3 balls, so I have the schematic set up that way in the drawing. Just need verification that I'm reading this correctly (or not) so I can tell if the game is behaving properly.

It looks like if the alternating relay switches are in the drawn position, the only way 6B gets energized is if you've knocked down either set of drop targets, and you land in the left kickout hole or roll over the left outside rollover switch. If relay A gets energized (by the middle pop being hit), then the A switches change state and only a combination of dropping either target bank and the right kickout hole or outside rollover will fire 6B. But if 4B is closed (you've gotten all the A-B-C rollovers), then either kickout hole or outside rollover will fire 6B. I have the small jones plug set to extra ball rather than special as drawn.

Am I reading that correctly?

JQ extra ball circuit (resized).JPGJQ extra ball circuit (resized).JPG
#3 3 years ago

Thanks Mark. The reason I was asking was because a Jungle Queen I was working on didn't act the way I thought it should. The symptom was that when one drop target bank was completed, the extra ball light would come on correctly for only one side at a time, but any of the 4 rollovers or kickout holes would give the extra ball. It acted like switch 4B was shorted, and sure enough I found a short on the tab side of relay 4B with that switch. It was really hard to spot, and I think it may have been there from the factory - it was under all the green, yellow and blue jumpers that run along the underside of that sequence bank. I had to unsolder one of the jumpers just to see the solder bridge. I don't know how someone could have done that after the machine left the factory, but maybe I'm wrong. The machine was set to credits rather than extra balls, and after knocking down both drop banks, would occasionally give you extra credits, so maybe nobody ever noticed...or it was Monday morning and nobody cared.

Anyway, got rid of the bridge and it's all working correctly now....thanks for the verification.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-queen-3-ball-behavior?tu=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.