• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solar City Player Unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrArt2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Just fixed that exact issue on my Jumping Jack an hour ago. It also worked during reset but not between balls/players. And *sometimes* it would work if I advanced it past player 2, but not always. I jumpered everything in its path (two switches at the player unit,3F and 4E, tested fine as did the jones plug connection and wiring all the way to the score motor.) I found the issue at the Score Motor, switch 1A middle switch out of 3 (advance player unit coil.) I believe it was a Brown/Yellow/Red wire and a Slate/Green wire, though I could be wrong. It buzzed fine with my meter but did not work until I jumpered it. A good cleaning and adjustment fixed it. JP may be different because it uses AX/BX and JJ uses a control bank.

I also suspected the first ball relay (house ball relay) but that worked as it should, activating when the first point on the first ball was scored.

I don't have JP schematics at home with me but I have them in my studio, I'll be there tomorrow and can check them out if no one else does beforehand.

#5 6 years ago

That's why I also struggled with mine. The game is new to me so I had no history with it. (beyond it belonging to a radio engineer that sprayed contact cleaner on everything, greased the coils and adjusted almost all the switches. Great.) It advanced perfectly during startup. I focused on the player unit thinking SM was too early in the chain. So I wasted way too much time on that player unit. Had I just pulled out my jumper wires earlier and tested all the way to the score motor, I would have had an early dinner.

That said, it could still be the player unit on yours

PM me tomorrow if you still need the schematic info. Unfortunately, I recently put the game away so I can't crack it open to play along with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrArt2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-princess-wont-advance-player-unit?tu=MrArt2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.