(Topic ID: 146633)

Jungle Princess : Almost working. Not fully reseting after ball drain.

By puck

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello Pinside!

Had my Jungle Princess fully functional, sold it to another pinsider, worked 100% for three days then started to show some issues.

I think these issues are related. Any help is appreciated.
- Upon end of ball or ball drain. The following is noticed; Extra Ball if awarded does not clear, drop targets do not reset, and player ball does not advance.
- Score is added and bonus unit adding the correct amount.
- When ball is drained it does kick out into the shooter lane as expected. Sounds like it is attempting to move the player as the ball indication light blinks.
- Same results are noticed in 3 ball or 5 ball mode.

What has been done recently.
• I just finished fixing the AX relay. During the move it must have come unaligned and was not reseting.
• Cleaned and inspected most other relays.
• Player unit works, coil is good and tested with a MM. Manually advances perfectly.

Otherwise the machine plays and scores great.

DID IT EVER WORK IN YOUR POSSESSION? Yes
WHAT WAS THE LAST SERVICE YOU PERFORMED? Cleaning/Inspecting the Relays
BLOWN FUSES: The main 5Amp SlowBlo was suspect, but not blown so it was replaced. ALL other fuses are good.
SMELL: None
OBVIOUS PAST WORK PERFORMED: Coin door. There was a unused coil hanging from the coin door. Disconnected and removed. Not sure what it was for.
DO YOU HAVE A VOLT METER: yep!~
CAN YOU SOLDER? Totally!
DO YOU HAVE THE SCHEMATIC? Yep!

#2 8 years ago

hi puck, have a look at the path in the circuit where the trough switch is and the p relay. Is the relay activated when the switch is closed?
After that, look at the path to the add player unit relay. all switches must be closed to let the player unit step further. And is your bank reset when you manualy set the p relay? Else make vid and let us see how the machine operates when draining.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks I'll give that a look. Appreciate it!

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from heldereflippers:

hi puck, have a look at the path in the circuit where the trough switch is and the p relay. Is the relay activated when the switch is closed?
After that, look at the path to the add player unit relay. all switches must be closed to let the player unit step further. And is your bank reset when you manualy set the p relay? Else make vid and let us see how the machine operates when draining.

Hello Heldereflippers,

I'm the fella that bought the pin. Checked the trough switch and p relay. The p relay does activate when the trough switch is closed.
Regarding your second point, I'm unclear. What do you mean by "all switches must be closed"? On the player relay - there seems to be 5 switches. The configuration is that 4 switches will close and the last switched is set up reversed. That last switch opens as the other 4 close.. Is this accurate?

To reset the drop target bank, it occurs when I manually hit the U ball relay followed by the p relay. The bank will not reset by just hitting the p relay.

#5 8 years ago

hi pinhi,

Quoted from RumRunner9:

To reset the drop target bank, it occurs when I manually hit the U ball relay followed by the p relay. The bank will not reset by just hitting the p relay.

So the R relay is activated, but your U relay is not. Normally the U relay is activated if you switch on the machine, or after you score some point after resetting. After that the U relay is active, even when the game is over.

So try the following
1. switch on the machine. The U relay and the Q relay (game over) are active
2. push the replay button. The u relay and the Q relay are deactivated
3. score some point. The u relay is activated
4. activate the trough switch. this will activate the p relay and this will reset the targetbank and the sequence bank

In bottom of your schematic (110 V part) you will find that the banks will only reset if the U relay and the P relay are active

So I suspect the U relay.

About the switches/contacts: to activate the add player unit all the contacts in the circuit from right to left must be closed. I did not pointed to the contacts of the p relay, but the contacts of various relays that connect the add player unit to the supply. But i dont think this is the problem.

#6 8 years ago

Thx, I'll take a look at the u relay

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-princess-almost-working-not-fully-reseting-after-ball-drain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.