Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pjflyer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I acquired a JL, played about 10 -12 games and it was working fine. Then, it would not start a new game almost like the button stopped working. I have tried turning it on and off in the different modes. Flippers work. The game was shopped a few months ago. Any ideas where to start. Any help would be appreciated, I have not much experience with early SS games.

As I wrote this, I realized I have not checked on the start button switch yet. Not sure if that could be the culprit.

#2 2 years ago

I would start with the ball trough switches.

#3 2 years ago

Maybe you just ran out of credits.

#4 2 years ago

Flippers shouldn't work if a game isn't started?

But yeah, check ball trough and start switches in switch test, confirm the max credits adjustment is at 0 for free play or that you have credits

#5 2 years ago

I believe it needs to account for all the balls to start. I know on one that I worked on, the ball trough switches needed some adjustment. From there I have found wires on under the playfield broke from their solder joint. If you can get it going enough to get into the switch matrix test it might help track down a switch problem. This is how I discovered the broken wires. Several switches didn't work on a row or column. Good luck.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks all for the advice. Learning experience indeed, ran all the tests. Just needed to add credits.

#7 2 years ago

Glad you found it without too much trouble.

I have found it's not hard to start chasing a rabbit down a hole that isn't there. Sometimes I go do something else and come back starting at the beginning, finding out I missed a very basic step.

How come I don't have any power? Does it have anything to do with it being unplugged?!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jungle-lord-will-not-start-a-new-game-trouble-shooting-help- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.